Thread: Gravity - The movie that will kick your butt!!! A MUST see!!!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World

Gravity - The movie that will kick your butt!!! A MUST see!!!!!

Hey gang Just got back not long ago from seeing the 7pm showing of Gravity in 3D at my local theater. My nerves are still shot

I can honestly say that the visuals and cinematography are incredibly impressive!!! Although all of the events of the movie are a bit far fetched, the effects are so realistic that you actually feel like you are along for the ride and it is ONE HELL OF A RIDE!!!!!

IF YOU EVER SEE A MOVIE IN 3D, THIS IS THE ONE TO SEE!!!! This movie was made to be watched in 3D and it truly immerses you in the story. The acting is pretty solid throughout as well.

DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND GO SEE THIS STUNNING PIECE OF WORK!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!! sorry for all of the cap's

Saw it on Friday, and it was amazing. Definitely a must-see on the big screen. Preferably 3D IMAX.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Saw it on Friday, and it was amazing. Definitely a must-see on the big screen. Preferably 3D IMAX.
    I agree 100% Even with an outstanding home theater setup, the BIG SCREEN is the way to go on this great flick!!!!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Yep. Saw it on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I had ZERO interest in this movie. but I am a big proponent of using the medium to it's fullest, so if you guys are saying this movie is made for big screen big sound 3d affair, I think I'll check it out.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I had ZERO interest in this movie. but I am a big proponent of using the medium to it's fullest, so if you guys are saying this movie is made for big screen big sound 3d affair, I think I'll check it out.
    You WONT regret it!!!! It is FANTASTIC!!!

Interesting theory about the ending. ONLY CLICK IF YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/did-gra...195959701.html

What do you guys think of this theory? I think it is reaching myself, and sort of goes against what the director was leading up to, but it's still interesting to ponder.

From what I've seen of it, it's garbage.

How many times can something go wrong and they go flying around space.

I think both actors are terrible anyway.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

So, you've not actually... uh... seen it? LOL.

You should reserve judgement until you actually watch it. I did mention that some of the events of the movie were far fetched BUT that does not change the fact that it is incredibly well done and the coolest movie experience I've had all year. It is frankly nice to see something out there that is not a spin off or another tired sequel!!! What is genuinely GREAT about this movie is the cinematography.

In any case, it sounds like you have already pre-judged it ahead of time so you probably should not bother. Just leave it to folks with an open mind and a desire to see something truly worth the price of admission!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    From what I've seen of it, it's garbage.

How many times can something go wrong and they go flying around space.

I think both actors are terrible anyway.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    You should reserve judgement until you actually watch it. I did mention that some of the events of the movie were far fetched BUT that does not change the fact that it is incredibly well done and the coolest movie experience I've had all year. It is frankly nice to see something out there that is not a spin off or another tired sequel!!! What is genuinely GREAT about this movie is the cinematography.

In any case, it sounds like you have already pre-judged it ahead of time so you probably should not bother. Just leave it to folks with an open mind and a desire to see something truly worth the price of admission!!!!
    I think the point you need to understand here is that the marketing for the film is terrible. I have no idea what the movie is about from the ads; do they spend the whole movie chasing after the astronaut that floated off? I had no plans to see it, and still don't, not having a clue what the story actually is. Movies aren't cheap these days, and if they want me to shell out the money, the moviemakers have to give me a good reason to do so. I wasn't planning on seeing Hellboy back in the day, but the ads I saw made me interested enough to give it a try, and I loved it. On the other hand, Brave's ads gave me no clue what the tale was about, and had it not been a Pixar film, I likely would have skipped it altogether.

I'm a story and character guy; cinematography doesn't do anything for me unless it's used to enhance and tell a good tale. Here, I've been given no clue what that story might even be, so there's nothing to draw me into the theater.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think the point you need to understand here is that the marketing for the film is terrible. I have no idea what the movie is about from the ads; do they spend the whole movie chasing after the astronaut that floated off? I had no plans to see it, and still don't, not having a clue what the story actually is. Movies aren't cheap these days, and if they want me to shell out the money, the moviemakers have to give me a good reason to do so. I wasn't planning on seeing Hellboy back in the day, but the ads I saw made me interested enough to give it a try, and I loved it. On the other hand, Brave's ads gave me no clue what the tale was about, and had it not been a Pixar film, I likely would have skipped it altogether.

I'm a story and character guy; cinematography doesn't do anything for me unless it's used to enhance and tell a good tale. Here, I've been given no clue what that story might even be, so there's nothing to draw me into the theater.
    I plan on seeing it based on the reaction in this thread, but you are correct, the marketing was AWFUL. like I said earlier, looking at it I can't imagine it will be any good! the trailers were so uninteresting!! but I will see it now. well this week lol
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think the marketing of a film is more important now than ever; so much of a movie's success seems based on the first week's box office that the film may be on the way out by the time good word of mouth gets around. A good movie could wind up doing poorly if the ads and previews fail to bring folks off the couch and into the theater.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Master of New Adventures!
    Really looking forward to seeing this film this week.

As an aside, do you think it is age-appropriate for my fourteen-year old son and eleven-year old daughter? I'm not worried about the action elements. My primary concern is nudity and overt sexual overtones.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Hey gang Just got back not long ago from seeing the 7pm showing of Gravity in 3D at my local theater. My nerves are still shot

I can honestly say that the visuals and cinematography are incredibly impressive!!! Although all of the events of the movie are a bit far fetched, the effects are so realistic that you actually feel like you are along for the ride and it is ONE HELL OF A RIDE!!!!!

IF YOU EVER SEE A MOVIE IN 3D, THIS IS THE ONE TO SEE!!!! This movie was made to be watched in 3D and it truly immerses you in the story. The acting is pretty solid throughout as well.

DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND GO SEE THIS STUNNING PIECE OF WORK!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!! sorry for all of the cap's

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing this film this week.

As an aside, do you think it is age-appropriate for my fourteen-year old son and eleven-year old daughter? I'm not worried about the action elements. My primary concern is nudity and overt sexual overtones.

Thanks.
    Yes, it is age appropriate. There are no nude scenes or sexual overtones.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Master of New Adventures!
    Thanks MM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Yes, it is age appropriate. There are no nude scenes or sexual overtones.

I'd don't disagree that the marketing has been a bit so-so to me. But, it definitely is much better than any trailers might have you believe. It's a weird one, because it really is more of an "experience" with a very personal core rather than a plot where you go from A to B to C.

Just watched Gravity 3D IMAX. Um yes.....a very good movie. Lots of emotion came out of it for me. Fear could be the most intense & raw emotion. Simply about a persons WILL to survive. My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed it start to finish. Try putting yourself in that position. Could you have done it? In terms of having minimum training time she had from NASA.

I thought the marketing told me plenty enough to make me want to see it. Sandra Bullock plays an astronaut who gets stranded in space. Does she survive? If so, how? That's all I needed--although I did want to know it wasn't going to be just one long death scene. I saw it Saturday and was blown away by how emotionally it affected me. Even letting myself get spoiled I was still caught up in the suspense. I have no idea who will or won't like it. One of my friends said he thought it didn't do anything to make you care about the characters before throwing them into peril and then didn't develop any of them. I kindly disagreed with him about that. Some people only like the FX, some people only like the emotional investment, other people think one or both are actually lacking. I loved it though, so I can only recommend it and hope you have the good experience I had.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406