Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday sale?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Not very good. Last year they said the 30th anniversary figures were not going to be on sale again in the future.
    Thanks! I guess there is no chance to have the "Blue Mer-Man vs Aquaman" 2-pack too ...
    I'm hoping for Octavia at least ...

no they never sold the 2 packs... but TRU's still have them, keep hunting around!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I've done amazingly well out of the past BF/CM sales, they have filled major holes in my collection and I got figures such as Teela, MAA, Scare-Glow and Tri-Klops for below DOS prices.
    I doubt I will be so fruitful this year as most of the figures I need now are rare or sub-only.

If I just can snag a Ram Man, even at full price, I will be overjoyed!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Widget
    Ram Man full price? I'm all in too! Better then a Ram Man overpriced on ebay!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm new to the line so I've never done a Matty Black Friday/Cyber Monday. How do they work (prices, whats available, etc.) and what time does stuff usually get listed? Any other tips to use to snag the good stuff? I've hear Matty site can be a bugger to order from especially during sale stuff. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by conan050 View Post
    I'm new to the line so I've never done a Matty Black Friday/Cyber Monday. How do they work (prices, whats available, etc.) and what time does stuff usually get listed? Any other tips to use to snag the good stuff? I've hear Matty site can be a bugger to order from especially during sale stuff. Thanks!
    Mattel will give us some details soon, so just stay tuned
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer1 View Post
    Thanks! I guess there is no chance to have the "Blue Mer-Man vs Aquaman" 2-pack too ...
    TRU by me had 2 of those packs yesterday...

got a MEF, hurricane hordak and Cheif Carnivus for 10US each last year. Awesomeness. Expecting to buy loads of NA this year

I got Trap Jaw and Stratos for $18.88 each shipped last year. Hoping for good stuff this year!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

I'm worried everyone is going to be disappointed by this year's sale. Supposedly all pre-2012 stock was sold out already via last year's sale and this year's Early Access, and virtually ever 2012 figure has also been confirmed sold out now. All that will really leave is some 2013 figures, right (does anyone really believe Nepthu sold out)?
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I'm worried everyone is going to be disappointed by this year's sale. Supposedly all pre-2012 stock was sold out already via last year's sale and this year's Early Access, and virtually ever 2012 figure has also been confirmed sold out now. All that will really leave is some 2013 figures, right (does anyone really believe Nepthu sold out)?
    Their original statement is incorrect, scott says they were wrong as when they went through the warehouse they found stuff that sold out which includes wind raiders, 2 items that have just 100 units left, and more pre 2013 stock.

He also said however, no 2013 item will be discounted, just put up at regular price on bf.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Their original statement is incorrect, scott says they were wrong as when they went through the warehouse they found stuff that sold out which includes wind raiders, 2 items that have just 100 units left, and more pre 2013 stock.
    Which completely baffles me - particularly since he said they found a large amount of the Wind Raiders.

How do you not know how many you produced vs. how many you have sold? Even if they didn't check that figure, it speaks to really poor inventory control at the warehouse. It's just crazy thinking that anything can get "lost" like that as inventory should be recorded when it's brought in and when it's brought out. There should be several ways to detect this.

It's good for us - but does not speak well at all to them having any sort of handle on their product, which makes me doubt quite a few things over the years that have been said about inventory or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofteela View Post
    which completely baffles me - particularly since he said they found a large amount of the wind raiders.

How do you not know how many you produced vs. How many you have sold? Even if they didn't check that figure, it speaks to really poor inventory control at the warehouse. It's just crazy thinking that anything can get "lost" like that as inventory should be recorded when it's brought in and when it's brought out. There should be several ways to detect this.

It's good for us - but does not speak well at all to them having any sort of handle on their product, which makes me doubt quite a few things over the years that have been said about inventory or lack thereof.
    DIGITAL RIVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    And let's not throw around the word "legalities". Customer service stock is for customer service purposes. I don't think they're legally required to have replacement stock. Offering a refund for damaged merchandise works well enough.
    Yes, lets not forget last years sale with Voltron Black Lion going on sale on black friday, only weeks after its original sale date. There was no CS stock left for international customers who either had damaged lions or in the worst case lions that never got delivered so people had unfinished voltrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer1 View Post
    Icer, they still have a bunch of those around by me, send me a PM.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Court Magician
    Last year's Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales are what finally convinced me to collect this line in earnest and start subbbing this year. I was able to get so many figures at a huge discount. The low prices really help to soften the blow of overpaying for the rarer stuff. Psyched to see what's on offer this year!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post

He also said however, no 2013 item will be discounted, just put up at regular price on bf.
    Sounds like they found those missing Fistos that subscribers never got.......

Heroic Warrior
    What time of day does it start. I can't remember if it was 9a.m. pacific or earlier. I want to say it was earlier on some days but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    DIGITAL RIVER.
    Not this stuff, though. DR's warehouse only has for-sale stuff. All the other stock that isn't currently for sale is in Mattel warehouses.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Sounds like they found those missing Fistos that subscribers never got.......
    My god... if they end up selling some Fistos... that's so evil. :P

Court Magician
    Hooray for selling fisto!! Seriously though, that would be awesome.
    Looking to buy mustached mat arms head
    Zoar from Teela
    And Hordak's crossbow

lol....come down from the clouds.

Court Magician
    But it's so pretty up here....
    Looking to buy mustached mat arms head
    Zoar from Teela
    And Hordak's crossbow

yeah but you're blocking my sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Not this stuff, though. DR's warehouse only has for-sale stuff. All the other stock that isn't currently for sale is in Mattel warehouses.
    Isn't digital river supposed to handle inventory and sales tracking? The mattel team for matty seems to be a skeleton crew at best.