Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whoa, just watched all of the MYP. Oh my.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I just finished watching the 200X MYP series for the first time and have to say I LOVED it!! The animation, storyline, characters...they were all great!

And I have to humbly admit that I am a little sad that it is over. So much more could/should have been done.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Eh, it's just an old show. No reason to make a big fuss about it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Eh, it's just an old show. No reason to make a big fuss about it, IMO.
    Well, in that case, there's no reason for you to say there is no reason to make a big fuss about it, IMHO.

MYP 200x is the best He-Man show, hands down.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Wow. I just finished 200x. It's a shame that it couldn't get one more season. MYP Horde was going to be downright evil!

I only had one problem with MYP and that was Sorceress,s Queen Nefertiti look . Why the drastic remodel ? . They ruined Sorceress and made her alien , unattractive and aloof .

Other than that i loved the show and am also annoyed it ended so soon . I loved seeing Skeletor have an origin story .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

I love the MYP show. The writing was far superior to the original show, lots more action, more brutal and none of those dumb cutesy talking animals and such.

My only complaint is that it ended JUST as it was about to get even more awesome. I was so looking forward to seeing the Horde invade and then the Masters would have had to take on 3 evil factions at once!

I think what killed the show was the scheduling. In my area it was broadcast at 11:30 Saturday night!
    MOTUC most wanted: Skelcons, Satma, Lord Masque, Vultak, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warrior, Horde Wraith, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Catra Cat Form, Evil Seed 200X, Old Man Marzo 200X, Prahvus, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Skeletor's Robot Knights, Lady Slither, Lady Valtira

I believe scheduling did kill the show. If I'm not mistaken, it originally came on at like 7 pm on Saturday night during a block of other cartoons. Then like all other cartoon network shows they started moving it around and I don't think it ever had another "set" time. I also believe this was before having a DVR was commonplace so no one was "taping" it for later.

I agree, it's a real shame it didn't keep going. I looked forward to what they were going to do.
    Your witness Mr. Birdbrain.

There was an article somewhere about the head of Cartoon Network( he just got fired )and the article talks about how he just axed anything that did well ( even mentioned the MYP stuff). Wish i could find it.

Edit-- seems i was wrong or mis-understood that.. it was a article talking about shows that should come back since the exec--Stu Synder is leaving

I loved the MYP stuff too. the writing got better and better and they seemed to develop the character well and up the ante each story arc.
    Last edited by ksharpe; May 16, 2014 at 04:49pm.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I used to love Cartoon Network way, way back in the day. After a while though, I realized that they just destroyed numerous good shows (and sometimes the properties with them) with absolutely whimsical scheduling.

Loved this show when it came on....used to record on VCR every week. Yes some of the "posing" was a little off-putting...but was definately en-vogue for animation at the time. good writing / good animation / carefully thought out character designs (agree not a big fan of the sorceress though)....Still watch the complete series occasionally on dvd. Too bad it didn't continue...from the shuffling of the airtimes and the ridiculously difficult to find action figures and WAY too many he-mans and variants...it was destined to fail (commercially) when it did. Glad you enjoyed it and nice to see some fans just now discovering the series.

Best show EVER. I'm raising my kid on MYP He-Man... Not that Filmation version. (Though, he does love watching She-Ra,)
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I love the 2002 series. Hard to believe it's been 12 years old already. I think it perfectly blends the Filmation characterizations, and
    some of the light hearted moments, with the darker Batman:TAS tone the minicomics the 1980's toys came with. The 200X Toys are pretty
    great too. I wish they had ironed out the distribution issues with them sooner though. Parents gave up pretty quick when they couldn't
    get the second stringers for their kids in stores. That's not the sole reason it ended before its time, but IMO it was one of the big ones.

I guess there's that rare chance if they do another MOTU show, they get the 2002 cast back again. Brian Dobson's Skeletor was ACE. I mean COME ON!

Granted that was edited to comedic effect. But that scene sold it for me the first time I saw it.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?