View Poll Results: Leotards in Clssics. Dou you like how they turn out?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can tell the difference, and I HATE how the final toys turned out.

79 53.38%
  • I can tell the difference, and I don't mind or I like how the final toys tuned out.

64 43.24%
  • I can't tell the difference between the prototypes and the final toys.

5 3.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leotards in Classics. Do you like how they turn out?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I can definitely tell the difference... (prototypes look pretty awesome.) And it bugs me a bit, but honestly, I am just so stoked that we are getting these figures in the first place. I have loved Glimmer since I was eight years old, and now I actually get to have an IN-SCALE figure to proudly stand alongside the Masters!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a fan of how the leotards look on the final, production figures. If I had to choose between the "production" leotard and a sculpted skirt similar to BP She-Ra, Castaspella or Netossa, then I would choose the skirt even if it wasn't completely faithful to the Filmation design.

However, I still don't understand why Mattel can make perfectly functional and aesthetically pleasing Y-fronts for male figures (e.g. Bow), but can't seem to apply the same sculpting/design/technology/whatever to the female figures. It doesn't make sense when the exact same approach should be taken, but simply on the smaller, female buck.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I can tell the difference, and I don't mind or I like how the final toys tuned out.

Heroic Warrior
    The toys look ok, but being somewhat of a customiser and in the sfx for movies business, I know my plastics and moulding tech, and processes,
    And I don't care weather Scott is pulling the wool over our eyes, or design over his,
    I just don't buy Mattels excuses for the lady's skirt/ pants issue, as its been proved possible over and over with the male figures, who all have waist turns,
    Now for me I'm not much of a pop fan, but I do appreciate the work the horsemen put in to there Protos and that pop fans should get awesome figures,

IMHO I think the ( er-hemm) lady's crotches need a re design, the female wrestlers figures with the cuts at the top of there thighs are a great example of how they can be do well

Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Grayskull View Post
    I can tell the difference, and I don't mind or I like how the final toys tuned out.
    im in the same boat... they all look fine to me..
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.