Thread: What Superman figure will fit in best with the MOTUC line.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar

What Superman figure will fit in best with the MOTUC line.

I just saw pics of the new long haired Supes. And I thought he was best suited but I dont think so by the pic. But can any one that actually have the figure confirm this or have a better superman for me to buy. Id like to have a battle. thanks!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Well, I have various Superman figures Including the new DCUC long haired Superman. When I get home from work tomorrow morning I can post a picture of them beside MOTUC He-Man figure if you like.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I think DC superheros series 1 Superman is the best, and he has very similar articulation to MOTUC not to mention similar height

Well, here you go. A few Superman figures from both Mattel and DC Direct next to the new He-Man figure.

As you can see! The Mattel DC Direct Superman figures (On the left!) is on the tad small side next to the new MOTUC Figures. The DC Direct figures are sometimes more in scale with the MOTUC. But there have been a few great looking DC Direct Superman figures. Sadly decent articulation has been lacking.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The DC Superheros one does look the best. I'm somewhat surprised because I thought the DCUC would be the best one. I have to admit I really don't like the look of the figure compared to the others.

Was the DC Superheros one sculpted by the 4HM?
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    The DC Superheros one does look the best. I'm somewhat surprised because I thought the DCUC would be the best one. I have to admit I really don't like the look of the figure compared to the others.

Was the DC Superheros one sculpted by the 4HM?
    Both DC Superheroes line and DC Universe Classics are done by the Four Horsemen. Think of of DC Superheroes version of the characters made as being a test run. While the DC Universe Classics figures issues that was wrong with the previous line and fixed problems and expanded the range of characters you get.

As for the DCUC Supes, You actually need to see the DCUC version in person. It look much better than the DC Superheroes version. The face especially, it's not so angular and hard looking. His face reminded me of Carter Oosterhouse from Trading Spaces. The face is the same sculpt as is the Superman Blue figure. But in flesh tone and with the long hair Plus the DCUC version has him in his correct colors. Not those muted, dark, Superman Returns colors.

The DC Superseroes look the best and have the most realistic size difference, I mean Superman`s supposed to be smaller than He Man, I`m guessing He Man 350-400 pounds of solid muscle maybe 6`3, then you have Superman at 6`0 and between 230 and 260 pounds and more toned than big, I`d say it the difference is perfect!!

I like this Superman for my Display.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2033_105904595

He is in perfect scale with MOTUC and he also has the alternate head which is suppose to be based on Superman coming under Alien control and becoming evil and that fits very close to the Story of Skeletor Controling Superman and I like the idea of Superman's face morphing due to Skeletor's magic (Kinda like Skeletor's face is merging with Superman's).

Last edited by Mye-Kah B; January 10, 2009 at 04:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Both DC Superheroes line and DC Universe Classics are done by the Four Horsemen. Think of of DC Superheroes version of the characters made as being a test run. While the DC Universe Classics figures issues that was wrong with the previous line and fixed problems and expanded the range of characters you get.

As for the DCUC Supes, You actually need to see the DCUC version in person. It look much better than the DC Superheroes version. The face especially, it's not so angular and hard looking. His face reminded me of Carter Oosterhouse from Trading Spaces. The face is the same sculpt as is the Superman Blue figure. But in flesh tone and with the long hair Plus the DCUC version has him in his correct colors. Not those muted, dark, Superman Returns colors.
    Thanks for the info. I'll still pick up the DCUC Supes if I see him just to see what he looks like next to He-Man.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

So the long haired Supes is the best or the 1st reactivated Supes is better?
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.

ALRIGHT! HE-MAN VS DOOMSDAY! WHO WIN?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    ALRIGHT! HE-MAN VS DOOMSDAY! WHO WIN?
    Can we add a He-man vs Darkseid as well

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    The DC Superseroes look the best and have the most realistic size difference, I mean Superman`s supposed to be smaller than He Man, I`m guessing He Man 350-400 pounds of solid muscle maybe 6`3, then you have Superman at 6`0 and between 230 and 260 pounds and more toned than big, I`d say it the difference is perfect!!
    Actually Superman is Height: 6' 3" and Weight: 225lbs. Has He-Man's stats even been listen before?

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    So the long haired Supes is the best or the 1st reactivated Supes is better?
    Well I like the DCUC Supers over the Reactivated mostly due to the face sculpt. But the JLA Box Set that came out about like 6 years or so ago had the Reactivated Supes body, but came with a re sculpted head that was 100 times better. Plus the colors were better. He is my favorite Superman figure I have followed by DCUC Long Hair Superman.
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; January 11, 2009 at 03:07am.

Movie mayhem!
    I dunno... if he-man and greyskull were the only ones that were so much bigger than all the DCU peeps it would be one thing... but given that everyone, including merman and zodak will be too they are going to look like a bunch of giants next to superman. I just really don't think these two lines are going to fit together too well, which is a real shame. Missed opportunity for Mattel me thinks.

plus hemans head is SO big, that alone really screws it up. When people are taller or even buffer their heads aren't THAT much bigger than smaller peeps, it really is a lot of what keeps them out of proportion to me. I think the superman on the far right fits best

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I dunno... if he-man and greyskull were the only ones that were so much bigger than all the DCU peeps it would be one thing... but given that everyone, including merman and zodak will be too they are going to look like a bunch of giants next to superman. I just really don't think these two lines are going to fit together too well, which is a real shame. Missed opportunity for Mattel me thinks.

plus hemans head is SO big, that alone really screws it up. When people are taller or even buffer their heads aren't THAT much bigger than smaller peeps, it really is a lot of what keeps them out of proportion to me. I think the superman on the far right fits best
    Watch a Wrestling interview and compare the head size of the wrestler to to head size of the interviewer and you`ll see there is a mojor difference and alot of He Man`s head size is due to his lack of a hair cut with the hair pulled off as I did to put the hairline lower he actually has a really small head If Superman is 6`3 then He Man being 6`10 to 7 feet tall isn`t all that off, there are poeple that size on earth so it`s not totally unbelieveable, I don`t like the DCUC Supes because of the mullet he has

Watch a Wrestling interview and compare the head size of the wrestler to to head size of the interviewer and you`ll see there is a mojor difference and alot of He Man`s head size is due to his lack of a hair cut with the hair pulled off as I did to put the hairline lower he actually has a really small head If Superman is 6`3 then He Man being 6`10 to 7 feet tall isn`t all that off, there are poeple that size on earth so it`s not totally unbelieveable, I don`t like the DCUC Supes because of the mullet he has.
    Sorry, but where are you pulling this He-Man being this type tall from? 6'10 to 7 feet! I think not! If anything, He-Man is probably only about 6 foot maybe 6'4 at best. So they're basically the same height. Seems like someone is afraid that He-Man would get his butt kicked by a certain Man of Steel. Oh and Superman is not wearing a mullet. A mullet is where you have short hair on the top and the sides of your head. While the back is left long. Example: Billy Ray Cyrus in his Achy Breaky Heart Video. Superman's hair is just long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Sorry, but where are you pulling this He-Man being this type tall from? 6'10 to 7 feet! I think not! If anything, He-Man is probably only about 6 foot maybe 6'4 at best. So they're basically the same height. Seems like someone is afraid that He-Man would get his butt kicked by a certain Man of Steel. Oh and Superman is not wearing a mullet. A mullet is where you have short hair on the top and the sides of your head. While the back is left long. Example: Billy Ray Cyrus in his Achy Breaky Heart Video. Superman's hair is just long hair.
    Thats why he is the long haired Superman...

Would ARES look cool with the MOTUC line!

Movie mayhem!
    Watch a Wrestling interview and compare the head size of the wrestler to to head size of the interviewer and you`ll see there is a mojor difference and alot of He Man`s head size is due to his lack of a hair cut with the hair pulled off as I did to put the hairline lower he actually has a really small head If Superman is 6`3 then He Man being 6`10 to 7 feet tall isn`t all that off, there are poeple that size on earth so it`s not totally unbelieveable, I don`t like the DCUC Supes because of the mullet he has
    They may be bigger but they aren't THAT much bigger. He man looks like he might have a swelling brain or something compared to supes.

I also have never equated he-man's size with his strength. I mean yes he should be very muscular, but obviously there is magic involved here. I've always seen him being the same size as the bigger superman designs you see. Also, if you are going to get technical real strength comes from lean dense muscle, not big bulging showy muscle.

I've got a ton of Superman figures and in terms of sheer mass, muscularity, and scale, I think the Adam Kubert "Last Son" Superman figure fits in the best with the MOTUC line.

I though Supes was listed as 6'3-6'4? I read in one of the MV Creations books that He-Man was about 6'6 and 500-700lbs.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

For sheer mass, I'd think the McGuinness Superman might work:

I re-open this thread because I would like to know what Superman figure fit the best with He-Man since "Man of Steel" movie was release!
    I would like to re-produce DC Universe vs MOTU in my displays

What do you recommend buddies?