Thread: Marvel Knights Spider-Man ...with colors by yours truly!

Marvel Knights Spider-Man ...with colors by yours truly!

I love all my comic work, but this one is a particular favorite. There's a lot of experimentation and hidden meaning in both the art and the colors, from subtle to bold. I really poured a lot into this comic. It's received a heap of praise and invoked some intense anger. I'm proud to be part of something that drums up that type of emotion.

My apologies for bragging, but this is one I wanted to boast about for those who may be interested in what I do for a living. You can click here to check out a preview of it online at CBR.

Has anyone checked it out? Did you like the issue? Hate it? I'm curious.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Just looking at the preview pages there, I think it's really cool! Very unique, indeed! Great work my friend!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Looking good.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I like it, but I'm probably not informed enough about comic books to articulate why. I like the juxtaposition of cold skin tone and warm backgrounds. I'm not a huge comic book reader though, so it's like a casual music fan discussing why they like song "X".

Maybe you can give some of your philosophy behind the colors?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Looks great! You did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't know about this.

Just going by the preview.....

That art(style) is quite different. It's like hallucinetic(eh. it's a word now) trip.

As for the coloring, I think this art-style (new phrase) really really takes away from the coloring.

You asked if I hate it. No I don't.

coloring looks fine, suits the look of the comic.

The artwork itself...not really feeling it.

--UPDATE--

finally bought it.

The coloring was nice.

I hated everything else. Hated the pencils. Hated the character design (Peter looked a lot like Matt Smith to me). Hated the story (what I could make of it). By the end of the comic I had no idea what was happening and what was worse...I didn't care. It didn't leave me wanting to know what happens next, quite the opposite in fact, I was glad I had finally finished it.

sorry if I am sounding harsh but you did ask our opinions and mine is, apart from your coloring, it was a terrible comic.

considering they did the parts I hated could you tell Matt Kindt and Marco Rudy I want two thirds of my money back?
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 12, 2013 at 11:57pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery