Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYCC: Questions and Answers with Toyguru by ToyzMag

I'd like to see the robo knights, they were in Filmation so they get my vote.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Definitely Robot Knights. Could live without the Skeleton Warriors.

If they are smart with this what they will do is make a set with 1 Filmation hover Robot and 1 MYP Skeleton Warrior. This would allow for MUCH greater army building possibilities. If you dont want the hover robots with skeletor an want the skeletors with his faction... easy. Just put the hover robots with the horde as hordak had them also.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Skeleton Warriors.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Robot Knights!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    SO, after all, they are definitely NOT gonna finish all of the vintage lines ! NA will clearly incomplete (do you think that they will spend money on the much wanted but uniquely tooled Sagitar ? What about the Jetlag character and fan-demanded Crita !? ). Very sad for the fans of that MOTU incarnation...

Now, I wonder whether they'll complete POP or not. Or 200X, for that matter. Heck, we're not even completely sure about the completion of vintage MOTU ! And do you think that the most popular prototype (Eldor) will be included in 2014 or 2015 ?
    They've ALWAYS mentioned this about NA. Only the top NA characters are getting made. TG is always throwing poor Kayo under the bus as an example of someone who isn't coming until 2016. Sagitar is up in the air...TG didn't say that he wasn't coming on RGD 119 and his chances of showing up as some holiday item are increased since the sub hit 120%.

POP and Vintage MOTU are going to be complete. NA, 200X, Mini-comics are getting the "only major characters" treatment.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Robot Knights!!!!!!

I would love to see the skelcons, I read the the ladybird books as a kid and always wanted to see them as figures.

Ahem… Movie troopers were ALSO mentioned in the Q&A as well

From the 1987 movie:

Air Centurions

Shock Troopers

Air Centurions would be able to share the same buck as the Shock Troopers (painted silver). Only major difference is the helmets.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 26, 2013 at 01:09pm.

Skeleton warriors. Their heads are even already sculpted and part of the Castle Grayskull set! I don't see though why they can't come with the hover robots as pack ins though. They'd just cost a little extra like the Comet Warrior set.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Skeleton Warriors, for sure!!!

After seeing HeMikes customs and MathewK's pics, damn, I want an army of Skeletons.

Solution would be two army builder sets left, one for 2014 and another 2015.
    Skeleton two pack doesn't necessary mean it has to be Skeletor minions.
    I just want an army of skeletons in MOTU Classics style, so bad.

Those little robots could be 'pack-ins' with a figure. I would rather see the Skeleton Warriors as fully tooled, articulated, figures.

Unpopular, but I don't think Skeletor would need an 'army' like the Horde anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    Skeleton warriors, think about how amazing they would look in classics style...hopefully the breast plate would be removeable to reveal the ribcage,
    Also if they were done in that chunky style ( like He-Mikes) the joints would be fine,....
    But yeah as has already been said, one of each would make the most sence, between Matty and here, there would be a buy/swop frenzy,

Whoo boy, what is this? Making me choose between skeletons and robots. BAH! This is why I like Terminators; I don't have to choose.

Well I like bcrduke's idea of a pack of one of each! Two packs and I'm well enough off....though I do feel like I'm leaning more toward skeletons.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Those little robots could be 'pack-ins' with a figure. I would rather see the Skeleton Warriors as fully tooled, articulated, figures.

Unpopular, but I don't think Skeletor would need an 'army' like the Horde anyway.
    This, because skeleton warriors are generic enough that they can be used beyond the Classics line (bring in other toy line collectors), and a two-pack of them, like the HT, would offset their tooling cost. But I hope Matty learned that popular army builders = tons of sales = make more! Hover bots are small enough they can be packed in with a low tooling cost figure (or two).

If this option isn't viable, a two-pack of one of each (or two 'bots) would be the way to go.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I'd love to see the Robot Knights made for Skeletor, followed by Skelcons as a close second!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Robot Knights

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Agreed, it doesn't fit Skeletor. He's not a military strategist. He's not an empire builder. He's not a good leader.

He just wants to be Master of the Universe so he can do whatever he wants and all can bow down before him. Having troops to maintain and command would be an irritant to Skeletor, I feel.

If I have to choose, Robot Knights would be my favorites...but it would be a great Mattel strategy release a both of each 2-pack !

How many 2-packs like this we need to build an army ?

I am not very happy about the NA not planned to be finished I hope the line will continue past 2015 so we can get all the NA figs.

Regarding army builder for Skeletor - I am surprised Beastmen are not in the list. That would be my choice. Beastmen are simply cool bad guys! They do not need almost any new tooling and would be great against Avion army builders. Hey good guys need army builders too, you know!

Heroic Warrior
    Of the two, definitely the skeleton warriors by a country mile. The other ones are too similar to the Horde Troopers.

But everyone's forgetting Skeletor's original army! What about the troll creatures in The Power of... Point Dread! who attacked the royal palace under Tri-Klops's command?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Widget
    I want to have the Scelcons.

The robot knights are quite small and they would look not very impressive in comparison with the Horde Troopers or the Snake Men.

The Skeleton Warriors in my opinion have no real "MOTU-Feeling"...they look like some creatures from a Harryhausen film. They are not typical for skeletor.
    And they are very similar to Scare Glow.

The Scelcons with their blue/purple color sheme and the havoc-like heads fit perfectly to be Skeletor's army.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Ahem… Movie troopers were ALSO mentioned in the Q&A as well

From the 1987 movie:

Air Centurions
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2086/2...e9d221b3_o.jpg

Shock Troopers
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/6...7387cb1d_o.jpg

Air Centurions would be able to share the same buck as the Shock Troopers (painted silver). Only major difference is the helmets.
    If they had movie rights Movie Soldiers would be the very top of my pick. But, unless something has changed, I don't think they can be made
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    SO, after all, they are definitely NOT gonna finish all of the vintage lines ! NA will clearly incomplete (do you think that they will spend money on the much wanted but uniquely tooled Sagitar ? What about the Jetlag character and fan-demanded Crita !? ). Very sad for the fans of that MOTU incarnation...

Now, I wonder whether they'll complete POP or not. Or 200X, for that matter. Heck, we're not even completely sure about the completion of vintage MOTU ! And do you think that the most popular prototype (Eldor) will be included in 2014 or 2015 ?
    2016 and forward, should the line continue. This has been alluded to several times, 2014-2015 is mostly about finishing the more "popular characters", hence the moniker 'All-Star' roadmap.

Vizarr, Kayo, Nocturna, Lizorr, etc. would fall under 2016 and forward, but I'm fairly positive that Sagitar and Crita will be released by 2015.

Robot Knights would be sufficient.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.