View Poll Results: Would you buy an "Unleashed" Beast-Man 2.0?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would buy more than one in whatever form Matty chose to sell him.

13 11.50%
  • I would buy one in whatever form Matty chose to sell him.

40 35.40%
  • I would buy only if forced to by his inclusion in a sub, but would still subscribe.

42 37.17%
  • I would not subscribe if he were included in the sub.

18 15.93%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy an "Unleashed" Beast-Man 2.0?

Would you buy an "Unleashed" Beast-Man 2.0?

If Matty made a Beast-Man 2.0, and they made this figure as large as Ram-Man, would you buy it? I'm not talking about a simple re-release. I'm imagining an improved and over-sized Beast Man, perhaps with some 200X elements either incorporated or included.

In my opinion this would:

A. Be great for people who, for whatever reason, do not yet own a Beast-Man (He currently regularly sells for over $100.)
    B. Give the 4H the challenge of going back to one of the earliest figure of the line, one of the most popular and important characters of the whole MOTU Universe, and trying to top themselves.
    C. Still allow the original MOTUC Beast-Man to be a unique figure in its own right.

I'm not asking if you would prefer a different character be made in his place, just what you would do if the figure were announced.

1. I would buy more than one in whatever form Matty chose to sell him.
    2. I would buy one in whatever form Matty chose to sell him.
    3. I would buy only if forced to by his inclusion in a sub, but I would still subscribe.
    4. I would not subscribe if he were included in the sub.
    Last edited by No-Ah; August 27, 2013 at 11:24pm.

Movie mayhem!
    1. I have wantes this for a long time. Id take 2

Id love other delux versions too like battle damaged leo faker and big clawful.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I do not like it Sam I am and I would trade it if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I do not like it Sam I am and I would trade it if I can.
    Ah, but that's not the question, is it Sammy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    1. I have wantes this for a long time. Id take 2

Id love other delux versions too like battle damaged leo faker and big clawful.
    Looks like you forgot to vote? Great ideas about Faker and Clawful. Those would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Ah, but that's not the question, is it Sammy?
    Lol..I chose number three..just for thee

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    DO WANT.

They could make him a "Battleground" Beast-Man or something, give him removable shin armour, longer loin cloth, 200X colours and BAM, they'd have my money. At least enough for one figure.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Lol..I chose number three..just for thee
    I thank you very much, my figures I will clutch....

For me it depends on the sculpt. If it appeals to me and comes as part of the 2014 sub, I might keep it and sell my other Beastman. If i don't like it, and it comes as part of the Sub, it goes up for trade or to Hebay. If it is a DOS fig, same rule applies. I like it, I get it. If not, i won't.

Heroic Warrior
    I would definitely buy him.

A 200X Beast Man would be awesome. His very larger stature in the reincarnation seemed so very natural. Like that's how he should've always looked.

It would depend on what he looked like. I don't have the regular version, and that would be my preferance, but yes, I'd probably grab a 2.0 beastman if it came available.
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

What about the option I would buy it if I like it? The only reason I would want a 200X Beast man would be if it comes with interchangeable parts to make Red Beast. I think this could be possible and they would be releasing a new figure for those who have Beast man an a new Beast man for those who can't afford regular one.

My vote is "I would buy it if I like it"

Option number 3 is supposing that that kind of character would be included in a subscription. May be in a 200X sub? because I don't think that kind of character would be in the 2014 main sub not even in the 2015.

Visually, I love the classics Beast Man. In my opinion he looks just like Beast Man should look. I'll all for 2.0 versions of the main characters but I'm not wanting a 200X Beast Man. I would like to see 2.0 versions produced with extra heads and multiple sets of swappable hands like Japanese figures.

I'm not interested in a larger Beast Man, but it wouldn't stop me from subbing.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hmm, hypothetically speaking, what would that mean for Gygor? I envision Gygor to be massive, moreso than Beast-Man. After all, isn't Gygor the Lord of the Vine Jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Hmm, hypothetically speaking, what would that mean for Gygor? I envision Gygor to be massive, moreso than Beast-Man. After all, isn't Gygor the Lord of the Vine Jungle?
    Well, hypothetically, Gygor is significantly larger than Ram-Man, isn't he? I suggested a Beast-Man who was Ram-Man sized.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would not buy him.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I would not buy him.
    That wasn't one of the options, was it?

Well, hypothetically, Gygor is significantly larger than Ram-Man, isn't he? I suggested a Beast-Man who was Ram-Man sized.
    I know that, I was just speaking in general terms. If Beast-Man were to be revisited in such a manner, then there would probably be those clamoring for Whiplash and others (such as Gygor for example) to be released in a similar fashion. Just giving my thoughts, nothing more .

Regards,
    Victor P.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    That wasn't one of the options, was it?
    I've always been a rebel.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I have a Beast Man 1.0, and he is one of my favorites in the line (also, I picked him up for $55 recently on the forums, the deals are out there, and he only goes for around $80 on eBay). I would consider buying a 2.0 version, but I'm not in any rush. It definitely wouldn't stop me from buying a sub. So, your poll is flawed, because it has no option for me .
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I have a Beast Man 1.0, and he is one of my favorites in the line (also, I picked him up for $55 recently on the forums, the deals are out there, and he only goes for around $80 on eBay). I would consider buying a 2.0 version, but I'm not in any rush. It definitely wouldn't stop me from buying a sub. So, your poll is flawed, because it has no option for me .
    Sure it does. It just doesn't include your life story. If Matty offered him, would you buy him? Under what circumstances, and so you pick an option....
    It sounds like option 2 would suit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm not interested in a larger Beast Man, but it wouldn't stop me from subbing.
    This.... And I would sell it off after getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I would not buy him.
    This would be my option if he was non sub. I don't want any 200X based oversized figures.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Absolutely not.

I voted "yes if in sub" because I sub. If he were a new character, or the bio made his transition seem relevant or interesting (or at least a story point of some kind) I may even not hate it.

But though I love 200x for what it was, and love elements (secondary minor elements) from it in MOTUC, it's not the same line, and I still am exasperated by the constant need to try to shoehorn those designs into this line. Thankefully Mattel agrees with my direction. heheh.

At any rate, yeah, I'd have one, I'd put him on the griffin, and be done with a waste of figure. What I really hope is that down the line maybe the 4H will be allowed to do a collectors line of the characters in 200x they never got to make into toys as toys. This counts statues, cause who wouldnt rather have toy versions rather than mini statues? That'd be great.

But 200x is not this line. I'll be in line to buy a new "finish 200x toyline" toyline for collectors if they do it. I already have a 200x beastman, why would I need another? I already have a MOTUC beastman, why would I have another? It's not even that different, but then I always understood about the style changes.

Heck, make him a different character (and all red, so he's the cardback beastman?) and you may have my attention.

As one of those unlucky few to not have the Beastman figure, i'd be down for this. I'll still get the other one as well, money and patience permitting Would this sculpt make way for a revisioned Moss Man as well? just a thought. I'd go for that as well...
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Absolutely not.

I voted "yes if in sub" because I sub. If he were a new character, or the bio made his transition seem relevant or interesting (or at least a story point of some kind) I may even not hate it.

But though I love 200x for what it was, and love elements (secondary minor elements) from it in MOTUC, it's not the same line, and I still am exasperated by the constant need to try to shoehorn those designs into this line. Thankefully Mattel agrees with my direction. heheh.

At any rate, yeah, I'd have one, I'd put him on the griffin, and be done with a waste of figure. What I really hope is that down the line maybe the 4H will be allowed to do a collectors line of the characters in 200x they never got to make into toys as toys. This counts statues, cause who wouldnt rather have toy versions rather than mini statues? That'd be great.

But 200x is not this line. I'll be in line to buy a new "finish 200x toyline" toyline for collectors if they do it. I already have a 200x beastman, why would I need another? I already have a MOTUC beastman, why would I have another? It's not even that different, but then I always understood about the style changes.

Heck, make him a different character (and all red, so he's the cardback beastman?) and you may have my attention.
    I think it's more, people trying to rationalize and justify 2.0's for newcomers than it is actually wanted figures and wasting slots for them. In which case, If Mattel was interested in bringing new blood, they would have done more leg work to promote this line, but that is left to comic cons and us the fans to do. The only 2.0 I could see as justified and legit at the moment since we have King He-Man is Sorceress / Queen Teela. But she'd be more like BP She-Ra in that she would be a variant hiding a retooled Classics Teela body and outfit under a new set of garbs. Not a totally new 100% tooled figure many would cry to the heavens about when we still need Vintage figures that need 100% new tooling. And I'd be much inclined to agree with them.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!