Thread: Walking Dead figure collectors

Walking Dead figure collectors

First off, let me say I am completely late to the game.

Only this past July did I finally get into the goodness of the Walking Dead (though my in-laws have been telling me for months), and that is just the tv show.

Then about the time MOTUC started hitting Big Lots I started looking for TWD figures, though most are gone.

I did score the Michonne's Zombie Pets 3 pack from TRU (Hastings had it too for about $5 more).

I know I'll never get any of the older stuff, but I'm hoping to pick up the wave that comes out later this year. My wife actually wants the Daryl Dixon figure lol.

So, any other TWD collector's out there?

Uh YEAH!!
    March 2014 A NEW Daryl Dixon sculpt will be out, with a new cross bow AND his motorcycle!!!
    You can pre-order on BBTstore!!
    I have to the AMC are great but since i prefer the comic, i like the comic figures better...AND you can still pick up Rick & Michonne for reasonable prices.
    Penny is my favorite of all the Walking Dead figures!!
    I also have all the POP figures and the minifigures are great...the zombies are so freaking cute!!
    I have not made up my mind on the minimates...i know its just a matter of time on that one!!

Heroic Warrior
    After passing on the first few waves many times, I finally jumped in when I saw Wave 4 at Walgreens recently. At $12.99 each, I couldn't pass. These figures are just too cool and have lots of accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post

I know I'll never get any of the older stuff...
    Most of the earlier figures, except Rick in his police uniform from Series 1 and Daryl (who is getting re-release in a 2pack with Merle, and new version with a motorcycle), can be had on the secondary market for reasonable prices. I'm going back now and getting the ones I want that I missed, and between Amazon and Ebay the prices have been retail or pretty close.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Uh YEAH!!
    March 2014 A NEW Daryl Dixon sculpt will be out, with a new cross bow AND his motorcycle!!!
    You can pre-order on BBTstore!!
    I have to the AMC are great but since i prefer the comic, i like the comic figures better...AND you can still pick up Rick & Michonne for reasonable prices.
    Penny is my favorite of all the Walking Dead figures!!
    I also have all the POP figures and the minifigures are great...the zombies are so freaking cute!!
    I have not made up my mind on the minimates...i know its just a matter of time on that one!!
    Thanks for the input you two!

I thought Daryl was out again around November. McFarlane is crazy not to have these by Christmas.

I look fwd to finding the Merle - Daryl 2 pack...maybe at Walgreens!

I have all the minimates to date. Thought about the McFarlane figures....but I already collect to much! lol.

I'd be all over the McFarlane figures now that the sculpts and articulation have improved tremendously, but I still can't get past their weird scale. I literally have 9 shelves of horror themed figures (zombies, movie maniacs, Resident Evil stuff) that are pretty much in a 6 to 7 inch scale and look great together. I'd have nothing else similar in this scale,so it's helped me to stay far away from these.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

These are popping up at walgreens around me now. I haven't really been checking but today I picked up Andrea, Governor, Carl, and 1 of the riot gear zombies. Plus they're on sale with card.

I got an Andrea with perfect face paint! No frog face for her!!

I also got Carl

Now I just need the Govoner. I don't think I'm gonna get the riot gear zombies.
    Cannot wait fir the chared zombie from the next wave!

Walking Dead Shelf:
    Left

Right
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; October 22, 2013 at 09:33am.

Nice set up!

I scored all the figures from Walgreen, and picked up the Merle/Daryl 2 pack from TRU.

Rick Grimes was hard to find, but I knew I would get him eventually. I found 2 and one had a tear in the back with tape on it, but not sure if it came from the factory or if the store did it. I gave it to my Father in Law after he saw it -- he said he is going to start collecting them lol

The Dixon 2 pack almost eluded me at TRU and it was right at my feet! They werent hidden, just werent at the edge of the shelf and were tipped over. I stood there looking at all the other figures in the 'other' aisle and after about 4 or 5 minutes I noticed them at the bottom. Plus, the packs are way bigger than I thought.

I'm here in Germany and - as always - I have no chance to get Rick because it's a walgreens exclusive figure.

I have a few too and have Darrel pre ordered with his bike