Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #6 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't gotten my subscription in the mail. It has been on time the last 4 months. Anyone else waiting on theres?

I'm so over Adora on Eternia. Hoping She-Ra gets her own comic soon and that we get to see Adora try to atone for her crimes on Etheria. She can come back to Eternia at a later time.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    I haven't gotten my subscription in the mail. It has been on time the last 4 months. Anyone else waiting on theres?
    I haven't received 5 OR 6. Anybody know who I need to contact? Is it Matty or DC?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm so over Adora on Eternia. Hoping She-Ra gets her own comic soon and that we get to see Adora try to atone for her crimes on Etheria. She can come back to Eternia at a later time.
    How would you feel if Etheria and Eternia were merged and the POP cast was merged with the MOTU cast (heck make them even more MOTU-ish like Teela and Evil-Lyn)? Like if Mystacor, Brightmoon and Castle Chill were Eternian lands. I've always been of the feeling that a different world separates He-Man and She-Ra, when it might be more beneficial for the POP cast to be seen alongside the MOTU characters and interacting with them more.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The first version of page 12, with the Talon Fighter based on Monogram version. (And far fewer Horde Troopers )

He-Man 0612 First Version.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    The first version of page 12, with the Talon Fighter based on Monogram version. (And far fewer Horde Troopers )

I love seeing stuff like this! Looks great. I final one has more action and drama I think.
    Random trooper shooting at Battle Cat was a nice little touch too!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by toofastone View Post
    I was just about to post this....I haven't waited this long since #1 for mine....I had almost forgotten about the damn thing until I just saw this thread again.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I love seeing stuff like this! Looks great. I final one has more action and drama I think.
    Random trooper shooting at Battle Cat was a nice little touch too!
    Thank you so much Eamon! I'm glad you like it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just got my subscription copy yesterday. I have to say, the comics continue to improve with each issue (in my opinion). There was story progression without major character deaths "just because", it had story AND action, the comic looked good (most consistent art in the comic, I feel), Hordak actually looked pretty cool in his first appearance in this issue, lots of historical MOTU nods and the comic left me wanting to know what will happen next. Oh, and Teela wasn't unbearable in this issue! Little Teela in the flashback actually made me chuckle!

I do think the cover and title are kind of funny. It shows Despera vs He-Man with Hordak in the back titled "Sibling Rivalry" in a Mortal Kombat kind of fight...yet they get along swimmingly inside the issue.

Also, I really like the looks of the Cary Nord picture Eamon posted. The MOTU book would look amazing coloured like that.

Sidenote: He-Man is drawn well in this issue, but I still hate his outfit. His sword's cool looking, though...but it doesn't say "He-Man" to me.

I hope to see this too.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    How would you feel if Etheria and Eternia were merged and the POP cast was merged with the MOTU cast (heck make them even more MOTU-ish like Teela and Evil-Lyn)? Like if Mystacor, Brightmoon and Castle Chill were Eternian lands. I've always been of the feeling that a different world separates He-Man and She-Ra, when it might be more beneficial for the POP cast to be seen alongside the MOTU characters and interacting with them more.
    I think, if this happens in the series, we will see more PoP characters appear as random, nameless, bacdkground characters who get murdered and tossed aside like Flutterina was. The only way to have them in significant roles (with names and speaking parts), where they aren't sword fodder, would be to have a separate PoP comic focusing on Etheria. Too much is going on in Eternia to focus properly on two, full casts of characters (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 8, 2013 at 12:04pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post

That is really cool. I hope DC includes these in the next trade paperback.

Well, I've given this comic 6 issues...... and the horrible dialogue hasn't improved - time for me to jump off.

What annoyed me the most was the lack of respect for the source material highlighted by the snarky comments e.g Mek to Fisto about his name.

Also - I cant believe how they managed to make Teela so unlikeable.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I would love to see She-Ra get her own comic series as well, but I think integrating her in to MOTU's series was an excellent move on the creator's part. I prefer to think of both properties as one, big happy family and was pretty ecstatic to see how much importance has been placed right off the bat on Adora. Very unexpected but very welcomed.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

The whole Adora/Hordak/Shadow Weaver dynamic was always going to be a fertile playground if taken seriously and I think they would've had to work hard to ever mess that up. Though her outfit could've been better I feel.

That part is very familiar to us and I think therefore we all are loving that part of the comic. I just wish they would look to applying the same logic to the rest of it. ie what's good about the comic is the stuff that's familiar and what's not good is the new stuff that really doesn't feel like MOTU at all.

Least that's what i think.
    Other opinions are of course available!
    www.eamonart.com

In some ways i get what you mean, i hated the live action movie for the fact that they took the masters out from Eternia and brought them to Earth.

WHAT FOR?????

But with Adora on Eternia, i don´t mind, i´m glad she is used in new DC MOTU now i hope we get to see some Great Rebellion members and she finally becomes She-Ra those things can happen on Eternia or Etheria i don´t care as long as they happen!!!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'm glad the MOTU artist of the moment is Axel Gimenez ,just saying .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I read it last night night and I thought it was awesome. Loved seeing what Stratos's face looks like under the mask, Mekaneck's kewl way of dispatching a HT, and the scene with Teela and Adora, starting to accept her true self, and the scene with BC...pretty awesome!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

I thought Mekaneck’s little jibe at Fisto regarding the latter’s name was hilarious. I like that. Basically making fun of the, admittedly, pretty ridiculous names. I'm starting to like Mekaneck a lot in this series.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    The comic store I go to hasn't received issue #6 yet.
    Does Galactus fart?

Making fun of the names we grew up loving?! Why would you do that?

I thought Fisto was being a bit mean spirited to Mekaneck to be honest. "She didn't fancy you anyway" much like school boy.
    Maybe they want Fisto to be unpleasant?!
    www.eamonart.com

Eamon, you have to remember that Fisto has always been characterized as a bit of a rough brute. In filmation, he started out as a bad guy. In MYP, he was a sour bully with family issues. Only the Clash of Arms minicomic presented him with an almost knight-like personality. I think that the rough Fisto has more depth of character than Sir Fisto. That is why I think the friendly ribbing he gives the others is more his style.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Loved the art in this issue! A very big thumbs up to Axel! Hordak is beginning to look more like Hordak!! The writing was good…I'm just really having a difficult time dealing with the destruction of Castle Grayskull. The fortress at the center of the universe that holds the secrets to EVERYTHING! I just don't get how that's possible.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!