Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Awesome Villains Who’d Need To Be In A He-Man Movie

6 Awesome Villains Who’d Need To Be In A He-Man Movie

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-man-movie.php

I don't know that Faker needs to be in the movie, but the others seem pretty obvious.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I'm very pro-Faker for the movie...but the blue skinned, orange armored, computer chest one...not the Filmation look.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I'm very pro-Faker for the movie...but the blue skinned, orange armored, computer chest one...not the Filmation look.
    I like Faker, but I think the first (assuming there might be more than one) movie should keep it simple with just super core characters, ie

He-Man/Adam
    Battle Cat/Cringer
    MAA
    Teela
    Ram-Man
    Sorceress

Skeletor
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man
    Evil Lyn
    Trap Jaw
    Tri-Klops

Could be more, but maybe just in the background.
    By the ancients!!!

I think the first film should make it small. Stick to the most famous ones. Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops should suffice.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Understanding the creature-people of Eternia is key to understanding Skeletor's relations and how local area problems differ from galactic invaders.

..in my work there is also a minor feud between brother and sister that makes a difference.

(unlikely Hollywood will do anything people will recognise as Masters of the Universe though)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Apart from Faker, these guys are pretty obvious.

I only think they should keep Hisss and Hordak for sequels (let's say the Snakemen and the Horde could be the villains respectively for part 2 and 3).

Skeletor and Evil-Lyn (and to a lesser extent, Beastman, Triklops, Merman and Trapjaw) are absolutely required for a MOTU movie!

I envision Skeletor and Evil-Lyn as the Magneto and Mystique of the MOTU franchise... They should appear in every MOTU movie made (even if their role is less prominent in any of the sequels, they should remain a threat lurking somewhere...)
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I want to throw this out there PANTHOR!! hello epic final fight between he man and skeletor has to have their "pets" go at it. I feeling like the good guys are out numbered lets throw in Stratos for good messure maybe even Man e Faces ( because he's so Hollywood it hurts!)
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Warrior
    That list stinks..

my list

skeletor
    evil lyn
    beast man
    merman
    tri clops
    trap jaw.

And they all must look like the drawings the comics and cartoons and toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I think the first film should make it small. Stick to the most famous ones. Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops should suffice.
    I agree. I dont think we need a ton of villians. Faker might be saved for a later movie, maybe?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Court Magician
    Most of the people going to watch the Masters of the Universe movie will already know most the characters from childhood or at least will remember what most of them look like. Main characters the movie goes in depth with should of course be the normal guys most of you have said but when it comes to battles or say people are having a meeting or something of that nature if people like Buzz-off, Mech-a-neck, Whiplash, Moss-man, Stratos, Ram-man, Fisto, Sy-Klone, Roboto, Mer-man, Trap-jaw, Webstor and stinkor were not at least in the movie for a minute i would feel like they didnt hit the bullseye with the film. If even just watching them gear up and battle you know. Im just pretty much with lich-leach on this one. Even a cameo of Hordak and hiss that way it sets it up for a second movie or a series. Or something. It would be doing the younger generation a disservice if they didnt get to know these guys too.

I think/hope they know they have to keep main characters at a minimum for now so yeah 6 a side would be good for that BUT that doesn't mean they can't use other characters in the film. They should use more Characters to set up sequels, or show back story,and to showcase the brand (not to mention if the toys do well there's more to sell the new kids except He-man and Skeletor for the eighth time) I think were going to see smaller scale figures for the line, if I had to hazard a guess. Makes them cheaper at retail and to produce. Besides I'm still upset about not seeing Jitsu in the 1987 movie.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Bit of a meh list to be fair. It's just a list of Skeletor and his henchmen and added both Hordak and King Hsss at the end. To me the vast majority of that list would be easily covered in one film. There are more characters to chose film. Even Count Marzo could make a good villain in a MOTU movie imo (though probably not the first one to be fair).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I agree. I don't think we need a ton of villains. Faker might be saved for a later movie, maybe?
    I agree We need Skeletor, Evil Lyn, Beast-Man, Tri-Klops, Trapjaw, Mer-Man, & Panthor. Faker could be used, in the sequel, as like a side story, where Tri-Klops & Trapjaw are told to build a robotic He-Man doppelganger.
    Does Galactus fart?

Though I think Skeletor and his evil warriors are just about obligatory for the first film I think that sequels could at least look at the wider MOTU for inspiration. I think this short list could give an idea of other ways MOTU could go without automatically bringing in Hordak and the Horde or King Hsss and the Snakemen.

Count Marzo

Prahvus

Evil Seed

Shokoti & Masque

I think these characters could potentially carry a movie as the villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Honestly, I think the Masters of the Universe world lends itself more toward a television show than a movie. I'd probably set it up like Transformers Animated, where every time a single Decepticon showed up it was bad news for a whole team of Autobots. You know, in one episode He-Man and the lot have to deal with Tri-Klops, the next, Evil-Lyn, so that when Skeletor finally shows up in the season finale and attacks using all the Evil Warriors at once, the Heroic Warriors have a really hard time.

THAT was a digression. If I have to talk about a movie, then I have to talk about a movie.

I'd want to show Mer-Man, and Beast Man, Clawful and Whiplash, but it isn't enough just to show them, I'd like to to see their whole races, the Evil Warrior's relationship with their own race, and the reason why they individually work in Skeletor's employ. I'd also like to see Tri-Klops, Evil-Lyn and Scare Glow, but their backstories are less important to me because they're all kind of human and basically fueled by greed. Trap Jaw and Zodac were always the coolest bad guys outside of Skeletor himself in my estimation, but also the most complicated, so maybe we'd be better off leaving them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Honestly, I think the Masters of the Universe world lends itself more toward a television show than a movie. ....

... it isn't enough just to show them, I'd like to to see their whole races, the Evil Warrior's relationship with their own race, and the reason why they individually work ....
    Your very right and close to the mark on this..
    ..although the tv show of Masters I would do in a distinct time line from the solid storytelling of Eternia.
    ..and TrapJaw is to RamMan what Perfuma is to Glimmer, and so on.

apart Skeletor

Trap Jaw
    Beastman
    Mer man
    Triklops
    and Evil lyn

Modulok. Yeah, maybe because I'm biased since Modulok's my favorite MOTU villain, but I'd love to see him as a villain in a He-Man movie. His part-swapping gimmick could allow for some interesting encounters, he has an interesting backstory, plus if we're using the Filmation version, he'd be a great mad scientist to contrast against Skeletor's use sorcery.

Heroic Warrior
    Thinking about previous movies that have worked and not worked, I think the most humanoid villains (and heroes) are the ones that should be in the movie. It pains me to say that, but... you know what? Scratch that. I think it just needs to be sold as a sci-fi/fantasy a la Star Wars, and not as a barbarian movie like Conan (or John Carter). Make sure the audience knows going in that there are fish- and bee- and lizard- et. al.-people living on this planet, and that a female troglodyte gives a teenage boy a sword which gives him tanning steroids.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Though I think Skeletor and his evil warriors are just about obligatory for the first film I think that sequels could at least look at the wider MOTU for inspiration. I think this short list could give an idea of other ways MOTU could go without automatically bringing in Hordak and the Horde or King Hsss and the Snakemen.

Count Marzo

Prahvus

Evil Seed

Shokoti & Masque

I think these characters could potentially carry a movie as the villain.
    I would love to see Count Marzo but thats only if we get a trilogy.

Across the three movies (this is just specualtion & a wish) the characters I would root for are

Skeletor, Beast Man, Tri Klops, Evil Lyn & Trap Jaw.

2nd film would include Whiplash, Mer Man, & Webstor with introduction to Marzo side story.

3rd film Count Marzo, Skeletor & Clawfull

Yikes maybe a good job I'm not directing!!.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    I would love to see Count Marzo but thats only if we get a trilogy.

Across the three movies (this is just specualtion & a wish) the characters I would root for are

Skeletor, Beast Man, Tri Klops, Evil Lyn & Trap Jaw.

2nd film would include Whiplash, Mer Man, & Webstor with introduction to Marzo side story.

3rd film Count Marzo, Skeletor & Clawfull

Yikes maybe a good job I'm not directing!!.
    Oh man, Mer-Man has to be in the first film. IMO he's one of the most essential evil warriors. Also included in the four baddies flashed on the screen in the filmation intro
    By the ancients!!!

I'd like to suggest that not everyone is 'always evil' or 'always good'.

Maybe its more interesting to see how characters relate or deal with certain problems.
    Thereby one needs to know the difference between types of problems on Eternia.
    ..or off Eternia.

I say they should just George Lucas it. Throw in every single character they can, when ever they can.
    Have the main Baddies, Skeletor, Beast-man, Mer-man, Evil-Lyn. Then have the rest show up trying to take out He-Man & co. throughout the film under Skeletor's orders. They need to make this something that we the adult fans want to see, but friendly enough for the next generation to watch and compelling enough for them to seek out more MoTu. Lets face it, the movie has to be good enough to get past the cheese most people taste when they think of the first movie to bring MoTu back into the mainstream.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    I'd like to suggest that not everyone is 'always evil' or 'always good'.

Maybe its more interesting to see how characters relate or deal with certain problems.
    Thereby one needs to know the difference between types of problems on Eternia.
    ..or off Eternia.
    I like this and agree with this.

I always hear that the bad guy doesn't believe that he/she is evil nor do they believe they are doing wrong.

I would like to add that before you start showing how certain characters react to certain situations I think you should first explore and expose the life styles of all the races.

Then it's just a matter of building up the character.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    .... you should first explore and expose the life styles of all the races.

Then it's just a matter of building up the character.
    Yes, well, in my work, the creature-people revere the humans as icons of society and follow their trends, like pop-culture on earth. At least some do, because differences are to be expected.

However on Trola everyone is basically the same.
    ..and they gamble over their newly laid eggs, so as to lessen the hippy-love.