View Poll Results: Should Mattel continue to offer "CHASE" figures?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 48.75%
  • No

41 51.25%

Thread: Should Mattel continue to offer "CHASE" figures?

Should Mattel continue to offer "CHASE" figures?

Should Mattel continue to offer "CHASE" figures, like Anti-Eternia He-Man?

Absolutely. It's a way to offer a figure they would otherwise not do. And debates aside they are designed to not be "must haves" though as rabid fans we usually do.

The main thing to remember though is that it is a way to offer a figure that does not fit otherwise in a different slot. I will always choose to be offered more figures whatever way they can figure out a way to fit it in than not get more figures.

As usual it's easy. If you want it, get it. If you do not want it or do not want to do the process necessary to get it, dont get it.

One way or another I have gotten all the chase variants and I have not paid second hand prices. Did not necessarily get them the very first time they are offered, but I did get them.

Heroic Warrior
    Most certainly. . I never put to much thought or effort throughout the year. I know it will arrive around nov/Dec and I will get it then with ease.

The question is IMO kind of loaded. The poll needs more options.

Do I want more "out of sub variant figures?" YES. Bring them on.

Do I wish they were just offered as an extra figure like Serpentine Hiss? Yes.

Do I feel these "out of sub variant figures" need to be "CHASE" figures? NO.

Mattel should just put the figure up on the site and be done with it. There's no need for a "hunt" when you have a subscription-based line.

Yes....but they should increase the number alot Ted for early access for subscribers. Even if they limit to 3 per person for the first offering, it does no good if they are so limited they sell out in two minutes. Do it like they did the first offering of Serpentine King Hsss. Have them all available. There will still be people that are not subscribers that can chase them, the or people that wanted more than 3. Early Access should be a perk so those that want to be all in can be all in and not have to jump through the hoops those who choose not to subscribe jump through.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    It's not a matter of whether or not they should offer chase figures, it's a matter of HOW they offer them.

It's no wonder Mattel is slipping like this... they have terrible business practices that undermine their customer base.

Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    The question needs changing because extra figures are welcome but hard to acquire ones most certainly are not. So the answer has to be 'no'. Just extend the subscription by a figure if it's being made anyway.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Well if they do away with the chase...customers will complain that there will be a figure in the sub they are "forced" to buy....
    If they keep the chase... customers will complain that the chase sucks(which i agree...but am fine with what they do either way).... so no matter what... its Mattys fault.. damned either way... cant please everyone i guess
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Well if they do away with the chase...customers will complain that there will be a figure in the sub they are "forced" to buy....
    If they keep the chase... customers will complain that the chase sucks(which i agree...but am fine with what they do either way).... so no matter what... its Mattys fault.. damned either way... cant please everyone i guess

That's not what people are saying at all. Did you actually read any of the posts in this thread?

People want the variants and don't mind them being out of the sub as long as they are easy to get. There is no need to make your customers "jump through hoops" to purchase your items.

If Mattel can make a figure like Serpentine Hiss as just an extra figure why can't they do it for other figures?

MATTEL WE HAVE MONEY. WE WANT TO SPEND IT ON YOUR PRODUCTS. WHY DON"T YOU WANT TO TAKE IT FROM US AND MAKE A PROFIT?

So far I have had little to no interest in the Chase figures they have come up with. So for me it's a NO. But I do like that they offer Chase figures, so I do think they should offer them for the fans.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I like the concept of chase figures but they turned to become business on eBay ...
    So I answer no only for that ...

I like the idea of a chase figure. Sure it's a bummer when not everyone can get one, but that's the nature of collecting things. Having something "rare" adds a bit of excitement. Also it can be fun to trade them. I say keep chase figures.

No, they have the SKU allotted anyway, just sell it either on monthly sales, every other month or in the shop, but EA should have it first time out. Something other than the way it's done now.

When you chase a figure at the stores you know when truck days are or other times when merchandise comes out so, you do have an idea of when it could be seen...here, you have to be glued to Facebook or here to know, and if not, you're lucky to catch the sale before it's over. That's not fun at all.

The SKU can exist, it exists already, there just needs to be a better way to make it available.

Anyway, whatever, I'm saying this because while I usually get one when I want one whenever I can, it should be more readily available, or the very least give a damn window of when it could show up so people can at least try to be online between those times, even if they have to keep hitting F5.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Trap Jaw
    Coming.... Classics Vultak
    Wanted.... Classics Masque & Callix?
    Considering....
    Needed....

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm fine with a few out of sub figures each year (although an option to have them shipped with the sub would be welcome), but I don't think the chase model is ideal.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Sure, in fact I think its too easy the way it is now! I think we should all have to travel in a leaky boat to a remote desert island where all the toys are keep on the other side of an active volcano opening and the only way to get them is to climb on a rope over the fire and brimstone to the other side where a helpful Matty employee will give you your figure, providing you have the cash on hand. No checks, no credit cards accepted.
    We cant make this too easy now can we?

Okay seriously no, I dont want to chase anything! Im tired enough from normal life I dont want to make my hobby more difficult! Make the extra cool figures but have enough available so we can buy em for cripes sake.

As always, the more figures the better. Whatever way they are released I will manage to get my hands on them!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I voted yes because it's an extra slot to get a figure in that we wouldn't normally have. I don't particularly enjoy it though. I have a completely complete MOTUC collection minus only Spirit of King Grayskull and Anti Eternia He-Man. While I am optimistic I will get the latter at some point this year, I am pretty miffed that I missed out on the former in 2015. Hopefully I will still nab him as well at some point!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye