Scorpia and Blade look GREAT!!!
Power Con was a blast! This was my first time going and I will be back every year from now on. I only live an hour and a half from the Con, so that helped. Next year I will be staying for the after party though! I met a bunch a cool fans and saw some great costumes.
I took a BUNCH of pics, but I turned off my flash so I wasn't blinding people during the people's videos and walk throughs, and as a result, the pics came out a bit grainy and blurry. I had to trash a few because they were just too bad.
You can see all my pics Here
Here are some of the more clear pics I got though.
Scorpia and Blade look GREAT!!!
MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!
Hey I don't know if you guys are aware, but there is a thread already of post power con photo's and loot that everyone posts in that is already 6 pages deep from previous years.
Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
Thought the other thread was for 2012? Mods feel free to merge...
Power-Con 2013 was a lot of fun. Tons of stuff to see & do (and buy) without feeling overwhelmed. Met some really cool ppl who were attending their first Power-Con, which was as I attended this year alone, but sadly didn't meet any Orgers. Maybe I should make the Org meetup next year? Thanks again to the entire Power-Con team for making this year so much fun and another success! And now some pics...
How I knew I was in the right place.
This year's program, cover by Matt Tyree & Tony Washington.
Tyree & Washington had a set of 4 prints available at their table, combined they formed one huge mural!
Some creep playing with Castle Grayskull.
She CAN sit...sort of!
Much nicer in person than DC Comics would have you believe.
these pictures are wonderful, I'm so jealous *cries* stupid being English
Cam Clarke & Townsend Coleman made my Turtles 20% cooler.
As did Larry Kenney & Lynne Lipton, but with my Cats. Where my Tygra at, Mezco?!?
Dave Wilkins' Lion-O.
Can't get over the awesome.
Speaking of - Thanks so much, Nate! You are crazy talented!!
The baddest Shokoti is a Baertsch Shokoti.
Now try the 'Mekaneck is lame' argument YOU CANT.
Cocktails all day long.
- - - Updated - - -
So great meeting Clarke and Dobson, two of the friendliest most down to earth guys, had great convos with both.
She-Ra crew in da house!
Tiny battle shell Turtles WHAT
My absolute fave artist right now and all around badass ninja DAVE WILKINS not only did the spectacular He-Man prints for preorders, he also had a matching She-Ra print at his table. When side-by-side, He-Man & She-Ra, battle at the Fright Zone!
Wilkins was also cool enough to sign some of my MOTU comics.
And the greatest most amazing thing that is just sex to my eyeballs, Wilkins' giant CLASSIC MOTU collage poster - can't wait to frame this baby, and again I love that he brought the CLASSIC version of this print to Power-Con (if you've seen the other version of the wraparound to #6, you know it's all modern DC Comics outfits for everybody and Fangman & Stratos instead of Faker & Man-E-Faces).
Hey, who's the handsome devil in the Mekaneck get up?
This is a pic from the MotUC Grayskull box. Very funny
My daughter loved Power-con, especially the cosplayers.
Me and Pixel Dan. (He's smiling because I'm touching his Butt)
Johnny Bilson as Tri-Klops. Rainbow Brite in the background.
Batros on Battle-Derpy.
I didn't see the heads of the TMNT movie turtles or the He-Man cosplayer!
Who created He-Ro's tombstone? Very nice.
My first time attending Power-Con. It was the best weekend ever! So many great memories....
* Sharing a shuttle with Rainbowbrite and having a great discussion with her on the way to Torrance, not realizing who she was until I saw her sitting as a panel member during the late night Gooble Roasted Masters event!
* Being there to witness Val (JVS3) propose to Rachel! So funny when they realized the cake that was served in celebrated had He-Man and She-Ra illustrated on top. They're brother and sister!
* Running into Hunter of Hunter (Hunter Knight Customs) at the Matty booth and checking out all of the new toys together! Helped him film a short review video of the awesome Horde Troopers!
* Sneaking a custom figure into the case next to the mystery cloth concealing the Unnamed One for giggles. The person manning the booth said it was a Molar figure under the cloth.
* Getting my MOC He-Man figure signed by the Four Horsemen, and my MOC Spector figure signed by Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich!
* Meeting a bunch of great animators and writers from the vintage Masters of the Universe cartoon series!
* Watching Pixel Dan shoot his annual Matty booth tour with Toyguru!
* Bringing out some custom figures while waiting in line for the show to start, and watching a bunch of attendees take photos of them!
* Finding out Alan Oppenheimer was the voice of both Skeletor AND Cringer! He gave me a little Cringer voice acting action to prove it!
* Meeting Jack and Leslie Wadsworth, the actors who played He-Man and She-Ra on stage during the 1980's Power Tour! Turns out they were living right by me for years!
* Scoring front row seats for Sunday's Mattel Panel and talking shop with the guys who are making our favorite toys!
* Grabbing dinner with my friends from Spymonkey Creations Inc. and Alvis Underground! Discovered the greatest drink ever - birthday cake milkshake with sprinkles, whip cream, and rum at The Counter restaurant!
* Meeting amazing customizers like He-Mike and the guys behind Defenders of Eden and Bognar!
I had such a great time again this year. To be honest, as time goes on I find the highlight of the show just hanging out with the friends I've met over the years, and making new friends. Getting to meet the talent is great, though, too. And the panels I went to were a blast. I missed the 4H panel. I had heard they were going to go through the slide show again, which I didn't think I could sit through again for a third year. Then I heard it was all Q&A, and I was sad I'd missed it! That's what I have been hoping for.
A few things to share:
Getting my picture taken with He-man and She-Ra. The Power Tour panel last year was one of my favorites. As someone who didn't get to ever see it, it was great to hear about it. Jack and Leslie seem like two really amazing people. They both were so nice and gracious. Two real class acts.
I also got my picture taken with Cam Clarke. Such a talented and funny man. I did get to talk to Stuart Townsend, too, but didn't get my picture taken with him.
Me and an amazing assemblage of people who I'm lucky enough to call friends.
My overall haul for the show. Interestingly enough, I realized only one of these toys was from a major toy company, and he was made back in 87! Can you spot him?
A close-up of some of the awesome toys I got. Technically War Duke I already had, but I got my Prince of Crystal delivered to me at the Con and was ecstatic! The amazing Skeleton Warrior was made by He-Mike.
I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures, but there were tons of other memories of well. Pixel Dan almost throwing the Spirit of Hordak out the window (which I wanted to win so bad!,) cracking up during the TMNT voice panel, Alan Oppenheimer almost making me cry, getting to be there for Val proposing to Rachel, getting to play with some other big kids with Castle Grayskull, hanging out by the fire pit, seeing the beautiful Icon Heroes Snake Mountain, seeing the Power Lords 2-ups, chatting briefly with Cornboy and Eric.... and so much more!
Great stuff JonWes! How does the Prince of Crystal look next to He-Man?
I feel like I was so blown away with all the 2-D art I neglected the 3-D art!
Take it easy,
Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.
Here is a picture of some of the very cool things I got at the Con. Missing are a few comics, the Warduke head, sword and shield Alvis Underground was cool enough to sell me for a custom Warduke, and the He-Man DVD set from Mill Creek, which was quite the deal at $50!!!
I really like the Glimmer animation cel I got from the charity auction! Too cool! I feel bad because I know Val REALLY wanted, because we all know how much he loves Glimmer. At least he has that engagement to fall back on (and may I say it was a very cool moment to witness ).
VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.
Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en
The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore
Power Con was a lot of fun, it was great getting to spend time with my fellow collectors and friends.
Cookies I made for Val and the rest of the staff, to thank them for all their hard work.
Enjoying an "Evil-Lyn" Friday night in the lobby bar
Dinner Saturday night
The stars of RGD and Masters Cast
Cosmic Warrior dance party!
So much fun playing with Castle Grayskull
"Pixel After Dark"
Post con party in Val's suite
My Power Con haul (LEGO set was bought at Target just before arriving at the Marriott)
"Don't crowd me boys!"
I missed the Cosmic Warrior Dance Party too?!?
Power-Con was so much fun. Here is a link to my Power-Con 2013 album.
Last edited by MannyB175; September 23, 2013 at 02:48pm.
Hey gang!! Here is a link to my photo album from Power Con
- - - Updated - - -
There were too many highlights to mention from the AMAZING time that Power Con 2013 was, but here is a handful:
- Dinner with Skeletor times 2!!!!!!!! I sat between Brian Dobson (MYP Skeletor) and Alan Oppenheimer (Filmation Skeletor) at the Roast Gooble Dinner Dinner!!! Both of these talents were incredibly nice and wonderful to spend time with! They were very engaging and I could tell they really wanted to be there and spend time with some of their fans It was almost eerie how similar they were but also very cool as well! This was an experience I will NEVER forget
- Having my baby girl (Penelope) participate in the Cosplay contest!! My wife and I made her Dree-elle costume and she got a really nice reception from the attendees of the contest!! I've never heard so many "ah's" in my life when I carried her into the room for her time to shine I was SO proud of her for not having a meltdown and for keeping the hat/mask portion of costume on during the contest!!! I thought she might rip it off immediately after I put it on her She was second to go in the contest. Check out her cuteness and the other awesome and cute costumes at this link!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliGSHRWe3w
- Hanging with and meeting MANY fellow orgers!!! You will NEVER meet so many awesome people in your life in one place like you will at Power Con!!! Putting a face to the folks you chat with everyday here is so cool! For instance, my family ran into Kevin at the mall on Friday evening and we ended up having a great meal and conversation with him at the Buffalo Wild Wings. I also had the pleasure of hanging out with several other org members and meeting several others for the first time (in person) at the Con. Here are a few: Northcoast, Scotward, Jonwes, Galaxy Surfer, Pixel Dan, Spyder121, Mosquitor, MannyB175, Paul Justice, Penny Dreadful, Bustatoons, AdoraNJ, Bcrduke, Mr. Roboto, JVS3, Markisu, Baena, Captain Atkin, Oulala, Adult Collector, The Shadow, Arvulus, and MANY MANY more!!!
- Spending time with Robert Lamb in the computer lab on Friday evening!!! I sat down to check the org and Robert happened to be at the other computer station. He turned to greet me and I instantly recognized him from his work on Cereal Geek magazine. We had a long chat about his time working on He-Man and She-Ra for Filmation!! He told me of how "sword to blanket" came to be. It was originally going to be a net but was made into a blanket as a cost saving measure by his bosses I picked up a handful of his storyboards and scripts at the convention at his table and he personalized the POP script to my daughter saying: "remember Sword to Blanket"!! Such a nice and talented fellow!!
-Hanging with the Four Horsemen!!!!! Words cannot describe how awesome these folks are!!!! I had the pleasure of sitting with Eric at the 1st Power Con Gooble Dinner. It was great to see him and the other Horsemen again this year!! I had a great conversation with Jim and Eric after the Roasted Masters down at the hotel bar The wonderful Sherry entertained my baby girl during the charity auction as we were lucky enough to sit across the isle from her. Penelope loved her!!!
- The Charity Auction! I had the pleasure of donating some items this year and winning some unbelievably cool items as well My wife is VERY competitive so when we have our sites on an item, she will make sure we come out with some winnings We snagged the awesome Filmation Sorceress animation cell, the MYP Skeletor framed print signed by the staff of the show, the Hunter Knight Customs MYP He-Man custom Classics figure (signed by Cam Clark!), and last but not least; the prototype NECA Castle Grayskull Door that the 4H donated!!!!! I had them sign it immediately after the auction!!! It is probably my most prized MOTU item of all time!!!! It will be HARD to beat for sure!! (see pics in my photo album)
- Meeting He-Man/Leonardo - Cam Clarke!!! He is so nice and so funny in person!!! He voiced "by the power of grayskull, I HAVE THE POWER!!" at his table for me and several other fans without us asking and it gave me goose bumps!!!!
- The REVEALS!!! Getting to see the reveals at the Matty Panel and booth in person is incredibly cool and exciting!!! I was blown away by how well Blade, Scorpia, and Battle Lion turned out!! Blade especially!!! Unbelievable detail in his sculpting!!!! Also, I had a cool moment with Scot Neitlich (Toyguru) on Sunday at the booth! When he found out that I was Yodafreakmaster (the sub buying nutcase), he said some really nice things and showed his appreciation. I could tell he was very genuine and his words meant a lot to me and my wife!!!
- The ART!!!! I was fortunate enough to meet and get MOTU art prints from some incredibly talented artists!!!! RUDY OBRERO!!!!! Dave Wilkins!!!!! Nathan Baertsh (Baena)!!!!!Matt Tyree!!!! and several more Let's just say that I have a lot of framing to do!!!! So much amazing art and so little wall space left in the house to display it all!!!!!!! This is a running theme, but each and every one of these talents were incredibly nice, humble, and happy to have MOTU related conversations.
The Panels!! My only complaint is that Power Con is so stacked with things to do that it is hard to get everything you want to do during the time frame!! You are forced to make some very hard decisions on what panels to go to and whether or not you can hold off from eating lunch. The MYP panel was cool and hilarious as Pixel Dan was moderating a TMNT panel at the same time in another room and his comments were occasionally coming through the front speaker of the MYP panel Dean and the other panelists really rolled with it well and at times improvised what they were saying to jokingly tie in with what Dan was saying. My favorite panel had to be the one with the voice and actors of MOTU. It was funny and moving as well!!!!!
The TOYS!!! I snagged a few cool items on the convention floor! I got a complete Bionotops, incomplete Tyrantisaurus Rex, Rotar with his cardback. I also picked up some cool Filmation animation cells including one of Dree-elle for Penelope.
I've said it before and I'll say it again; POWER CON IS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!!!!! As a MOTU/POP fan, it will be an experience you will never forget!!!!!!! I cannot thank Val Staples and the other hard working staff enough for putting this AMAZING convention on!!!!! I'm already looking forward to next year!!!!!!!
The pic's below are: #1: me with Eric Treadaway and Jim Preziosi of the 4 Horsemen, #2: me with both Skeletor's at the Gooble Dinner!!, #3: Cam Clark/MYP He-Man, #4 and 5: my daughter Penelope getting ready for her appearance in the Cosplay Contest SO CUTE!!!!
Last edited by yodafreakmaster; September 29, 2013 at 02:05am.
It was awesome to see you, man! I think we might have met in year one, but I hadn't connected you to your screenname. LOL
Some more of my favorite pic's from an awesome weekend at Power Con!
#1, The tired out family grabbing breakfast at LAX before heading home to Iowa, #2: the Four Horsemen Grayskull Door Prototype for the charity auction!, #3: Val Staples/JVS3/Power Con Head Honcho laying a big one on Brian Dobson at the Gooble Dinner, #4: Jack and Leslie Wadsworth (Power Tour He-Man/She-Ra) after the Cosplay! They are SO NICE!!! #5: Little Dree-elle meeting Orko for the first time!!! She was mesmerized
Last edited by yodafreakmaster; September 29, 2013 at 02:09am.
Another AWESOME time at Power-Con!
Hadn't seen RainbowBrite is so long!
RainbowBrite with our Banner
Working the registration
With Alan Oppenheimer and Brian Dobson