Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Why ... a scuba diver ..... in space !?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,755

    Why ... a scuba diver ..... in space !?

    Obviously talking about Hydron what was the logic of having a scuba diver walking around in broad daylight wearing his full gear (oxigen mask, duck feet and all) ?

    I know i'm referring to a series where walking skeletons with eyes make sense, but what i want to know is if there was some purpose to this character, like something he was meant to do or be that really demanded him to be a scuba diver in space?

    PRobably mister Olesker is the right person to address this?

  2. #2
    *batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Obviously talking about Hydron what was the logic of having a scuba diver walking around in broad daylight wearing his full gear (oxigen mask, duck feet and all) ?

    I know i'm referring to a series where walking skeletons with eyes make sense, but what i want to know is if there was some purpose to this character, like something he was meant to do or be that really demanded him to be a scuba diver in space?

    PRobably mister Olesker is the right person to address this?
    I always figured that the scuba diver suit was also a space suit.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

    www.hemanworld.com

  3. #3
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I always figured that the scuba diver suit was also a space suit.
    It would, if not for those bloody duck feet

  4. #4
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,310
    'Logic'? You ask for logic in an entertainment realm in which we've got a silver-clad surfer surfing through outer space ON A SURFBOARD?!!!

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    'Logic'? You ask for logic in an entertainment realm in which we've got a silver-clad surfer surfing through outer space ON A SURFBOARD?!!!
    Agreed. There are so many characters just in the MOTU universe that defy logic, why single out a scuba diver in space?

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,456
    Astronauts practice in pools, and considering his harness could serve as a space engineered outfit I can see this being ok. The flipper feet, I'm sure it's only used for water and when he's aboard Starship Eternia, he does dress down and adapt to the environments and conditions when in battle.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  7. #7
    Skeletors Plastic Surgeon Pyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California, USA
    Posts
    878
    Well...because brother...it was the aweful 90's....what the heck made sense then??

    There are a lot of characters for the MOTU universe from that series but I, and even my kids, cant stand them...they sucked and killed the series more than the 200x figure distribution. It was a terrible series that only the 90's and a desperate effort could bring.

    Why a Scuba-diving space character? Because it made as much sense as Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer. It was a phase in history we wish we could forget, but have to accept.

  8. #8
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly:3345901
    According to the UK annual, Hydron originated from the undersea city Orca, hence why he's wearing the scubasuit. The German comics went even further, telling that he spent much of his time searching the waters for a villain called "The Red Shan" who once killed Hydron's entire clan.
    This is more or less the kind of answer I've been hoping to get
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    507
    Plus, little known fact: fins help out lots when 'swimming' throught the aether of space!
    ... well, okay, maybe not but they still LOOK cool!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •