Thread: Hello from Belgium!

Hello from Belgium!

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself here. I am a motu fan from Ghent, Belgium. I have been into motu since I was a kid and I still own a big (vintage) collection from back than. I started collecting the classic collection near the end of 2011 and I have about 50 figures now. I like motu a lot (pretty obvious) and mostly because of all the different characters, the barbarian/hi-tech combination and of course some youth sentiment. I am crazy about the filmation cartoons, but haven't seen all of them yet. I did not see the 200x and new adventures cartoons yet, but I would like to.
    I have been hanging around on the mattyclolector forum for a couple of years and now also took the step to the org.
    Glad to get to know all of you!

Most powerful regards,

Beastdor

Welcome to the club, Beastdor. It's always nice to meet newbies like me.

Welcome to the club Beastdor!
    I'm from Holland and I go a couple times a year to your lovely city mostly toy related! Missed this years FACTS though!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Beastdor!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome to He-man.org!!!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    @motumulder you're always welcome in Ghent! I bet you visit 'Gadget' everytime you come here? FACTS this year was great. It's a pity you had to miss it.

Yes! Gadget is the main reason for me going to Gent. Best store in the whole Benelux when it comes to vintage motu if you ask me.
    I was in Gent on the saturday of FACTS, but last year there was nothing for me ( I only collect vintage) so decided to skip this year. I've been a couple of times to FACTS, always a blast and lots to see. But this time I went there to spend money, not just looking
    How was FACTS? Seen any cool celebs?
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

I love also love Gadget! I drop by every couple of weeks.
    This year the was actually a big stand with vintage MOTU on FACTS. They had tons of Castle Grayskulls, Snake Mountains and Fright Zones, Battle Bones + lots of other stuff. They even had Casttle Eternia and Laser Power He-man. But I have some good news for you too. They have a website, but it is still in progress: www.teletoys.eu. You can also email them on teletoys@hotmail.com. Good luck!

Widget
    Hoi Beastdor ja ik zie wel eens advertentie's op marktplaats van teletoys, alleen kan het vaak niet eens worden met de prijzen soms staat er wel eens wat leuks en doe dan een bod maar ze zijn niet bereid om wat water bij de wijn te doen en dat is wel jammer.

Groeten William.

DAMN, now I'm sorry I didn't went! Missed out on being close to a Eternia set, that sucks!

They are quite expensive indeed!. If I remember it well the Eternia set was 800 euros (complete with box). Motumolder, you can alalways send them an email and ask for the set. I don't think it got sold and the con.

Now if I had a big bag of money and a man cave I'd do that in a heartbeat. But, sadly I have no funds nor room for such an impressive set. I'm just happy when I can get my hands on some fodder parts to make customs and when I find something to complete my collection I'm a happy man (only need the usual stuf of a pretty much complete lose collection). I have accepted a long time ago the LL figures, Giants and Eternia will only be in my collection if I win the lotto. But 800 euro's is a verry decend price for an Eternia with box, almost a steal if you have that kinda money to spend on your collection.
    Hope it goes to someone in the Benelux so I'm still near an Eternia set but thanks for the headsup!
    I compensate my collection with custom figures, last count I was well over 60 custom figures so enough to kick the LL and the Giants butts in a straight up battle

I just had a look at your website, motumulder and your customs look really amazing! I love the Lava-cat and Warthog-Man. I am always stunned by customs and think to myself how do you guys do that?! Unbelievable!

Thanks Beastdor!
    A lot of customs are easy repaints/kit-bash stuff anyone with patience could do. If you have some sparetime in the week (rare I know) I highly recommend trying it, it's fun creating and with each project your skills go up and they look killer in any motu collection.

I would love to and one day I will try it. But for now with 3 little kiddies there is indeed not so much sparetime left.
    Behold and despair your new Master!
    And now go and that you may find what you are looking for!

Court Magician
    Hey Beastdor, I am a Belgian collector too!

That's great, Gromemr! Have you checked our Belgian Social Group yet?

Court Magician
    Belgian social group?

Click on social groups and select 'Belgian He-fans' on this site. We a Belgian He-man fan group of 17 members.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=67