Thread: anyone a thrash metel heads here?

Heroic Warrior

anyone a thrash metel heads here?

I meant to say are there any thrash metal heads here? Haha....

Who hear listens to thrash?
    What bands do you like?h
    classic, newer, both?

- - - Updated - - -

No one? Wow.......
    Last edited by unclassified; October 25, 2013 at 09:53pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I was in the 1980s/90s I prefer classic metal now.
    here's a few of my favorites.
    then
    Coroner
    Believer
    Watchtower
    Kreator
    Destruction
    Manilla Road
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Warrior
    I love classic metal like you dont know but love thrash. I think thrash is where metal was perfected and as heavy as metal should be. There are so many sub genres now a days and it's just noise. Classic death was like thrash but the vocals sucked big time.

Venom!!!!!!
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Over the last couple days I've been listening to a lot of Municipal Waste and they've kicked my face in!

I wouldn't say I'm really into thrash, but during the 80's I did listen to a lot of the big 4 - Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth. My preference, however, is with the more "classic" metal. Bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Priest is my favorite band ever

Heavy Metal Warlord Hessianking's Avatar
    I enjoy thrash. I always like the 80s bands (testament, megadeth, nuclear assault, etc.) but there are some new bands that are really good that have popped up the last few years. (municipal waste, warbringer, skeletorwitch)

Tonight I'm going to see Overkill, Kreator, Warbringer. It should be a killer show. The venue I'm going to usually has a very active mosh pit.
    -Hessianking

I'm a new guy regarding to "metal" just got into them like 5 years ago.

I have to say I love The Big Four obviously, Move on with Testament, Kreator, Classic Venom, "Thrashy" Black Sabbath songs like Symptom of the Universe and Children of the Grave.

As for newer ones I really dig into Evile! sadly the original bassist passed away and the lead guitarist left the band to manage his family.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Priest is my favorite band ever
    You have excellent taste in music then, my friend!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessianking View Post
    I enjoy thrash. I always like the 80s bands (testament, megadeth, nuclear assault, etc.) but there are some new bands that are really good that have popped up the last few years. (municipal waste, warbringer, skeletorwitch)

Tonight I'm going to see Overkill, Kreator, Warbringer. It should be a killer show. The venue I'm going to usually has a very active mosh pit.
    Damn you for getting to see over kill. I wanted to see them this fall so bad. Still up in the air about testament.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I'm a new guy regarding to "metal" just got into them like 5 years ago.

I have to say I love The Big Four obviously, Move on with Testament, Kreator, Classic Venom, "Thrashy" Black Sabbath songs like Symptom of the Universe and Children of the Grave.

As for newer ones I really dig into Evile! sadly the original bassist passed away and the lead guitarist left the band to manage his family.
    The newer generation are pretty impressive. Makes me smile hearing new bands keeping it real. Che k out bonded by blood.

Right now gama bomb is kicking my ass. The singer to me is a mixture of bobby blitz from over kill and the old singer of candlemass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    You have excellent taste in music then, my friend!
    Thanks. Rob is the best. Sad the last album wasnt to impressive. But the last tour I got to go to and it was great. Again sad kk wasnt there but that new kid that took his spot was really good. And from a distance you. Ouldnt even tell it wasnt kk.

I love me some metal, but I don't always know the differences between all the types. I just like 'em fast 'n crazy. What falls under thrash?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I love me some metal, but I don't always know the differences between all the types. I just like 'em fast 'n crazy. What falls under thrash?
    Like old Metallica, testament, megadeth, death angel, slayer, heathen, exodus, metal church, over kill, anthrax. Those kind of groups.

Speaking of exodus. Them and over kill's few newest albums are most impressive.

Another thing. Steve zetro from exodus toxic waltz days has a incredible band with his two sons. They are called hatriot. Be sure to check tuem out if you are a zetro fan and never heard of this band.

Widget
    Very much so,bay area thrash is my all time favorite genre of music.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeletorsTacoStand View Post
    Very much so,bay area thrash is my all time favorite genre of music.
    My musical interests are a plethora of sounds that range from jazz to doo ***. But bay area is up there with my top genres. I prefer american thrash over german.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a newer group with veteran players is demonica. Its a side project from mercyful fates hank sherman and members of forbidden. Also forbidden dropped a album with in the past few years as well.

Like old Metallica, testament, megadeth, death angel, slayer, heathen, exodus, metal church, over kill, anthrax. Those kind of groups.

Speaking of exodus. Them and over kill's few newest albums are most impressive.

Another thing. Steve zetro from exodus toxic waltz days has a incredible band with his two sons. They are called hatriot. Be sure to check tuem out if you are a zetro fan and never heard of this band.
    Ha! Well there are some big favorites in that list so I guess I'm a fan of thrash!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The newer generation are pretty impressive. Makes me smile hearing new bands keeping it real. Che k out bonded by blood.

Right now gama bomb is kicking my ass. The singer to me is a mixture of bobby blitz from over kill and the old singer of candlemass.
    Nice, Sounds lovely man, even though I'm into Doom and Stoner Metal at the moment, especially some psychedelic stuff.

Since Dave Lombardo left Slayer, now he's having a lot of fun on Philm, do check that out. They label the genre as Psychedelic Metal.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Nice, Sounds lovely man, even though I'm into Doom and Stoner Metal at the moment, especially some psychedelic stuff.

Since Dave Lombardo left Slayer, now he's having a lot of fun on Philm, do check that out. They label the genre as Psychedelic Metal.
    I love doom and stoner metal. Ill check out philm.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I use Metallica and Medadeth and Iron Maiden in my storyboards.
    ..also Loreena Mckennitt

I did security at the last Iron Maiden show in town, and they put me by the piro-secure area, so I was able to see the stage and I had a giant Ed head with a flame-thrower coming out of his 'ed.

..(also bands like these recommend earplugs)