0 0%
  • Virtuose

2 3.77%
  • Wolfsfang

10 18.87%
  • Zargon

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTE!! Support your favortie artist for Redisgn Challnge 106: RAM MAN!

VOTE!! Support your favortie artist for Redisgn Challnge 106: RAM MAN!

It's finally come to that point in the challenge when YOU, the art fans, get to have your say in which ORG artist used their head to bust out the best Ram Man Redesign!

There will be 20 days to vote, so make SURE your opinion counts and cast that vote!!!

1) CHARLIE BROWN:

2) JAFARISTEW:

3) J-BIRD:

4) MONIKASVO:

5) NIKI:

6) NIMRODOR:

7) PYRE:

8) SERAPHYN303:

9) TECHTREK:

10) VIRTUOSE:

11) WOLFSFANG:

12) ZARGON:
    Last edited by Pyre; October 22, 2013 at 01:28am.

My Vote Went to Seraphyn. I humbly bow down to this piece. the artwork and talent is amazing, and best of all, Ram Man looks awesome. He is new, he is bad @$$, and he completely pays homage to the original design all in the same shot.

For me, it was between Seraphyn, Wolfsfang, and Monikasvo...I love the body armor suit...a completely original concept to Ram Man.

Virtuose, your 3D skills are awesome. I have tried to learn how to use blender, but to me, it's like trying to learn another language...from another planet...in another solar system.

Charliebrown and Zargon...two great ideas...two completely different ideas (I mean opposite sides of the universe) and two awesome uses of Heromachine. Charlie, that yellow is dope

Niki, Jafaristew, and Nimrodor...always excellent work in your own eye pleasing styles. Same to you J-bird...it's an honor to have you back in the redesign challenges.

And Techtrek, always good to see you in the art forums.

Cheers man

Wow, I forgot how many awesome pieces there were in this thread. It's super super tight for me and comes down to Wolfsfang and Pyre. I love how practical Pyres is with the neck brace and knee supports.. but Wolfsfang's is so iconic looking. It's like, of course that's how he's supposed to look.

Had to go for Fang in the end.
    My Deviant Art http://seraphyn303.deviantart.com/

My Art Blog (pretty old but where most of my MOTU stuff is) http://sera-sketch.blogspot.co.uk/

I am currently taking commissions.

For me it was between Seraphin and Wolfsfang.....had to go with Wolf ultimately.

I also voted for SERAPHYN303!

Your picture is simply the best if you ask me. Itīs beautifully drawn and has a great design.

My second place as well has been Wolfsfang, the horns on the helmet are to much for me since he has horns when he is armed up.

Teck Trek is a great sketch and i like the hooves but looks more like an unfinished sketch in comparison to those others, i would have liked to see it colored and finished

J-Bird, i always love yor designs but i think you made him to slim Ram-Man is more massive for me(and my own pictures shows what i mean ).

All in all all pictures where amazing this time!
    Last edited by Niki; October 22, 2013 at 03:35pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Seraphyn's redesign rocks!!!

Hmm this is a tough one as there are some great designs in here. I shall have a good long think and then cast my vote (probably for me )
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I'm just happy I got a vote! thank you whoever you are! =)

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i like many of the redisigns, especially j-bird's and seraphyn's, but i find that wolf's idea of the ram stone armor
    is really brilliant, so my vote goes there.

Seraphyn with a strong lead! but looks like wolfster is coming up quick!

We still have several days left to see what happens. 27 votes in a couple days ain't a bad start either!

I thought the thread was about to vote the best redesign. You know what redesign means dont you? I might sound a bit bad but instead of the art quality why you just dont vote fore the best different re- design from what i see so far only 2-3 amongs them are showing a design different all the others are looking pretty much the same with the original so whats the point to vote for a redesign who looks exactly like the original? Seriously isnt way to pointless? Unless we dont talk about the best resisign and we talk about something else.....
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    I thought the thread was about to vote the best redesign. You know what redesign means dont you? I might sound a bit bad but instead of the art quality why you just dont vote fore the best different re- design from what i see so far only 2-3 amongs them are showing a design different all the others are looking pretty much the same with the original so whats the point to vote for a redesign who looks exactly like the original? Seriously isnt way to pointless? Unless we dont talk about the best resisign and we talk about something else.....

Since you just said "you" in general i assume you mean all of us and that includes me

You know itīs all about taste as well and when you think about mini comics vs FILMATION those were redesigns as well same goes for FILMATION vs 200X designs. The characters looked similar but some where changed more some not very much.

But i think you should vote for the design you think is the best and thatīs only something you can do or feel
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    This is actually a pretty good point. I'm a professional character and concept artist and have been for quite a few years so if people are voting purely on the 'quality' of my art then maybe they're voting for the wrong person. At the same time though, 'redesign' isn't the same thing as 're-invent'.

A redesign should (in my humble opinion) take what works about a character, what is integral to who that character is, and build on it in the way they see fit. All of these designs do this in some form or another.
    A re-invention can be much more bold, taking only the name or a characters power set and running with that. There are a few designs here that do this as well.

In the end, changing the colours of the base character could be considered a redesign and if that's all the artist feels they need to do to improve the character and that would be a perfectly valid opinion.

The point (I think) Galvatron was making is the important thing. This is a design contest, not an art contest so while the artists should absolutely bring their A-game, the voters should definitely concentrate on making sure they pick the redesign that either most encapsulates their particular vision of that character, or impresses them most with it's creativity.

Just my 2 cents

(Edit: It's quite possible Galavatron was just talking about the level of creativity as opposed to actual art... either way, I stand by my comment )
    Last edited by Seraphyn303; October 25, 2013 at 12:05pm.
    My Deviant Art http://seraphyn303.deviantart.com/

My Art Blog (pretty old but where most of my MOTU stuff is) http://sera-sketch.blogspot.co.uk/

I am currently taking commissions.

I have to agree, a redesign doesn't have to be drastic to be effective.

I also agree that Galvatron has a point; in an ideal world all the redesigns would be presented in the same art style in order to level the playing field. There are problems with that too, of course (choosing an artist / style, the time it would take one person to draw all the submitted redesigns, the potential loss / change of the original artist's vision, etc.). The risk that someone votes for an artist's style / talent as opposed to the actual design is just something we all have to be conscious of when entering the contest and casting our votes.

That being said, I don't feel like the votes are skewing towards unworthy design here ... I think both the top vote-getters (at this point) have done some really cool things with the character and deserve the recognition they're getting, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

what a great convo guys...

I love it.

This has come up in several re-design challenges..are we voting for the creativity and originality...or for the art itself...?

well, here's what I have to say.

Galvatron, I think you are awesome for stating your case. You are very correct. I wish more people would comment on their opinions and questions...it's what keeps us artists pushing the pencil to the paper on our fan art for this site. J-bird and Seraphin...I love you guys for answering to your fans on the Org.

Of course, you can vote for who you want, for whatever reason you want. The idea I believe in about the redesign challenge is that we can show Mattel some awesome ways to depict their characters in a way that will draw attention to the MOTU line, just like DC heroes, and Marvel universe have their eternal fan base and recognition.

We have some excellent artists here.

But, yes, the resdesign challenge is about something ALL NEW to the character selected for the challenge. That doesnt mean a COMPLETELY new design without any characteristics of what made the original design so successful, but it can in the mind of the artist. As the rules state, there must be at least one new element included in the re-design to make it something never seen before in the official market. Yes, as an artist, you can keep elements of the original character that you like, but change the parts you didn't. For myself and Seraphyn, we both liked the original ram man, with less fat and more visible mechanics to the "bouncing" action. For guys like Monikasvo, a total re-rendering of the idea of Ram Man was the best idea for a new character for today's audience to appreciate. For Virtuose, a 3d rentition, like many animated shows on TV, was a sure thing. And, for guys like Wolfsfang, it seems like intertwining elements of the 200X and the vintage series was the best idea...taking existing official MOTU ideas and combining them to make something new.

All ideas are perfect. And for the voters...maybe that's what appeals to you. I truly almost voted for Monikasvo, because I thought of a what a modern MOTU movie would show Ram-Man as...just like the Rhino in the Amazing Spiderman has been turned into an exo-skeletal mech-suit. But I voted for Seraphyn because I love the original look of Motu but hated those stupid tube-pants that ram man had as a reason for his bouncing ability...just like mine...but in my opinion...the art and concept was better.

SO in the end...it's all correct...but to enter the challenge with a submittable piece, all that is required is a passion for MOTU fan art, an all new element to the character, and the understanding that this is for fun and to get your work seen in one of the most talent-saturated fan-art challenges of all toy-line fan sites.

In the end, like everything else, we buy what sells itself to us.
    Last edited by Pyre; October 25, 2013 at 10:28pm.

FOR THE FAN ART VIEWERS...HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE RECOGNIZED...

I have noticed, like others, that many people visit the fan art section all the time. But, comments become less and less frequent.

Comments, if you don't already know, are VERY important to artists to keep them going on their work...

AS RECOGNITION FOR YOUR OPINIONS....

for those Orgers who comment on a regular basis...either with questions, comments, opinions, or conversation starting topics...

PATREEK AND PYRE will List your name at the beginning of EVERY REDESIGN CHALLENGE as a supporter of He-man.org fan-art.

Further more, the top 10 commentators in the Fan Art Forums (not just the redesign challenge) who place the most comments to the point where I recognize you, will be included in MY He-man.org Signature as people I acknowledge as people I admire and respect on the site.

AND.... for the #1 comentator in the entire Fan Art Forum...
    I will do a CUSTOM avatar for you...still image OR animated (like this: )
    ...your choice.

I will decide in a month and will ask Jafaristew, the Fan-Art Forum Moderator, for help to keep track.

Let the comments begin!

** Update: JafariStew has agreed to help! Thanks Jafari!
    Last edited by Pyre; October 28, 2013 at 04:55pm.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i do understand what galvatron pointed out, but, in the end, artistic skills are surely necessary to translate
    ideas in the best possible way.
    that being said, i really like saraphyn and pyre' style, and j-bird is one of my favourite artist on the forum,
    but, personally, i found out the wolfsfang's redesing had the best (for me) balance between art quality and
    creativity, and, above all, that particular approach to the character that made me think i would have liked
    that take of ram man for the official canon.
    well, just my 2 cents.

just want to say thanks to everyone who has voted for me and for all the kind words.

I think there will be always people voting for best looking picture rather than best design. But is there big deal with that? There are no other prizes than fame anyway. I believe that most of the people follow these threads because here we can see awesome pics of our favorite characters, rather than to see creative designs.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Voted for wolfy. Question, who is the next challenge?
    Currently taking commissions, info is available on my website listed below.

Portfolio website: http://www.joshginter.org

Trader Review: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=bulun

WOW, what a huge bunch of talent. It was hard, but Seraphyn303 got my vote. I would love to see the other 105 of these, is there a link? Bravo, all of you.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Quote Originally Posted by Bulun View Post
    Voted for wolfy. Question, who is the next challenge?
    BULUN! Hey bud!

Im glad wolfster got your vote. He really knocked it out ofnthe park on this challenge.

To answer your question, the community has voted for Tuskador from the new adventures for the next redesign. Are you going to join us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    WOW, what a huge bunch of talent. It was hard, but Seraphyn303 got my vote. I would love to see the other 105 of these, is there a link? Bravo, all of you.
    Hey there Mezmiro...thanks for commenting your appreciation of these wonderful artists

YES THERE IS A LINK but i will need to find it when i get home. Im using my tablet right now and its a chore to navigate the web lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    BULUN! Hey bud!

Im glad wolfster got your vote. He really knocked it out ofnthe park on this challenge.

To answer your question, the community has voted for Tuskador from the new adventures for the next redesign. Are you going to join us?
    Possibly, if I have the time that is.
    Currently taking commissions, info is available on my website listed below.

Portfolio website: http://www.joshginter.org

Trader Review: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=bulun

Come on guys, the poll ended some time ago and not only has the next competition been started but Seraphyn303 hasn't even been declared the winner of this round (which he obviously is). I thought you were going to get faster when it comes to doing these things but it seems that once again I have to ask if it would be better to get new hosts (or perhaps just stop these altogether)? I don't particularly want either of these things but it has to be asked.