71 52.21%
  • Both

49 36.03%
  • I'm not collecting (BOOOO)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On or Off the Card?

On or Off the Card?

I personally didn't think to buy more than one of the first three figs so I'm content to have them stay on the card and then take the second releases off. But what about the rest of the Org Union? Are you buying toys for display or MOC's for display. On or off the card? Which is it? TELL ME! I Really want to know!

I didn't see an option for "on the card, and IN an acrylic case." So I guess on the card MOC will due.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I only buy one figure (unless it comes with two heads that I like). I open my figures and keep the packages, especially if they come with bios like Transformers or Marvel Legends. If they don't have any bios then I'll keep one of the packages and throw the rest away.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I buy 2 of each, one to have MOC and one loose. For those with 2 heads or 2 outfits (such as Mer Man and Teela), I will buy 3 and have 1 MOC and 2 loose, one displayed either way.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

One to open for display and one moc just because I'm a collector. But the opened figure is by far the best way to show off your new MOTU Classics figures
    Last edited by Overhaul; March 22, 2009 at 12:17am.

I buy two of each. I like 'em loose so much better. I actually don't like carded figures, I think it's so pitiful for a toy to be kept in a box . That's not it's purpose. But I collect 'em MOC to keep one in good shape for later, than I can open another one

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Captjhan - I'm exactly the same. The first three figures I only got one of each(though being around Christmas time, hence money being tighter, also influenced this), but starting from Stratos I had to get two - one for MOC and one to rip open and pose!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Both - and more than one for each purpose, 5 alltogether...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Sometimes I buy 2 of each, one to have MOC and one loose.

Sometimes I buy only 1, sometimes two and then with Faker I bought 4. I started with only 1 figure but then my youngest daughter started to like he man so i started to get 2, one for me, moc and one for her to play with. Then my oldest daughter started to get into he man as well, hence the reason for 4. Well I had to have a faker to play with as well. So when he arrives we are going to have a Faker battle royal! The only problem is MOTUC is getting more and more expensive with my kids jumping on board. But its worth it when I watch them play!

Both ... A complete line MOC will be priceless in 30 years.
    Besides, it will look so sweet on our walls in a couple of years,
    when we have some 25 figures!

I'm going with Loose. I wanted to have a MOC version, but just don't have the extra money for two each month. The ones that will come with an extra head, it will just depend on if I really want to have both on display. Merman I'm on the fence about about getting two to have both heads on display. But Man-At-Arms, now I'm buyin two of him for sure. Same with Teela.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    Just one to keep loose. And when I can afford it; another one to customize.

Just one for MOC. I think they look better displayed that way, kind of like works of art. Aside from my vintage collection all my other stuff is MOC/MIB.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I started doing the one to open and one to keep moc but I decided to stop as I looked towards the future.When we start to get castles,battlecat,panthor and vehicles I don't want two each of those, not to mention when we have twenty plus figures I dont want the mocs taking up storage space.

Similar to what MegaGearMax said I'll buy one unless it comes with two heads or other displayable options(King Hiss,Modulok,Mekaneck).I know for Man-E-Faces I will buy three one for each face.

I'd like to do both, but in my current situation, I can only get one of each, so I'm keeping my figures MOC. I planning on getting some re-leases, so I can have them off card.

- Joni -

I open my toys!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Loose. I just don't see the point in buying a toy and never opening it.

So far I've opened everything that I've bought, but will keep some MOC once POP rolls around.

Bang your head!!!
    One to open and one carded.
    Im not sure what I want to do when figures with 2 heads come around...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Heroic Warrior
    I usually buy at least four, in order to have at least one good condition MOC, then i open one to display loose and keep the other carder in boxes for i don't know what in the future. Very rarely I resell something...

Both. At the moment I focus on MOCs but it's fun to have an extra figure (mint or not) to handle.
    MOTU collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patobot...617600/detail/ (53 sealed items)

POP collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patobot...668314/detail/ (36 sealed items)

Feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176288

Updated: August 1st 2010

Mine are open & looking cool. I did want a MOC He-Man but couldn't afford another at the time. Thems the breaks. I am happy with the one I have & even though I don't play with the figures, they are fun to pose & place in different areas of my room.

Heroic Warrior
    MOC here.

All the way.

Darth Bong

I keep all mine mint on card for display, but do buy some extras to open like He-Man, Battle Cat, Skeletor, and hopefully Panthor soon. Would also like a loose set of Adam, Orko, and Cringer.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!