Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC Vote: Choose an NA character (Darius VS Mara VS Tuskador)

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    Don't want to start an argument here but if this vote is for a 2014/15 figure then Darius really shouldn't be in it as he is a prototype figure/character that got scrapped and there aren't supposed to be any prototypes in these years. So if its a choice between Mara and Tuskador I'd take Tuskador as he's a much more interesting looking figure. Just to reiterate I have no problem with Darius being made at a later date I just don't think he should take the place of an NA character who had a vintage figure in the 14/15 lines.
    Well on that point is Eldor supposed to be in the line according to you?
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Torn. I'd love Sebrian and a few others, but the Galactic Protectors were actually a team (in letter if not always represented in spirit). For me, the Protectors are He-Man, Darius, Hydron, Flipshot, Sagitar, Spinwit, Artilla, Tuskador, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna and Bimo. Yeah, I'd actually want Bimo in there.

But I'd have to go with Tuskador. He's just to crazy wonderful.

Why is the vote all for heroes? We need space mutants. Tuskador is just a Ram Man redux and hes gold and blue just like GP He-Man so he's out. Darius has two strokes against him since he's a prototype and he's a male character versus a female character in a poll. Darius deserves it, Tuskador is the tomato can, Mara will win.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Out of those two, it has GOT to be Mara. She was far too integral to the NA cartoon to be skipped over. But watch the third slot be someone just as important, like Master Sebrian.

Obviously the villian character(s) have already been chosen. My guess is Flogg and Crita.

I too do not know a lot about NA so the choice is not a big issue for me. I'm sure whatever comes out I will like. And lets not forget, 2015 may not be the end of the line. If people are still willing to buy they will keep making 'em.

What I do have the problem with is that it is an attendee only vote. Not right. Toyguru said it was to reward people who go to the conventions, but I thought that was what convention exclusive figures were for... **cough** Strobo **cough**

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Well on that point is Eldor supposed to be in the line according to you?
    I personally don't care if either get made in 14/15 as im happy to get everything motu but we were told there would no prototypes in these years, I just don't want to see the inevitable anger and accusations of Scott/Mattel lying to us if Darius wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I personally don't care if either get made in 14/15 as im happy to get everything motu but we were told there would no prototypes in these years, I just don't want to see the inevitable anger and accusations of Scott/Mattel lying to us if Darius wins.
    Not true.

We were told there will be no more concept characters. The prototypes were specifically excluded and are something else:

The difference between a concept and a prototype is the concept didnīt even make it to figure form.

The prototypes like the Star Sisters, Eldor, Mara or Darius were planned to be released but in the end didnīt get made concept characters like Vikor, Demo-Man, the Horde Mummy or the broomed witch were only sketches or ideas for figures on paper.

The prototype characters already had been green lighted but for what ever reason we didnīt get them.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Should the thread title be changed? I don't know who Marius is...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Should the thread title be changed? I don't know who Marius is...
    He's from Les Miserables

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Not true.

We were told there will be no more concept characters. The prototypes were specifically excluded and are something else:

The difference between a concept and a prototype is the concept didnīt even make it to figure form.

The prototypes like the Star Sisters, Eldor, Mara or Darius were planned to be released but in the end didnīt get made concept characters like Vikor, Demo-Man, the Horde Mummy or the broomed witch were only sketches or ideas for figures on paper.

The prototype characters already had been green lighted but for what ever reason we didnīt get them.
    Fair point, I stand corrected.

This is so unfair. Both Mara and Darius really need to finally get figures of them made. I hate votes like this, and along with the last frustrating (and polarizing) vote, Lord Masque vs Huntara, it's just more evidence that we desperately need some extra mini-subs to get all these guys into our hands.

Would have to choose Mara over the rest. As much as I really want Tuskador in classics, he already has a figure. Mara doesn't and is very much needed.

I vote for that one mutant guy....Butthole or something like that.
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

Between Mara and Darius, Mara had my vote. But since Tuskador has been announced as the third choice, it has to go to him. Hopefully we'll get all three sometime.

Visually I would go for either Darius or Tuskador. Compared to their cool sci fi armor Mara's clothes look a little bit plain to me. Though with the mace in her hair she has a nice Street Fighter vibe to it so I would not be too disapointed if she would win.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Heroic Warrior
    Out of the three I think Tuskador is the best pick, I hope he comes on the Ram Man buck

Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    I vote for that one mutant guy....Butthole or something like that.
    This had me cracking up! I would take a butthole figure for the name alone!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I would vote for Tuskador.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    a guy spends an hour off the org and there's all this talk about Mara, Darius now Tuskador? What the hell !?

If these are the options Tuskador has to win, i mean, no more obscure\prototype\concept characters before 2016 right ?

Mara is my pick. Darius is kind of a poor man's Randor. Besides, we need a female warrior in the Galactic Guardians.

Wish i could be there, would vote for Tuskador.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Tuskador if he is the third choice.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by megagearmax View Post
    bummer...no sagitar....

I'll bet crita might be the third vote! That'll be like picking children....
    e-x-a-c-t-l-y!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This is so unfair. Both Mara and Darius really need to finally get figures of them made. I hate votes like this, and along with the last frustrating (and polarizing) vote, Lord Masque vs Huntara, it's just more evidence that we desperately need some extra mini-subs to get all these guys into our hands.
    Alas we just don't have slots in 2014-2015
    To cover everyone and NA has consistently sold poorer vs other factions so we have fewer slots for them in next 2 years. Hence the fan vote to help maximize those slots. I mean, do we not do Scorpia and Extendar to do more NA figs?