Thread: MOTU Legion of Horror art by Frankie Washington

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

MOTU Legion of Horror art by Frankie Washington

I've started a thread in support of Ted Mayer's Green Concept Witch in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209996

My thought was to create a "Legion of Horror" led by the green witch and featuring the Horde Mummy (freed from the Horde's control), Scare Glow (working on some unholy scheme behind Skeletor's back) and zombie Megator (this time raised by the witch).

I asked my good buddy and talented artiste Frankie B. Washington if he could draw up some sketches. Frankie has worked on the Marvel Upper Deck art cards, the upcoming 'Penny Dreadful's Cauldron of Terror' comic, and many other cool projects. He was kind enough to create and color these great images!

Other "horrific" concept characters from MOTU's past could be incorporated into this Legion as well.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I love it. So much fun. So ghoulish...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

This is cool! Another villianious faction is always welcome in my opinion. The witch being the leader would be awesome. Also, the Horrorsaur concept definetly needs to be part of this line up.

Movie mayhem!
    These are great! I really hope these come to be! I think it would be cool if maybe there was one or two more members. Perhaps some cool filmation character or something. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    These are great! I really hope these come to be! I think it would be cool if maybe there was one or two more members. Perhaps some cool filmation character or something. Any thoughts?
    I'd say Evilseed, Lord Masque, Shokoti, Darkdream and maybe Fang Man would work with this group. Personally, I'd like to see Evilseed in MOTUC with the same design like in MYP, but with his cloak from FILMation. Also, "Mummy" could do with a more Classics spelling. What about something like Muh-Me or Mum-Ee? Nah, that sounds kinda stupid. What about Phear-Oh? Give him a headress and he's all set.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Great work! Zombie Megator come out really good in his drawing version!
    I also suggest Dark Riders (from The Price of Power) and Shadow Weaver without hood
    This is my version of Shadow Weaver I did in the past...

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    sweet pics.
    Does Galactus fart?

Very good, love it.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Those are EXCELLENT!! Thanks for sharing Penny!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Glad you folks liked Frankie's renditions!

I think Darkdream would be a perfect addition to the scary gang! Also, maybe the concept witch could be a disciple of Shokoti or something.

Alessandra, I really like your Shadow Weaver without the hood! I'm sure that is exactly what she would look like without it!

These are excellent and the idea is excellent.

I really like the whole Shokoti tie-in. Consider Throwing in Lord Masque. Maybe even a "shade" of Lord Masque that the Witch character answers to or something.

The way the group is set up, it would work to have a "ghostly" leader behind the scenes that's "still" trying to free Shokoti.

Like you mentioned, Witch would be a true disciple but to the Shokoti cause via Lord Masque.

Regardless, love the idea and the art is awesome.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Now we just need the story of why they got together and how they are able to control Megator!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Now we just need the story of why they got together and how they are able to control Megator!
    'Legion of Horror':

The rise, once again, of the Snake Men, posed an incalculable threat to the whole of Eternia. One of the sacred weapons which may have defeated Hssss, The Hammer of Laemmle, gave the wielder domain over the undead. It had long been thought lost, though a shard remained, crafted into a wand by lower order witch Sultress.
    She brought this wand to both Skeletor and the resurrected Hordak, both of whom refused her. Long shunned by her Gar contemporaries, Sultress was the offspring of a Gar man and a Kaligar mother. Her father had abandoned her since birth and, raised by her mother in the swamps of the forest, she had honed her mundane magic, enhanced by a Trollan hat dyed with shadowbeast blood.
    Feeling betrayed by the evil masters she offered assistance to, she used the Hammer of Laemmle wand to lure and control Scare Glow from Skeletor's army while also reanimating the mummified corpse of an ancient, fallen Horde general, a Horde Mummy.
    On any given battlefield, this trio could raise an army of ghosts from the fallen warriors buried deep beneath the ground and, briefly, order them against any foe, however numerous. They damaged the ranks of the snake men and raised a zombie of the ancient ogre Megator to aid them in their battles.
    They traverse Eternia in reanimated dragon remains called the 'Battle Bones' and have made their home on the plain of Karloff at the base of the Mystic Mountains, in their 'Mortress', a haunted temple.
    Last edited by Moominsthenmotu; June 29, 2011 at 08:44am.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Very cool Moominsthenmotu! I like the Universal references to Carl Laemmle and Boris Karloff! I'm also guessing the fact that the sacred weapon is a Hammer references Hammer films. Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    'Legion of Horror':

The rise, once again, of the Snake Men, posed an incalculable threat to the whole of Eternia. One of the sacred weapons which may have defeated Hssss, The Hammer of Laemmle, gave the wielder domain over the undead. It had long been thought lost, though a shard remained, crafted into a wand by lower order witch Sultress.
    She brought this wand to both Skeletor and the resurrected Hordak, both of whom refused her. Long shunned by her Gar contemporaries, Sultress was the offspring of a Gar man and a Kaligar mother. Her father had abandoned her since birth and, raised by her mother in the swamps of the forest, she had honed her mundane magic, enhanced by a Trollan hat dyed with shadowbeast blood.
    Feeling betrayed by the evil masters she offered assistance to, she used the Hammer of Laemmle wand to lure and control Scare Glow from Skeletor's army while also reanimating the mummified corpse of an ancient, fallen Horde general, a Horde Mummy.
    On any given battlefield, this trio could raise an army of ghosts from the fallen warriors buried deep beneath the ground and, briefly, order them against any foe, however numerous. They damaged the ranks of the snake men and raised a zombie of the ancient ogre Megator to aid them in their battles.
    They traverse Eternia in reanimated dragon remains called the 'Battle Bones' and have made their home on the plain of Karloff at the base of the Mystic Mountains, in their 'Mortress', a haunted temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Very cool Moominsthenmotu! I like the Universal references to Carl Laemmle and Boris Karloff! I'm also guessing the fact that the sacred weapon is a Hammer references Hammer films. Nicely done!
    You are correct Mademoiselle Dreadful! I bow to your brainiac horror encyclopedia!
    Incidentally, if you have not seen this already, checkout/ seek out the 2010 BBC series 'A History of Horror' presented by UK actor Mark Gatiss. They may be on YouTube or UK Nova. Sublime series!

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Court Magician
    Looooove these concepts! Would be awesome to have in real life!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    'Legion of Horror':

This is just fantastic! Great work!

Thanks! These, or Herman and the Munsters of the Universe would make a great Halloween tie in set. Penny Dreadful, have a great Halloween, i trust you've recovered from SDCC?!

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Good ones, Penny!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I've started a thread in support of Ted Mayer's Green Concept Witch in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209996

My thought was to create a "Legion of Horror" led by the green witch and featuring the Horde Mummy (freed from the Horde's control), Scare Glow (working on some unholy scheme behind Skeletor's back) and zombie Megator (this time raised by the witch).

I asked my good buddy and talented artiste Frankie B. Washington if he could draw up some sketches. Frankie has worked on the Marvel Upper Deck art cards, the upcoming 'Penny Dreadful's Cauldron of Terror' comic, and many other cool projects. He was kind enough to create and color these great images!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...egionWitch.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...egionMummy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ionMegator.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nScareGlow.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onofHorror.jpg

Other "horrific" concept characters from MOTU's past could be incorporated into this Legion as well.
    Heck, it's Hallowe'en so i raise this thread from the dead! Happy Hallowe'en everybody!