Thread: Mattel wants new characters, we want more Horde Troopers, so Horde Trooper variants?

Heroic Warrior

Mattel wants new characters, we want more Horde Troopers, so Horde Trooper variants?

Guys,

This may have been addressed before, but here is a possible solution to the Horde Trooper issue. Matty has said that ONE of the reasons why Horde Troopers won't be re-released is to maximize the number of unique characters that can be released with the SKUs allotted to MOTU. There could be a way to get more troopers out and a unique character.

How about a single-carded General Sunder with an extra Horde Trooper head. Since Sunder and the Trooper are virtually identical, I think it could work well.

Anybody else think of this?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Hey, that's a great idea. Maybe include some red variants, or have one variant released with the Filmation Hordak head.

So far it looks like the best way to get new Horde Troopers is to work to get a new Brand Manager.

Someone who will work with consumers so that Mattel can make more money, by re-issuing more Horde Troopers.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

General Sunder is different from the standard Horde Trooper buck. He doesn't sport a Horde symbol for one.

I want rereleases of the Troopers but not like this.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see General Sunder in MOTUC, but the figure would at least need an alternate Sunder head and alternate chest armour (without a Horde symbol and with a cape).

And he would need to be produced in sufficient numbers to allow people to army build Horde Troopers AND include General Sunder in their Great Rebellion.

If people really just want Horde Troopers, then I think a consistent request for Mattel to create a "pre-order" for more Horde Troopers (just like they did for Castle Grayskull) would be better for Mattel and for the fans, even though the pre-order process isn't exactly transparent since the minimum numbers and purchased numbers are not released.

I'd like it, but good luck.

Sunder wouldn't have a robot body.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    Sunder wouldn't have a robot body.
    True, I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe the explanation could be that some troopers are robots and some aren't. (He-man and Hordak wore the armor). Of course, that might create problems with all the destroying of troopers that we've seen in the media. He-Man and She-ra aren't killers!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Check out my signature...

I'd like a 2-pack of General Sunder with a sort of "Royal Guard" Trooper or an Aqua Trooper or 200x Horde Trooper. It can be done with Dylamug, but I think that it could result quite pricey
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Zombihamma's method would work perfectly to have a General Sunder to Trooper figure. The attachable chest plate can have a cape, both can come off to reveal the horde logo.

I'll take it!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

General sunder!!!!!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone