Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #6 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #6 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

This issue comes out tomorrow afternoon for me (I get the hard copy), but some of us get the digital download very early in the morning (well, where I'm from anyway).

Discuss!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Thanks for posting this, Max. Yet another thing I'll have to keep in mind as I nip out to do the shopping. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

WHEN does this thing come out?? I've been checking every day since the 20th! C'mon already!

No Spoiler, but the Giger-Hordak has now has a more Hordak-Hordak face :-)

The digital is out.

Cheers,
    Klemens

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericius View Post
    No Spoiler, but the Giger-Hordak has now has a more Hordak-Hordak face :-)
    And that is mostly due to Axel Giménez handling some of the pencilling on the pages, and his inspiration was the NECA statue of 200x Hordak.

I have the overall feeling that additional (new) supporting characters are more true to their original form than the main characters ...

All I have to wow. Just got done reading it. I do kind of wish they left the scar.
    Last edited by Morbebanur; October 2, 2013 at 04:23am.

I liked that there was as much set-up for the future as there was resolution--glad they didn't kill Adora, though I never really thought they were gonna do that and never found out exactly where that rumor/theory came from...and one of the last panels makes me thnk that maaaaaybe Shadow Weaver isn't dead either. Not totally, anyway--remember He-Man's line from issue 5, "Do mages ever really die?"

But I hate He-Man's new sword and armor more all the time...what I'm feeling is the OPPOSITE of getting used to it.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Does it end? I want a jump off point.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    But I hate He-Man's new sword and armor more all the time...what I'm feeling is the OPPOSITE of getting used to it.
    Me too - horrible. Really, really bad.

Just read it - don't know why I bother with this trash. Six issues - and nothings really happened - just loads of stupid wisecracking and snark and the same pictures of heman smacking hordetroopers while despera and teela do Twilight-style slash.

And it looks like theyre setting it up for more. Why bother? They must be the worst heman comics EVER.

I saw a nice shot of He-Man from this issue that Jukka posted.

Right away, I think art from both Pop and Axel = awesome.

I also like the tweaked look on He-Man's design. I like the way it's armor for a more updated look, but has the colors and design that's a nod to the barbarian harness and the battle armor. I wasn't keen on the gold cross, but I love the vintage BA He-man symbol so I love the nod to it and I also think it works in the gold.

I don't think that sort of design departure would work for something like a new movie or cartoon. But for this comic, I like what it's evolved into. But then I've always been cool with He-Man having different armor sets and designs, especially if they might be power/situation-based. I don't always like the different variations, but I like the concept of different armor/outfits.

The sword... well... it's no vintage toy sword, but IMO at least it's not the 200x sword.

I'm just about to read it. *fingers crossed that I like what I'm reading*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm just about to read it. *fingers crossed that I like what I'm reading*
    *waits for plenty gif-animations*

DC Hordak.jpg

HEMMU_6-8.jpg

I tried to make this version of Hordak with some features closer to the Hordak we all "love", especially from the 200x version. I even tried to base some panels in some scenes from "The Power of Grayskull" episode, my favorite from Mike Young series.
    Last edited by AXOR; October 2, 2013 at 08:43am. Reason: Adding new image

I really like the face! Great job, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I really like the face! Great job, sir.
    Thank you!

Love the 'new' Hordak designs, he looks like himself now. I am wondering if they will eventually give him a body closer to the Filmation version. In my canon, Hordak starts off as the MYP Hordak, gets destroyed and his spirit is sent to Despondos. His spirit is summoned back by magic and science, and he is placed in the large metal and magic body we see in the comics. Finally he gets a final form...a liquid metal and magic infused form that can change shape (to make weapons, rockets, more like Filmation, etc)...this is how I see Hordak evolving.

Love how the females are drawn in the issue, it it easy to make fighting warrior female look really masculine, but they manage to look strong and beautiful at the same time. Still not crazy about Teela's attitude, she is almost unbearable! I love that Mekaneck is more prominent and fleshed out. I wish we could get a version of these Horde Troopers in MOTUC, love the designs.

He-Man:MOTU is probably one of the only comics I read lately, I have completely given up on most Marvel and DC New 52 books.

OMG Castle Grayskull!!!!!!!
    I am the center of my own Universe!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    Thank you!
    Your art is just great (good name, too!) but I wish SO MUCH that we could have a real He-man back - not this kid in a stupid techno-suit. Its horrible and he looks like all the other superheroes out there. He is no more unique.

What we all want is this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Heman-...tion-385644071

Great issue! Seems the story is similar to what was going to be the next season of the 200x cartoon, with the Masters as renegades on Eternia. I think the art was quite nice in this issue and I'm getting a bit used to the He-Man outfit. I'm even starting to wonder what the 4H could do with it (SDCC exclusive?)

Very curious to see the emergence of She-Ra...what will her costume look like and how will she find Swiftwind? Will she be spun off into her own series? If so, I hope it is done in a way that is appropriate for my young daughters to view.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I enjoyed the issue. Leaves me wanting to know what's gonna happen next.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the appearance of Mantisaur, Cartra, and Modulock.

Axel - thanks for making it feel more MutU-ish.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Neat! Axel Gimmenez is here on the .org and can answer questions! And thanks for making this drastically different universe more familiar to fans.

Now we need Pop Mhan to get an account here!

• I also got vibes of what was planned for the 3rd season of MYP.

• I like that Cringer is tagging along with Adora. And Adora is going back to the Fright Zone for some payback?

• Teela is betrothed to Adam? And apparently everyone knows it except for Teela.

• MAA is Teela's father in this reality.

• The last panel is pretty neat. Teela and She-Ra might have a rivalry within the fandom, but we've never seen them as best friends before. MOTU has TWO leading ladies...like Betty and Veronica in Archie. We can tell the difference between both blondes, Teela has a strawberry blonde color.

• It was nice to see Fisto. And Stratos is unmasked? Someone call StratosMecca!

• Hordak's strategy was to conquer all of Eternia while the Masters were guarding Castle Grayskull. That's pretty sound, since there aren't so many Masters and Castle Grayskull has always been their known fallback spot (assuming any villain wants to take the power of the universe.)

• Hordak kidnapped Adora and had her conquer Eternia because he wanted to discredit Grayskull's legacy with one of his own children. Adora will have a helluva storyline of redemption as She-Ra.

• I didn't like Castle Grayskull crumbling from the Fright Zone rising underneath! I really hate the idea that the place that holds the power of the universe is just another building, not some indestructible stronghold. That's like making a safe out of tissue paper.

• It's good to see Point Dread and the Talon Fighter! Those are criminally underused concepts.

• Still hate He-Man and Teela's armored costumes though.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    So I decided to pick it up over lunch, if for no other reason than to have closure on the story arc. I liked it enough in the shop to pick it up. While I am certainly not a fan, nor will I say this was great, it was decent. It was even a step above "not terrible".

Superficial thing I liked! Catra makes an appearance (and Modulok). Looking great!

I felt like the dialogue was better from the second part on (when they meet up at Point Dread, also nice to see). He-man and Randor talking felt like proper dialogue for the setting, without a bunch of "Earth slang" thrown in. I'm not asking for the language used in the original mini comics, but I do think that it needs to sound different than modern day earth.

*Gasp* Teela was actually written decently for one scene! The part where she was talking to Man at Arms about the Sorceress and why he didn't tell her actually FELT like I was reading MAA and Teela. She wasn't some bloodthirsty lunatic spouting off how she was going to kill someone, plus she didn't strip down to her underwear. No, she was strong, assertive WITHOUT being a maniac. I would be so much happier if this was how she was written throughout. I hope it is a sign of things to come, as opposed to a fluke, or Griffen calling in sick, lol.

More than a little annoyed at the destruction of Grayskull, but hopefully it will be restored. I still don't care for the whole idea that it is just a place or standard building. That's just dull.

I still am not a fan of the Giger Hordak design, but a big thank you to Axel for injecting some recognizable elements into Hordak so I could at least remember who he was supposed to be
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Liked it - I do wonder if Catra and Modulok were 'easter eggs' put in by Axel (who knows us all too well!). Of course, if they weren't and Mattel requested them, I'd be very pleased!

Interesting that we still haven't seen She-Ra and yet she was used to advertise two of the issues...I *really* hope for a new She-Ra comic series. It's long overdue and I'd love to see how the writers handle a woman-heavy Etheria
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina