Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Spinnerella...why is she so expensive?

Must custum cost me about 25$ to do(most of that was the 20 I paid for the flutterina I used as a base(And I'd loooove a "commermorative series" too(worked well for the fs and motu why not other popular lines?)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    7500 is a completely ridiculous price! The US Carded Spinnerella is worth more than a Euro Carded Spinnerella, but not THAT much more. I'm not a pricing expert, but I'd say a US Carded Spinnerella is in the 2000-3000 range, not 7500. Euro Carded ones usually sell 1200-1700
    wow, i only paid 600$US for mine but that was years ago.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

UPDATE - A Euro (or Canadian) carded Spinny has showed up on eBay.
    The seller wants $5,500.... Absolutely ridiculous price!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Crazy! i'd love her... but never at that price!.... i prefer the way netossa looks anyway (she's hard enough to get herself)

Rediculus indeed I guess I'll just have to be saticified with my custom(It's not perfect but it's mine and I'm proud of the job I did on it)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Widget
    Hi! Im the seller , and if someone wants her , they have an opportunity to buy, dont even want to sell, but its an emergency somewhat...

Quote Originally Posted by POPGal View Post
    Hi! Im the seller , and if someone wants her , they have an opportunity to buy, dont even want to sell, but its an emergency somewhat...
    She's beautiful - good luck with you sale. Wish I could afford her!
    Has anyone else seen the custom Spinnerella pieces (spinner backpack, comb, and shield) that Starlight Studios is making? They have just shown up on ebay and here in the custom creations section. If anyone gets one, I would love to know if they are as cool as they look in the pictures!

I'm in negotiations for one now.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicat View Post
    She's beautiful - good luck with you sale. Wish I could afford her!
    Has anyone else seen the custom Spinnerella pieces (spinner backpack, comb, and shield) that Starlight Studios is making? They have just shown up on ebay and here in the custom creations section. If anyone gets one, I would love to know if they are as cool as they look in the pictures!
    Rhea and Salamandra from the .org bought them today, hopefully they will show them off.
    but i can tell you they look and function just like in the auctions and YouTube video.

And once I have it I'll give my own review too.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    UPDATE - A Euro (or Canadian) carded Spinny has showed up on eBay.
    The seller wants $5,500.... Absolutely ridiculous price!
    A ridiculous price I agree. It has now sold for a best offer - whatever that was? It was the European version with a lifted bubble so not mint, so no where near worth what the seller was asking.

The Canadian version is quite different to the European version in wording on the front and the back of the card and is also much rarer.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearfighter View Post
    A ridiculous price I agree. It has now sold for a best offer - whatever that was? It was the European version with a lifted bubble so not mint, so no where near worth what the seller was asking.

The Canadian version is quite different to the European version in wording on the front and the back of the card and is also much rarer.

$4500 to someone whose wonderful! and now has a mint on card spinny

- - - Updated - - -

thanks!

your good luck worked magicat! someone very lucky got her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearfighter View Post

btw just an fyi , it is MOC ( figure is Mint On her Card ) i didnt say mint card ...in listing i state any issues with card ,,, moc means figure is mint on its original card ...

Congrats POP Gal on your sale! You are right that someone very lucky got her. One day after I put my kids through college maybe I will be able to afford a Spinnerella! Of course, by then she will probably be $20,000 for a naked figure.

Widget
    Congrats POP Gal on your sale! You are right that someone very lucky got her. One day after I put my kids through college maybe I will be able to afford a Spinnerella! Of course, by then she will probably be $20,000 for a naked figure.

Thanks magicat! Probably eh,, lol,, .

(I miss her already, but she went to a good home)

In the hilarious irony department, the Starburst She-Ra variant I ordered from ebay arrived yesterday with a suspiciously dark pink comb instead of a comb the same light pink color as the shield and sword. Possibly a Spinny comb?

Probably! I picked one up for $2 once... hahaha.

In the hilarious irony department, the Starburst She-Ra variant I ordered from ebay arrived yesterday with a suspiciously dark pink comb instead of a comb the same light pink color as the shield and sword. Possibly a Spinny comb?
    That's how I wound up with my Spinny comb...it came in a lot and I was thrilled to get it!

I did pick up the Spinny accessories from Starlight - they are AWESOME!

I've purchased other items from the eBay seller who just sold the MOC one - she's a super seller, and I'm so glad to hear that the Spinnerella went to a great home! Someday, I hope to get a MOC Spinny, but I'm enjoying playing with my loose one.
    Last edited by Salamandra; February 6, 2014 at 10:46pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    That's how I wound up with my Spinny comb...it came in a lot and I was thrilled to get it!

I did pick up the Spinny accessories from Starlight - they are AWESOME!

I've purchased other items from the eBay seller who just sold the MOC one - she's a super seller, and I'm so glad to hear that the Spinnerella went to a great home! Someday, I hope to get a MOC Spinny, but I'm enjoying playing with my loose one.

Aww thanks! I try my best to make my customers as happy as I can!

I got my loose near complete (missing her crown) Spinnerella way back in 2003. Funny thing is she used to belong to another PoP fan on these boards. She honestly is stunning and it may have cost me an arm and a leg but I got her. I seriously hope that sometime somewhere out there someone finds a few cases of her abandoned in some old toy factory or Distribution center and there's enough that the price of her goes down drastically so everyone can own one.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I got my loose near complete (missing her crown) Spinnerella way back in 2003. Funny thing is she used to belong to another PoP fan on these boards. She honestly is stunning and it may have cost me an arm and a leg but I got her. I seriously hope that sometime somewhere out there someone finds a few cases of her abandoned in some old toy factory or Distribution center and there's enough that the price of her goes down drastically so everyone can own one.
    That that would be awesome!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Amen!

I am super jealous of anyone who has a real vintage one - they look amazing.

I did order the custom pieces from Starlight since there have been some good reviews on the boards. My daughter and I are looking forward to spinning our homemade Spinny!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Who else has seen the new auction for an AFA graded Spinnerella listed for $16,999.95! (Yellow card and turned head to boot.)

POPGal, you seem to have started a Spinny selling bonanza!

Yea totally seen that.
    Good luck to the seller, i would not pay that, but something is only worth what a buyer would pay.

I just wish Spinny wasn't so rare, i like her because of her colors, not her value.

Widget
    Amen!

I am super jealous of anyone who has a real vintage one - they look amazing.

I did order the custom pieces from Starlight since there have been some good reviews on the boards. My daughter and I are looking forward to spinning our homemade Spinny!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Who else has seen the new auction for an AFA graded Spinnerella listed for $16,999.95! (Yellow card and turned head to boot.)

POPGal, you seem to have started a Spinny selling bonanza!

Lol I guess I did, but 16999,, thats crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by POPGal View Post
    Aww thanks! I try my best to make my customers as happy as I can!
    And you do! I got my loose Spinnerella from you and several customs. You'll be pleased to know that I've gathered enough parts that Spinnerella's now fully dressed (except for the crown)!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    And you do! I got my loose Spinnerella from you and several customs. You'll be pleased to know that I've gathered enough parts that Spinnerella's now fully dressed (except for the crown)!

Hi! I was trying to think what items you could have bought from me , but I remember now

Right on!! Congrats on the real spinny outfit (minus the crown),yay!! Spinnerella has got to be the best mattel figure ever!!!