Thread: Who got a Castle Grayskull as a Christmas Present?

Heroic Warrior

Who got a Castle Grayskull as a Christmas Present?

I remember the Christmas morning I got my Greyskull, my brother who is 10 years older then me was able to get his hands on one! It was so cool I loved all the weapons it came with and would give my he-man figures some variety. The box art was the best packaging art ever. I also keep my big toy packages until they got beat to **** then I would huck them, like the deathstar star wars playset box. The castle was such a cool playset for my masters to fight over, skeletor and his crew would shitkick the masters and vice versa, always over the ownership of greyskull, also often played with them as conan the barbarian and the Castle was to become my generic castle for other toys I played with as well (ad&d, sectors, m.u.s.c.l.e.s., gi-joe, star wars, you name it! Snake Mountain was another year and was still never as cool as Greyskull in my opinion! I still love the one I have but I somewhat wish I had my original! I sold my entire he-man collection at a garage sale when I was a kid (huge regret trust me) I love Christmas morning memorys.

I believe it was winter of 85' or 86'. I also remember getting all the Golden Books as well. A great X-mas.

Heroic Warrior
    i'm sure it was x mas i got mine, not sure on the year, i beleive i was in kindergarden. i got my first motu figures for easter before i started school. it's tough to remember when .

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Christmas 1983: Castle Grayskull
    Christmas 1984: Snake Mountain
    Christmas 1985: Fright Zone
    Christmas 1986: Eternia
    Christmas 2002: Castle Grayskull.
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; September 16, 2013 at 07:54pm.

Yeah i was 4 when I got it for Christmas, have a pic somewhere of me unwrapping it. I gotta find it now!

Heroic Warrior
    what is christmas ? is it someone important's birthday party or something ? if so why did you get gifts for his birthday ? i got mine for income tax return thats how us poor folk did it back in the day
    Last edited by ninjor 9; September 16, 2013 at 07:30pm.

Got mine for Christmas 83.. well, technically. My Parents wanted to get me CG but it was so hot it was sold out, so they got me some figs and whatever instead... then right after Christmas the stores restocked and I got it anyway.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I did! Christmas of 1983. I'll post some photos if I can find them.

I think I got mine on Christmas of 85 or 86. What a great Christmas morning!

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    I got mine Christmas of 1984

Me with my dad that Christmas Eve evening. If you look closely, you can see a Jitsu card-back on the floor next to us.

Here's the setup I woke up to. Now Castle Grayskull was the Christmas present. All the others were items I already owned.

And finally my reaction to Castle Grayskull that Christmas morning.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

I got mine for Christmas 1983......but I remember getting Snake Mt and my Fright Zone more vividly

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wun2 III View Post
    I got mine Christmas of 1984

Me with my dad that Christmas Eve evening. If you look closely, you can see a Jitsu card-back on the floor next to us.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psd73a4981.jpg

Here's the setup I woke up to. Now Castle Grayskull was the Christmas present. All the others were items I already owned.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psac9ac346.jpg

And finally my reaction to Castle Grayskull that Christmas morning.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psd2f05ab7.jpg
    HAHA great pics i like mekaneck wearing prince adams vest , i think my prince adam vest was gone within a week , thanks for sharing

Court Magician
    I remember not having much money as my mom was a single mother. My aunt was a 21 dealer in Las Vegas and made very, very good money. I dont remember what year it was but i remember having our normal Christmas morning Presents from Santa and from my mom. A couple of Masters of the universe guys, not much but she always did great and tried her best. This one Christmas though was special...........after all the presents were opened my mom went in her room and brought out a huge box from my aunt. I remember opening that box and out came a Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain and about 10-15 different guys and vehicles. Best Christmas of my childhood! To this day i can look at the boxes for Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain and its like im taking back to a time when there was no evil in the world other than skeletor and his goofs. God i loved that christmas