Thread: Pre-Filmation head pack

Pre-Filmation head pack

Now that a 200X head pack is in the works and Filmation-fans are clamoring to get their own as well, I feel the Pre-Filmation fandom should not fall behind. We Mineternians demand heads that reflect the spirit of the real Eternia: a savage, wartorn realm of forgotten lore and wonder, riddled with fire belching volcanoes and boiling geisers, where barbarian warriors battle ancient demons for honour and glory. Nay to cartoony camp, I say.

I'd prefer these variants to be full figures, but since that won't happen any time soon, I propose the following heads and eagerly await your suggestions:

- a long-haired Alcala He-Man head
    - a vintage toy He-Man head
    - a blonde Alcala Teela head (since BG Teela's face is way to sharp and angular, it needs to be more rounded and feminine)
    - a long-haired Alcala Fisto head
    - an old king Randor head, with a long, white beard
    - a repainted Alcala Skeletor head (yellow with white warpaint)

No heads, yet greatly desired and worthy of plugging:

- a diorama pack of lurking lizards, moat monsters, tentacled critters and maybe some gnarly tree stumps, for that vintage boxart feeling
    - the dungeon grate
    - Skeletor feet with 5 toes instead of 3
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    How could I not agree with these suggestions? I fully support this demand - I'm with you all the way, Crusader!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    How could I not agree with these suggestions? I fully support this demand - I'm with you all the way, Crusader!
    Excellent, we shall not be denied !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I don't really think we need a Pre-Filmation head pak.

An Alcala He-Man head can come with Oo-Larr. He would have a spear as an accessory, but he should also come with a
    Alcala Teela head -- blonde with really big ponytail.

What we really need are Pre-Filmation variants!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Sorceress merged with Teela head (Snakearmor + Long hair)
    Texeira He-Man Head (He-Man meets Ram Man)
    Alcala Teela head
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I could dig this-certainly more than a Filmation head pack!

I'd love these:
    -blonde Teela (up-do)
    -Old Randor
    -Old Marlena

The lizards and goodies pack would rock too!

Of course, the Miniternia characters NEED full figures:
    -Oo-Lar
    -red Beast Man
    -"Caucasian" Stratos
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I love the idea of vintage toy He-Man head, and I love Kevin Kosse's version. He made a pretty tops Toy Jitsu head too, but it's just about too literal. But it's great.

But mostly? Mehneh. Not really.

Well, I just typed down my 200X head pack preferences in the appropriate thread. Eventhough I support Crusader's call for a Pre-Filmation head pack (as written earlier - and indeed, we shall not be denied!) I simply forgot to mention my own Mineternian preferences. How st00pid!

As Crusader and Uki write: the possibility of seeing full blown figures that rule the Mineternia universe is minor, very minor. I would like to them appear in the line as much you both, but let's not get our hopes up. For example, ToyGuru mentioned that the Masks Of Power-demons were part of the original road map but, taking into account the declining numbers of subscribers, the future price increase etc., they are (for the moment) of the map. This makes it somewhat easier for me to settle for a head pack 'only' yet on the other hand, I would like to support this demand as hard as I can.

I would like to see:
    - long-haired Alcala He-Man head,
    - long haired Alcala Fisto head,
    - old King Randor,
    - a more accurate Blonde Teela head.

Furthermore, I fully agree with Crusader's view on diorama's. I would like to mention (yet again) that a 'Spirit of the Castle' dio would rock as hell! Perhaps this could be a cardboard piece, glow in the dark, and compatible with Castle Grayskull? Or even a plastic piece, glow in the dark, partially translucent...? I hereby officially confirm that, if this piece would ever turn up, I will post of video of myself going completely berserk!

C'mon fans, gives us more input, ideas and support here!

the possibility of seeing full blown figures that rule the Mineternia universe is minor, very minor. I would like to them appear in the line as much you both, but let's not get our hopes up. For example, ToyGuru mentioned that the Masks Of Power-demons were part of the original road map but, taking into account the declining numbers of subscribers, the future price increase etc., they are (for the moment) of the map.
    Yeah, it's awesome that they were included in the roadmap, but quite disheartening to hear that they are now off the table until 2016.

Furthermore, I fully agree with Crusader's view on diorama's. I would like to mention (yet again) that a 'Spirit of the Castle' dio would rock as hell! Perhaps this could be a cardboard piece, glow in the dark, and compatible with Castle Grayskull? Or even a plastic piece, glow in the dark, partially translucent...? I hereby officially confirm that, if this piece would ever turn up, I will post of video of myself going completely berserk!
    Aye, a thousand fold !!! How could I forget the Spirit of the Castle.

On a side note, might I suggest the following song to bolster your video

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What we really need are Pre-Filmation variants!
    I totally agree that would be the ideal scenario, but since those are probably not in the cards until 2016, I'll settle for the heads of the characters that can be used with the current figures (much like the Alcala Skeletor head).

I have been clamoring for a Alcala Blonde Teela head for several years now! I want this sort of head pack moreso than any other era of MOTU. Look how awesome the Skeletor head packed in with Demo-Man came out! We could use He-Man, Teela and some of the others in the same style!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I have been clamoring for a Alcala Blonde Teela head for several years now!
    And rightly so !!! As much as I love BG Teela, her head did not turn out all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ-H_lPRrIo
    If you want real pirate metal, I recommend Alestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yeah, it's awesome that they were included in the roadmap, but quite disheartening to hear that they are now off the table until 2016.

Aye, a thousand fold !!! How could I forget the Spirit of the Castle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ-H_lPRrIo

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree that would be the ideal scenario, but since those are probably not in the cards until 2016, I'll settle for the heads of the characters that can be used with the current figures (much like the Alcala Skeletor head).
    Ooooh yes: I'll take Thyrfing to support my going mad and berserk. I completely agree with MGM's comment, but like you mention, Crusader: I'll settle for the heads without the shadow of a doubt... Something is needed, I need that fix

I am desperate to get a vintage He-Man head.

Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    I am desperate to get a vintage He-Man head.
    Rejoice, good sir, we have been heard !!!

Heck, they're all coming! Toy head, Minicomic head, and a 200X head with the Snake Armor one.

I'm gona be SO TORN on where to put these new heads! I hope some people wana get rid of one or the other...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I honestly never thought Mattel would ever give us an actual vintage He-Man head (that, moreover, seems to look good, unlike that abomination on Giant He-Man), especially after having just denied us the endlessly-demanded Filmation Hordak head (which was like 90% of the point of making a Filmation Hordak in the first place).

Too bad it comes with the sub exclusive Oo-Larr figure, so I'll be limited to only ever own a couple of them, rather than being able to put one on every He-Man I have (because the vintage head is the one I really wanted for the He-Man character). Well, at least now Prince Adam and my main He-Man figure will sport distinct faces.

Plus we're also getting an Alcalá He-Man head, and a 200X head. Whoa! So what about Matty finally giving us the Filmation Hordak head, now that their argument about each character supposedly only being allowed one face to keep "consistency" has been shattered into a trillion tiny pieces?
    Last edited by uaxuctum; July 26, 2014 at 03:26pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Just want to chime in and remind everyone to keep talking about how awesome the new He-man heads are and how much we desire even more heads. I'm not giving up on 200X Teela head and multi-leafed belt (like Jitsu's that is coming with Ninjor) or Alcala styled Teela head until ALL the 2015 figures are revealed. You never know what can be budgeted in to a figure that's not finalized until the last second!!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here