Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC: Questions and Answers with Toyguru by ToyzMag

NYCC: Questions and Answers with Toyguru by ToyzMag

Here is an interesting "Questions and Answers" session by the French Magazine ToyzMag with ToyGuru at New York Comic Con 2013 !

MOTUC

Q: I have seen New Adventures figures at your booth, three others have been announced before the show (Darius, Mara and Tuskador)…

A: Yes we had a fan vote yesterday and Mara won by one vote over Tuskador. I had to recount four times to make sure. She will be a 2015 figure to make that perfectly clear. Right now we don’t know what she’s going to look like, what accessories, which version… But Flogg will be in 2014 as well as Hydron. We are gonna finish the New Adventures with popular characters, we are not going to deep in the NA but you will get the top guys from that line. So we are really excited to get these out.

Q: I am sure the Horde Troopers are going to be a hit. Does this open a window for a new army builder 2-pack. I mean Skeletor is the only faction not to have one so far.

A: Skeletor is definitely missing his army and I can tell you we are hoping to give him some troops before the end of the line. I don’t know if it is gonna be 2014 or 2015 but he needs minions to send in the battle.

Q: Will it be based upon the FILMATION cartoon like the Robot Knights ?

A: We are talking robots, skeleton warriors… I think getting him some troopers is important

Q: TheFwoosh has published a list of five army builders they’d like to see made for Skeletor.

A: What was on the list ?

Q: Movie troopers, robot knights, Skelcons, mutant warriors, Skeleton warriors and Taratan’s goblins.

A: I’ll check it out. Clearly one of them we’re going to do. I can’t guarantee, but we’ll be looking into it.

- - - Updated - - -

So,

Would you prefer the Robot Knight or the Skeleton Warriors

I like both but I badly want the SKELETON WARRIORS !!!

SKELETON WARRIORS +1

A pack with one of each. It would make everyone buy at least two
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You are da man ! I think you have the solution !
    But it's a lot of accessories for both !
    Skeleton : Axe, sword, broken bones, shield, spear ...
    Robot: different hands, normal, saw, .... it should use TrapJaw stuffs !

Skelcons please! Robo knights a close second.

Really glad they're going to try and get an army builder for Skeletor in. He's sorely missing them and there are so many options for them!

I would like both, if I had to choose just one then I want the Robot Knights.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

This is a good idea. If the Horde Troopers episode has taught Mattel anything, let's hope it's the demand for army builders. They're not stupid, but sometimes I wonder if they're quite as savvy as they like us to think...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

A 2-pack with a Skeleton.Warrior and.a Robot Knight is the best choice for this. With a few useful accessories to combine.
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    We are gonna finish the New Adventures with popular characters, we are not going to deep in the NA but you will get the top guys from that line.
    SO, after all, they are definitely NOT gonna finish all of the vintage lines ! NA will clearly incomplete (do you think that they will spend money on the much wanted but uniquely tooled Sagitar ? What about the Jetlag character and fan-demanded Crita !? ). Very sad for the fans of that MOTU incarnation...

Now, I wonder whether they'll complete POP or not. Or 200X, for that matter. Heck, we're not even completely sure about the completion of vintage MOTU ! And do you think that the most popular prototype (Eldor) will be included in 2014 or 2015 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    SO, after all, they are definitely NOT gonna finish all of the vintage lines ! NA will clearly incomplete (do you think that they will spend money on the much wanted but uniquely tooled Sagitar ? What about the Jetlag character and fan-demanded Crita !? ). Very sad for the fans of that MOTU incarnation...

Now, I wonder whether they'll complete POP or not. Or 200X, for that matter. Heck, we're not even completely sure about the completion of vintage MOTU ! And do you think that the most popular prototype (Eldor) will be included in 2014 or 2015 ?
    Eldor ? For sure ! He should be released very soon IMHO Maybe the 2014 SDCC item....

There are so many other characters I want before either of these. Besides, I feel like the "armies" of Hisss and Hordak are necessary because neither have as many unique minions as Skeletor. Skeletor doesn't need an army of pawns because he has a full team of knights, bishops, and rooks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Skeleton warriors are nice but i think they are to generic. Every third or so evil sorcerer has his skeleton army but being an evil sorcerer in MOTU gives you the chance of having flying robots and thatīs what makes MOTU so cool for me.

So i say a three pack of Hover Robot Knights. They are small, only need three points of articulation like Kowl even less paint applications than he had and by making three you get a little army builder set since i think two are a pair three is almost a party
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Skeleton Warriors are a dream of mine, especially after seeing He-Mike's customs at Power Con.

I would buy either of them. I suspect it will be the robot knights we end up getting though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Such a two-pack would make sense, IMHO
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Skeleton warriors for me

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    one of each in a two pack would be awesome!

I wish that they would go deeper into NA. The mutants are very cool and It would be a shame to not use the Jetlag rights, and leave Master Sebrian and Crita behind.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Good idea!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I want the Robot Knights.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I'm not sure tooling allows for both in a single pack.

But I'd like the robot knights anyway. Skeletor is my skeleton, I wouldn't want his presence weakened by other generic skeletons running around. Plus, they'ed probably have major articulation issues, or bend at the weak spots in the limbs, or just be really cheap, light-weight plastic. Idunno. Not digging skeletons for Classics. Could have been cool in 200X.

Would love a two pack of bots at one of the cheaper price points (like the ones sprinkled throughout 2014), or a three pack at a higher price point.

They are small enough.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; October 26, 2013 at 10:18am.

Robot Knights for the win!!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I don't understand why Skeletor would need an army. It's not his MO! He just plucks a new warrior from Eternia, another planet, or dimension to see if they can topple He-Man. Then after they fail, he keeps them around for new evil plots. He's not the ruling type as we know him, as all he wants to be is the sole Master of the Universe? Correct?

I can only see Skeletor having an army if he actually ruled Eternia. I guess it'd be a way for him to maintain his power, but even then, I think it'd only be a matter of necessity to have armies as his disposal. It boils down to this, Skeletor likes to be the one in charge, but I don't think he has any affection or admiration for his minions.

Skeleton Warriors for me. If we get the split pack, with one skeleton warrior and one robot knight, I will totally be swapping my knights on the board for more skeletons.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

1 Hover Knight and 1 Skeleton warrior seems like the better choice... unless they make the Robo Knights Orko-sized... Then we'd need a 2:1 ratio.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Skeletor Warriors for me. I prefer Skeletor as having more magic based minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

My memory is that Scott has always, or at the very least saying for some time, that only vintage MOTU and POP will be finished by 2015. NA has always been referred to as getting "key characters", with no clarification as who could fall into that category. Vintage Wave 1? Any Jetlag figures at all? No idea, but I do know that when you barely release any NA figures into the line (we have 5 now since 2008) you would be hard pressed to get to the rest. Hell he will have a hard enough time getting all of the POP figures out (I cannot see how that can be done without a mini sub).

Certainly I hope that Crita gets made, but despite the fact that she does well in NA polls she seems like a longshot .

I would say that I was hopeful that we could get more NA figures in 2016, but I get the feeling that Scott is bursting at the seams to gift us with Son of He-Man fanfiction era characters, so I expect that to be the focus.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!