View Poll Results: What type of MOTU move would you prefer?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want a "realistically" animated MOTU movie.

8 36.36%
  • I want a live action MOTU movie.

14 63.64%

Thread: Should a MOTU movie be animated like the 2007 Beowulf movie or live action?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar

Should a MOTU movie be animated like the 2007 Beowulf movie or live action?

Considering the physiques on Eternia being what they are as compared to real human beings on Earth, I think an animated MOTU movie that resembled the 2007 Beowulf movie would be ideal. This would also open the door for some of the voice actors from the cartoons to participate.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Considering the physiques on Eternia being what they are as compared to real human beings on Earth, I think an animated MOTU movie that resembled the 2007 Beowulf movie would be ideal. This would also open the door for some of the voice actors from the cartoons to participate.
    The movie has to be live action. Full on cgi will not do. Beside Beowulf did nt do that well.

I don't think technology is at a place where we can do hyper-realistic CGI animation without it looking kind of creepy - Beowulf is a prime example of that.

I'd love a high quality animated movie (ie Filmation but without the reuse of animation), but barring that I'd prefer live action.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Let me get this straight...

Mattel/MOTU is doing stuff alongside DC Comics at this very moment (a DC MOTU comicbook series and Mattel toy licensing the DC heroes) YET we have DC nor Mattel, seeing any logic in releasing one-off animated movies like the ones already being made on a consistent basis in the long line of relatively successful straight to DVD DC Animated movies?

Weird.

This poll needs a third option for "I want a traditional old-school animated MOTU movie." That said, I don't want CGI. Not until the technology gets much better. So, in the end I went with live action.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    The movie has to be live action. Full on cgi will not do. Beside Beowulf did nt do that well.
    Fair enough, but I really don't want to see a bunch of skinny(by comparison to the source material) muscle men in a MOTU movie. A good example of what I'm talking about is the Conan remake. Jason Momoa was too skinny for the part of Conan. If He-Man looks that thin, I will be very disappointed.

Now if they could get a bunch of good actors with Arnold Schwarzenegger physiques, I'd have more hope. But I can't think of one good actor with an Eternian physique. Even the Spartans from 300 were undersized in comparison to what MOTU guys have always looked like. As for Beowulf, I don't think it was the animation style that was to blame for its lack of success. It wasn't the greatest movie ever but I found it to be pretty decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    This poll needs a third option for "I want a traditional old-school animated MOTU movie." That said, I don't want CGI. Not until the technology gets much better. So, in the end I went with live action.
    I didn't add that option because honestly, I don't see any chance of Mattel going that route. If they were interested in going that route, they could have easily made direct to DVD stand alone features much like DC does with their movies.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; September 17, 2013 at 11:22pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

live action will get the most attention and has the biggest chance at mass market exposure.

that said I DO want high quality animated dvd films like those dc has been putting out as well
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

hmm.. i went with animated... i think a live action film wont look that great .. my fear is that i will look like a bad sci-fi channel flick or a Chris Dane Owens video...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Animated would be much more logical. Provided that either A. it's handled by Warner Bros. ala the DCAU or B. Mike Young handles the animation [which would be awesome, both on a nostalgic level and a practical level].