Thread: Who is Rin Tin Tin?

Master of New Adventures!

Who is Rin Tin Tin?

I'd like to ask orgers to be gracious enough to assist me in a little unscientific survey:

Do you know who Rin Tin Tin is? If not, a simple 'no' will suffice. If you do, then please give me your recollections and feelings about the character.

Also, please don't mess things up by Googling before you answer. Afterwards is fine and if you want to add a comment after Googling, that would be very welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for taking a moment for this.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Please scroll past other replies to post.

Best,

Jack
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; September 26, 2013 at 05:46pm.

A Dog better yet a German Shepard that was on TV in the 1950's & 1960's

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Do you know who Rin Tin Tin is?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    If you do, then please give me your recollections and feelings about the character.
    I have none. Only remember his show appearing briefly in the 80's movie My Science Project.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Well, skipping past the comments: I think it's a dog. I wana say german shepard. Beyond that, I have no idea. I think I got the information from cartoon references. Meaning: Stuff from Warner Bros. I'm aware of a lot of old movie and TV show stuff because the cartoons of my time (Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, and even Loony Toon reruns) referenced that stuff a lot. Also...I think Rin Tin Tin was referenced in a song...? Can't think of it off the top of my head.

AFTER GOOGLING:

Ah, I was right! A german shepard. Wow, there's a lot more info there than I thought! Figured it might have been a TV show. And whadoyaknow, the wikipedia entry mentions his film made Warner Bros a success! Amazing how that stuff works out.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

He's a German Shepard who catches bad guys, as seen in Rin Tin Tin: K9 Cop. That's the only version of Rin Tin Tin I have vague memories of from my childhood.

Jack, are you working on the New Adventures of Rin Tin Tin?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Rin Tin Tin, K9 Cop. That's about all I know about the character. It's possible I saw the TV show when I was a kid but not something I vividly recall.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    yes, sure: loved the dog, not so much the kid, rusty.

in italian dubbing was sometimes nicknamed "rinty": don't known if it was the same in the original version.

Heroic Warrior
    a german shepard that would kick lassies butt up and down dennis the menace's block over to beaver cleavers road..

Heroic Warrior
    I know of him, but never really watched him.

he's a german shepherd police dog from the 70's I think. 60's? Not sure if it was in color or not. Fell into the line of Flipper or Lassie where the animal was the star of the show.

In fact I've always thought of it as a cross between a police show and lassie.... and since I like Collies better, Lassie always won out for me.

not to be confused with Riki tiki tavi.... who was a mongoose story that instilled a crippling fear of snakes in me.

I knew it was an old tv show about a German Shepard, but that is about it.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    He was a German Shepard and too be honest, all I remember is Rin Tin Tin: K9 cop and watching an old movie with my Grandpa when I was younger. I always preferred Lassie and Benji. We sell The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin on DVD for $4.99 at TRU btw....lol.

He was a german shepard....Rin Tin Tin K9 Cop!
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I knew who Rin Tin Tin was, but never have seen any of the show and know nothing about the character at all. I like dogs, if that helps any.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

I never saw the show but he was a dog, german shepherd i believe, and according to the simpsons, the first openly gay dog in hollywood. lol
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Master of New Adventures!
    Rin Tin Tin's one heroic dog, but I'd planned on having Battle Cat in the show if NA went to Season Two and I think it'd be no contest. Instead of "Yo Rinty!" it'd be "Poor Rinty!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    He's a German Shepard who catches bad guys, as seen in Rin Tin Tin: K9 Cop. That's the only version of Rin Tin Tin I have vague memories of from my childhood.

Jack, are you working on the New Adventures of Rin Tin Tin?

Widget
    Rin tin tin was i think shown on either the disney channel or family channel as reruns when I was a kid. He was a german shepherd who lived at Fort Apache under the command of I think Lieutenant col masters and he was friends with an orphan boy who was an honorary corporal rusty. he saved the day a lot.

It was a fun show.
    Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

some dog that went on adventures with an old sea captain and a belgian reporter...right?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery