Thread: The Blacklist - Discussion

The Blacklist - Discussion

Just saw the pilot episode for this show and I am already hooked.

The general plot of the show is that Raymond Reddington was a naval officer who became a criminal, selling information to various terrorists, which earned him a spot on the most wanted list. Then one day he walks into the FBI HQ and simply hands himself in. He then offers them information on a supposedly dead terrorist but on the grounds that he will only talk to Agent Keen and that they keep him in the luxurious lifestyle that he has grown accustomed to.

He later reveals that he has an entire list of super criminals that the FBI don't even know exist and that he will help them catch them all, but the same rules apply (mainly the one about only talking to Keen)

With it's Hannibal-esque central character Raymond Reddington (played perfectly by James Spader), his fellow lead Elizabeth Keen, a recently graduated FBI profiler that he seems to have some obsession over and it's crisp, tense writing...I am absolutely loving this.

Anyone else enjoying this show?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Just finished watching the second episode on Hulu and I concur that this is a great show so far. I've always thought Spader as an excellent actor, ever since I first saw him in Stargate. Personally I wish he had continued in the role of Daniel Jackson on SG-1.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I don't know, they act like Reddington is so dangerous he needs the Magneto/Hannibal treatment until they take him outside where he easily escapes their custody twice...it's better than Hostages though IMO.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I thought the second episode was better than the first episode. I thought I'd seen too many of the same beats in other shows/movies with the first episode. It really was Spader and his great performance that kept me coming back. But, with the second episode I think they showed how fun the format could be. The huge cage rolling back is pretty silly, especially how freely they let him walk around at other points. LOL. But, I'm still in.

Ya the second episode was better then the first as they have got the character instructions out of the way and can get more into the meat of the story.

The huge cage is silly but for some reason I just like it, it just suits the feel of the show. Ya it makes little sense that they let him walk around freely but then they always have him under supervision and put a tracing device in his neck so they think they are covered. They just underestimate him...repeatedly.

as for the idea that he is Keen's father...well I think that is a bit too obvious so I am not sure if it is that.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Yeah, they seem to be playing with the idea

he's Keen's father a bit, but I think that's just to keep us guessing. No idea what the actual connection might be, though.

After this week's episode I really have no idea what his connection is to Keen

did anyone notice that the woman he searched in the database at the end of episode was name Molly and he at one point in the show calls Keen "Molly"? Sisters? And I really hope at this point he's NOT her father. I think I'd be disappointed. Every epi seems to point to that but it's trying so hard to make it obviously not obvious I really don't know. Oh and did Tom and Red recognize each other? That was an awkward conversation outside the hospital! I figure if Tom is as bad as Red says, he probably knows who Red is...

Liking this show more than I thought I would. More than SHIELD

Yeah, it kinda gets more confusing as we go along. But the villains are very good.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117