Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Recasts of Rare MOTU Rubber figures from Japan

Custom Recasts of Rare MOTU Rubber figures

Hello, my name is Eric and I have been casting my own figures for many years. I recently was able to come across some very rare and hard to find Masters of the Universe keshi (Rubber figures) from japan. My initial post talking about them you can see HERE. They are the same scale as M.U.S.C.L.E.s and most rubber figures from the 80s, 1.75"-2" tall.

I have 7 of the 12 and will be recasting them and selling them in my Online Store. I will be releasing two at a time, starting with Battle Armor He-Man and Man-at-Arms. They are $30 for both, and I will be adding singles later on for $15 each.

They are in my store now, but only available for Pre-Order. The first run will consist of 25 Flesh, 15 Green, and 15 Light Blue of each. They will start shipping in 2 weeks.

http://ericnilla.storenvy.com/produc...nd-man-at-arms
    Last edited by ericnilla; September 27, 2013 at 04:34am. Reason: Updated info

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Put me down for a set wave 1!!!

Widget
    Didn't you sculpt the O M F G series figures?

No, those were sculpted by a friend of mine, George Gaspar.

Court Magician
    Im in. Will shipping be from japan? Whats shipping to portland oregon?

No, I am located in Southern California.

Domestic Shipping for one set will be $2.50 + $.50 for each additional item (Regular mail) or $6 (Priority) flate rate (+ $0 each additional item).

International shipping is $6.75 + $.75 for each additional item.

- - - Updated - - -

Pre-order is now open in my store.

http://ericnilla.storenvy.com/produc...nd-man-at-arms

Awesome! I just bought a Green set

When will Wave 2 go up for Pre-Order? I don't want to miss out.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Podcaster
    So a shipped set is $110? Someone please check my math!
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Order successfully placed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    So a shipped set is $110? Someone please check my math!
    Not sure what happened there, did you accidentally add multiple sets? My order came out to 32.50

Is it possible to get them in different colors? I mean like He-Man in the flesh, but Man-At-Arms in the green?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It'd be super cool to see a set of these painted up...
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Order successfully placed!

Not sure what happened there, did you accidentally add multiple sets? My order came out to 32.50
    I was planning ahead for the other figures. Isn't it $30 for the first two?

I went ahead and paid for a flesh colored set. Looking forward to these and the rest!

Now to decide whether to detach their weapons and put them in their hands or not...I'm thinking yes.
    Last edited by SunDevil; September 27, 2013 at 04:20pm.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Awesome! I just bought a Green set

When will Wave 2 go up for Pre-Order? I don't want to miss out.
    Wave-2 will come out this time next month, so around the 25th-27th. I cast up other figures as well during the month so I have to leave time to cast my normal figures.

I was planning ahead for the other figures. Isn't it $30 for the first two?

I went ahead and paid for a flesh colored set. Looking forward to these and the rest!

Now to decide whether to detach their weapons and put them in their hands or not...I'm thinking yes.
    haha yeah if you put it that way it comes out to that over the next couple months. The $30 is for the first 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Is it possible to get them in different colors? I mean like He-Man in the flesh, but Man-At-Arms in the green?
    No sorry, just doing both figures at the moment. I will be releasing single figures next month, so at that time you can pick up these guys in different colors each.

Quote Originally Posted by ericnilla View Post
    No sorry, just doing both figures at the moment. I will be releasing single figures next month, so at that time you can pick up these guys in different colors each.
    Cool! Alrighty, I think I may wait. I like the idea of some of them being different from the others, like Man-At-Arms being green. Thanks again for doing this!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yesterday I preordered a set in flesh!

A few questions my friend:

Have you worked out a deal with your friend for the remaining figures (you don't have) to be cast at some point? Just curious!

If not will the 7th figure be available by itself one month or will one month have 3 figures available (as you are offering 2 at a time currently)

Also will the colors of flesh, blue, & green be the color waves on all of the recasts going forward for the reminder of the line?

Thanks!

Will you be updating this thread and/or the marketplace thread when new sets/singles become available?
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I have talked to my friend but he is skeptical/ scared to to mail them for me to use. He doesnt want to lose them in the mail. Im still working on him so hopefully I can work something out.

Since i have 7 I will be releasing the last 3 together instead of just the one alone. Unless I can get some of the figures i need, then i will be continuing with 2 figures a month.

Each release will have specific colors available at first for the pairs. Most colors will be available for each figure as singles though. Since I am casting these months apart, when i release the same colors later on, they might now match exactly with the earlier releases since I am custom mixing each color each time I cast these up. So an original green might not match exactly on a later released green.

The next figures to be released are Fisto and Jitsu, so the colors are gonna be Flesh, Gold, and Silver.

and yeah I will be updating this thread when I start doing singles. Once I start doing singles the colors they will be all assorted colors, not just the original released colors as singles.

Your site says "Currently Under Maintenance"?

Heroic Podcaster
    I'd like to hear if other buyers are going to separate the weapons or not. I think I will.

I'd like to hear if other buyers are going to separate the weapons or not. I think I will.
    I think I will also.

yeah sorry I was adding some other stuff to the store.

should be open now.

and i will be separating the weapons on my personal set, not the originals, but my custom set. :P

yeah sorry I was adding some other stuff to the store.

should be open now.

and i will be separating the weapons on my personal set, not the originals, but my custom set. :P
    No problem. I was just wondering.

Also, will you be doing any more of the Muscles of the Universe? I would be very interested in them also.

Eventually, but none planned at the moment. I wanna do a scareglow and just cast him in GITD rubber. haha

but id love suggestions on new ones to do.

Eventually, but none planned at the moment. I wanna do a scareglow and just cast him in GITD rubber. haha

but id love suggestions on new ones to do.
    Sorry I didn't clarify...I was wondering if you will be re-casting the Muscles of the Universe He-Man, Fisto, Skeletor, and Beast Man (that you are sold out of) because I am very interested in getting a set?

As far as future Muscles of the Universe, I would love anything, but especially Ram Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Mer-Man, Sy-Klone, Man-At-Arms, Trap Jaw, and Mekaneck.

oh, my bad. haha

Yeah i will have some more soon. Are you interested in a mixed color set or flesh?
    Last edited by ericnilla; October 11, 2013 at 04:09am.

I have talked to my friend but he is skeptical/ scared to to mail them for me to use. He doesnt want to lose them in the mail. Im still working on him so hopefully I can work something out.

Since i have 7 I will be releasing the last 3 together instead of just the one alone. Unless I can get some of the figures i need, then i will be continuing with 2 figures a month.

Each release will have specific colors available at first for the pairs. Most colors will be available for each figure as singles though. Since I am casting these months apart, when i release the same colors later on, they might now match exactly with the earlier releases since I am custom mixing each color each time I cast these up. So an original green might not match exactly on a later released green.

The next figures to be released are Fisto and Jitsu, so the colors are gonna be Flesh, Gold, and Silver.

and yeah I will be updating this thread when I start doing singles. Once I start doing singles the colors they will be all assorted colors, not just the original released colors as singles.
    Thanks for all the great info! Very excited for these!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)