Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Spinnerella...why is she so expensive?

Oh Spinnerella...why is she so expensive?

Hey guys! Asking a question here (but it's marketplace related too.. so don't worry!)

Why is she so expensive/rare? Did they make less of her or something?

PS. I have her mini-comic i think? (Where hope has gone) ?? ... i have NO idea it's worth though Anyone?

Yes, she was the last produced POP figure when the line was canceled..so there is smaller number of Spinnerella figures.

Thanks for the tip! Makes sense now why Bubble Power she-ra, Netossa and Shower Power??? Catra are expensive. Guess she was the last of the last line.

By the way guys. I have Spinnerella's comic.. but also i think her comb? It's a deep/bright pink right? Not the pale pink / lilac. I'm pretty sure it's hers. Perhaps i'm building her piece by piece without even knowing hahahaha

Dont forget Loo-Kee, Royal Swift Wind and Silver Storm...they all are the last wave (with all those you mentioned), and all are expensive/rare.

I just hope that when she gets done for classics, they do her justice. So far, there hasn't been any cloth on any figures. It's going to be interesting to see the 4H pey tribute to her vintage look. BUT HEY, on the up side, that means we'll get another chance at adding her to our shelves. (or in my case the mantle)

I'd love to get hold of them.. i don't have the sort of money though! Even if i did, odds on finding them are slim anyway. I look forward to seeing her in the classics line too! I do wonder how they'll work with her.

I just broke down and made a custom version (If I can get the original for a good price I still will though)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Haha yeah, she's definitely one i want. I have her Mini-comic and comb (not sure why). I'm just missing everything else.......

I myself would love to have her base.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    i am missing her shield... would love to get ahold of that piece. then, i think my collection would be 100%.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

I have the actual doll, but none of the accessories. I bought a very nice custom outfit off eBay which I am very happy with. This past week, I saw one of her cuffs on eBay for $200...it made the custom outfit look even better to me!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Just to have the actual doll would be cool! You're all very lucky!

- - - Updated - - -

How much do her accessories sell for? I saw her arm accessory for a crazy price... but what about her shield/back/comb etc?

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    the only one i remember for sure was her shield went for, like, $20 all by itself, but that was at LEAST 5 years ago? so, i have no idea what stuff goes for anymore... i kind of stopped looking... though i regret not bidding on that shield!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    the only one i remember for sure was her shield went for, like, $20 all by itself, but that was at LEAST 5 years ago? so, i have no idea what stuff goes for anymore... i kind of stopped looking... though i regret not bidding on that shield!
    It's crazy isn't it? I have her comb and mini-comic if anyone is struggling to complete her. I've pretty much told myself i will never get her and decided to sell the POP figures i have.. they are on the POP market place if anyone is interested

I got a Spinnerella about a year ago for a price I believe to be very good.....it was $250. She was missing the spinning base and shield, and crown, but had an arm band and skirt. I would really like to get that other arm band, but I'm not paying $200 just for a band when I bought 70% of a complete figure for only $50 more.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I got a Spinnerella about a year ago for a price I believe to be very good.....it was $250. She was missing the spinning base and shield, and crown, but had an arm band and skirt. I would really like to get that other arm band, but I'm not paying $200 just for a band when I bought 70% of a complete figure for only $50 more.
    That's a really good price! She was up a week or two ago for a few hundred $$. She only had her skirt.. I just can't bring myself to do it!!

There is one arm band on ebay for $200 right now. Which is crazy as the doll w/skirt was on ebay for only $250.

Quote Originally Posted by headache79 View Post
    There is one arm band on ebay for $200 right now. Which is crazy as the doll w/skirt was on ebay for only $250.
    I know, crazy! I guess that's why it's not selling

Cuff marked down to $185. Spinnerella comb at starting bid 99 cents. It's too bad so many Spinnerella's have to be put together piece-meal.

I've wished for a couple years that Mattel would do some sort of Princess of Power Commemorative Collection like they did with Masters of the Universe a few years back. Just a handful of the hard-to-find figures including those last 5 figures.

There is a MOC Spinnerella (misspelled as "Spinerella" in the listing) on Etsy right now. If I had $7500 burning a hole in my pocket right now she would be mine!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicat View Post
    There is a MOC Spinnerella (misspelled as "Spinerella" in the listing) on Etsy right now. If I had $7500 burning a hole in my pocket right now she would be mine!
    $7500 is a ridiculous price!
    I've looked at the piece on Etsy and yes it's MOC Spinnerella (US Card) but for that price I wasn't expecting a horrible yellowed bubble and the fact that Spinney's head is to one-side in the bubble, it's not a great display piece IMO. It should be half that price. MOC Spinneys normally have nice clear bubbles and collectors prefer her to be facing head on.
    IT WON'T SELL.

I am glad to hear that $7500 is ridiculous! Having only been collecting for about a year, I have never seen a MOC Spinnerella listed and I really had no idea what is considered reasonable. I don't collect MOC so I don't know anything about packaging but I did notice that her head was facing to the side and knew from what I've read here that that detracts from her value. I pretty much have no chance of ever having any kind of Spinny - loose, MOC, or otherwise - in my collection barring a lottery win, but it's fun to look.

7500 is a completely ridiculous price! The US Carded Spinnerella is worth more than a Euro Carded Spinnerella, but not THAT much more. I'm not a pricing expert, but I'd say a US Carded Spinnerella is in the 2000-3000 range, not 7500. Euro Carded ones usually sell 1200-1700
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I saw that on Esty too and shook my head.

It will hopefully never sell for that price, otherwise it will encourage others with one to overcharge.

Lookee and Spinerella are crazy expensive. I have accepted that I will not collect either for my vintage collection. But I do plan on getting a custom of her done at a cheaper price...hopefully. Gotta get some quotes on that.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.