Thread: MOTUC new cardback pics for 2014?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

MOTUC new cardback pics for 2014?

I just got done drooling over the box art for Castle Grayskull when I noticed Two-Bad's cardback!!

It has all of the "also available" figures posed in the old-school style! Now they resemble the vintage cardbacks (with their weapons stuck in the ground, etc..)!

Will this be ongoing with the 2014 sub?

What brought the change?

Do you like it?

I think it is awesome!!

New MOTUC cardback...

Old MOTUC cardback...

Vintage cardback...
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I think it's brilliant. Although its brilliance is a little wasted on me since packaging gets tossed into my recycle bin almost immediately after I free the figures from their plastic and cardboard prisons.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It's neat, but I honestly really liked seeing the prototype figures on the back. Sometimes it's the only time we actually get to SEE the prototype of a figure. Also, I'm not sure how the MOC crowd will feel since it's a major change to the look of the packaging. As long as we still see prototype pics of ALL the figures online, I'm fine.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I really want a Le Monstre and Musclor figure now...
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'm loving the MYP origin for Two Bad. As a kid I always wondered about his origin story and MYP delivered.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

They are still incorrectly using blue for the villains and red for the heroes though.... see?

Last edited by oICEMANo; September 16, 2013 at 05:12am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes I noticed that as they're posed this way on the Castle Graykull box. I like it, but they're using the wrong Skeletor - he has the full purple boots!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

After how many years now? Oh wait....it's the "All-Star" years now....not the 30th anniversary or something when they should have started it....or I don't know....2008.

That said, yeah, now there's a bit more nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Yes I noticed that as they're posed this way on the Castle Graykull box. I like it, but they're using the wrong Skeletor - he has the full purple boots!
    So they use a wrong Skeletor mix and matched, when the original Skeletor was dead on to the cross sell....nice.

Notice how the original art depicts the Classics figures?

It seems like the original artists knew Classics was coming in 30 years.... I mean they even got Mer-Man right!
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

LOL! Good grief. Try as they might...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's neat, but I honestly really liked seeing the prototype figures on the back. Sometimes it's the only time we actually get to SEE the prototype of a figure. Also, I'm not sure how the MOC crowd will feel since it's a major change to the look of the packaging. As long as we still see prototype pics of ALL the figures online, I'm fine.
    I don't see how it is a major change to the look of the packaging. They are just using different images for some of the figures when they appear on the cross sell art. The basic layout of the cross-sell area as well as the front and back of the card as a whole is still the same. And the cross sell art always varies anyway since different characters are featured on the back of each card. The 30th Anniversary MOTUC logo appearing on the top of the back of the cards of all 2012 figures was a much bigger difference than this.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It's on the back, it's still an official package, and it still looks the same on the card front....so to me, as a MOSC collector (however to a lesser extent nowadays) it doesn't bother me, I kind of like it, and think it should have been this way the whole time. Maybe if it was fewer people would have focused on the Green bricks over it being Red and exploding....I don't know....probably not.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Speaking as a fan that likes the idea and could care less if it's in continuity with what came before, I applaud the new look.

EDIT:
    Speaking of Two-Bad. In Roger Sweet's "Mastering the Universe" he states that his original idea for Two Bad was an Angel/Devil approach. Where one half was essentially a good guy and the other an over the top looking bad guy. Then Marketing/Design became involved and decided to do away with the good guy and instead make him two bad guys. Personally I prefer the two bad guys fused into one as the easier concept for a child to swallow. A character essentially at war with his morals would find it difficult to live in a universe predicated on such a system of black/white values, but it might have made for some interesting 'switcheroo' double-agent plots in the cartoon. Or at the very least perhaps he would have remained a free agent, aligning with whoever he fancied that day.
    Last edited by Stygian360; September 16, 2013 at 12:52pm.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

That is awesome!!
    I totally overlooked it!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    Awesome! Classic!
    Mike Scabs

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    They are still incorrectly using blue for the villains and red for the heroes though.... see?

http://img1.iwascoding.com/4/2013/08...1BF770E8A7.jpg
    Good catch both of you!

Using the wrong color for the print I can kind of see happening, but how can they put a Skeletor figure in there with purple feet??? (Even the original vintage artwork had him with blue feet...)

Still, I really love this idea, and the Castle Grayskull packaging too!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

That is actually really nifty!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!