Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Shopping Cart Trick" on Matty No Longer Works!

"Shopping Cart Trick" on Matty No Longer Works!

Just went to Matty and saw that Dekker was listed as "Almost Gone". I was curious to see just how many of him were left in stock by using the "shopping cart trick" that many have talked about, and found that I am no longer able to do so! If you enter more than the maximum number of allowed units, it says "Invalid Quantity" and won't let you go any further.

It took them long enough to figure out how to stop us from knowing inventory levels . Hopefully some smart orgers can figure out a new way of finding out this info matty.jpg
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

It was the Castle Grayskull counts that pushed Toy Guru over the edge to get this nixed!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Just went to Matty and saw that Dekker was listed as "Almost Gone". I was curious to see just how many of him were left in stock by using the "shopping cart trick" that many have talked about, and found that I am no longer able to do so! If you enter more than the maximum number of allowed units, it says "Invalid Quantity" and won't let you go any further.

It took them long enough to figure out how to stop us from knowing inventory levels . Hopefully some smart orgers can figure out a new way of finding out this info matty.jpg

When you have some people here with BIG mouths that couldn't stop posting about it not too long ago while telling every one and their mother then what a surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised if they knew that it could be breached and figured it was on such a small scale that it wasn't a big deal, but when you have people that can't keep things to themselves and it becomes mainstream by rubbing salt in the wound over and over again this is the result and they finally decided to do some thing about it.

^This. Too many things in life have been ruined by exactly this. Add this little trick to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    ^This. Too many things in life have been ruined by exactly this. Add this little trick to the list.
    Had a feeling this was coming when people were explaining to TG exactly how they were doing it. I wish they'd fix other features on the site before worrying about things like this, lol.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

I'm sure this addition of code will contribute quite well to the next sale day digital calamity. Just a little seed planted to destroy the entire sale page weeks or months from now.

They still won't combine shipping on two orders placed on the same day or early access items with our sub, but they can fix this!
    Last edited by davidlogan; January 18, 2014 at 01:06am. Reason: d
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    They still won't combine shipping on two orders place on the same day or early access items with our sub, but they can fix this!
    Priorities! If it inconveniences the customers...low priority. If it inconveniences them...high priority.

They probably ran the code to stop this during the Early Access window for Ram-Man. That's why no one could checkout!

(*disclaimer* That's a joke son!")
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    They still won't combine shipping on two orders place on the same day or early access items with our sub, but they can fix this!
    Can we get someone to print a few thousand leaflets with this on it and drop them on the DR home office?
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Oh no! I uh...never used...it? Yeah. But hey, somethin' for people to focus on, right? Gotta chase those tails.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Oh no! I uh...never used...it? Yeah. But hey, somethin' for people to focus on, right? Gotta chase those tails.
    Not having the trick itself is basically a non-issue for me, in a vacuum. But the idea that they can remedy this while still not being able to combine orders that were placed a half hour apart shows an exquisite lack of give-a-crap about bending customers over on shipping costs. That is, of course, in addition to all of the other lovely turd storms that originate from that sad excuse for a website.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    When you have some people here with BIG mouths that couldn't stop posting about it not too long ago while telling every one and their mother then what a surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised if they knew that it could be breached and figured it was on such a small scale that it wasn't a big deal, but when you have people that can't keep things to themselves and it becomes mainstream by rubbing salt in the wound over and over again this is the result and they finally decided to do some thing about it.
    So....let me get this straight....the first thing they quickly fix on the whole damn site, and apparently do it well....is something that doesn't matter on damn bit, something trivial that shouldn't matter? That is asinine.

I can go to BBTS and easily see how much of something they have in stock. What is the big damn deal about seeing how much of something is in stock? I mean, they're that desperate to screw with everyone it matters that much?

Just wow.

Let's **** everyone on Early Access sales and cancel subs on them, but by God, we can't have them see how many damn He-Man figures we have in stock....

Simply amazing.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Come on. This is privileged information.

I mean, if another company knew how much of something another company made - and had left. Why - they could go out and compete against them! Using it to their advantage.

These are State Secrets here people - you don't know just how valuable this sort of intel is.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Well, at least we know MattyCollector can fix the things that DO work so that they don't work anymore.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Well, at least we know MattyCollector can fix the things that DO work so that they don't work anymore.
    So sad but true.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Whiplash, Stinkor, Trap-Jaw, Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Priorities! If it inconveniences the customers...low priority. If it inconveniences them...high priority.
    And this type of thing speaks volumes about the type of low life's that run this line.

They can fix a stupid little insignificant issue like this, but they can't seem to find a way to make a pleasant shopping experience on their website?
    No wonder, they don't want people finding out that the price per figure is way too high when you compare their production numbers to similar brands that cost WAAAYYYY LESS!

What kind of numbers were people finding on past items?
    How many Castle Grayskulls were available?

Any time you're trying to hide your numbers from the public, something shady is definitely going on. No other company does this. Why? Because there's nothing to hide. More importantly, other companies actually explain the numbers in a manner to justify their costs/rarity/value. This has always been an aspect about MOTUC that is appalling to me. Just call it how it is... this toy line is probably in the Tens of Thousands per item, the cost is no where near high enough to rationalize a $27 price tag, and they enjoy making the extra money while the fans are paying it.

Quote Originally Posted by worldwar_hulk View Post
    What kind of numbers were people finding on past items?
    How many Castle Grayskulls were available?
    A couple of weeks ago they had about 950 Castle Grayskulls left.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Battle Ram, Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Oo-Larr View Post
    A couple of weeks ago they had about 950 Castle Grayskulls left.
    Last count has it approaching the mid-800's.

Nice to see their priorities. They can't get Early Access to work, but at least they can continue to pretend these figures are scarcer than they actually are!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post

This and it seems like more & more only certain people are allowed into the loop on certain things..Like it's such a big secret or your not allowed such "privileged" info because your not in the group or special enough...It seems like a lot of the hobbies now a days are getting to be like this....sad..

Heroic Warrior
    no, no, no...Scott has nothing to do with this change since he has no direct involvement in the working of mattycollector.com

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    no, no, no...Scott has nothing to do with this change since he has no direct involvement in the working of mattycollector.com
    EXACTLY. This is proof that Scott and Mattel can get things done at DR if they really want to. That's what's important about this.

My only question is where did they find the update or patch for the software made in the 90's.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Come on. This is privileged information.

I mean, if another company knew how much of something another company made - and had left. Why - they could go out and compete against them! Using it to their advantage.

These are State Secrets here people - you don't know just how valuable this sort of intel is.
    Regardless.. the point here isn't so much that they removed this feature (as some others have said, I didn't care much about it either way), but more so the fact that they can fix this issue so quickly yet still can't fix other things that fans have been asking about for years and that other websites have been able to do since 1998.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"