Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star sisters custom commision WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Magicat View Post
    The straws I've seen used in other customs of Tallstar are called Tervis straws. If you do a search on Amazon you can usually find them in colors that are *pretty* close, like some of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tervis-Tumbler...=tervis+straws
    They are wider and stronger than regular straws, since they are made to be reusable.

Can't wait to see more photos as you get further along!
    Thanks for your help, iīll try to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can you post a picture of the Tallstar head? Pretty please.
    Sure, here it is:

Still not finished as you can see... As i said before i hate rooting hair.

And finally Starla finished. I wanted to make her a little bit different than the prototype, first of all, due the materials i wonīt be able to get, and also cause i liked this brighter colors a little bit more... I feel very please with the head and the glued hair... And i find mine to actually look factory made as i was my intention since the begging of the work. The eyes will be improved, after watching the photos, i think i can make a better paint.

Last edited by octavio; January 11, 2014 at 08:18pm.

Jewelstar:

The body will be different, iīll be selling this one as it is right now.

And a photo of the Starla body with mattelīs vinyl head, so you can see that this bodies work with the original swivel heads.

Iīll be selling bodies unpainted for those who want to make their figures their own personal way.

WOW! These are looking really, really beautiful Great work! The clear plastic is so, so cool.
    PM me if you have a hard time getting the straws. They are seriously like 99 cents up here, I would gladly put some in the mail to you just to see the finished Tallstar!

Pretty rad, Octavio. Any chance you could do a tutorial on how to cast parts in translucent plastic and all the materials that are needed? For the hair, are you using unraveled nylon rope and then dyeing it (I ask because it looks as if Tallstar some pink in her red hair...I like the red. )?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Magicat View Post
    WOW! These are looking really, really beautiful Great work! The clear plastic is so, so cool.
    PM me if you have a hard time getting the straws. They are seriously like 99 cents up here, I would gladly put some in the mail to you just to see the finished Tallstar!
    Thank you! I just replace the Starla photos with the new face paint.

Well, if you donīt mind to help me with that, i will appreciate it a lot, i can send you something in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Pretty rad, Octavio. Any chance you could do a tutorial on how to cast parts in translucent plastic and all the materials that are needed? For the hair, are you using unraveled nylon rope and then dyeing it (I ask because it looks as if Tallstar some pink in her red hair...I like the red. )?
    Sure, but will take me a little to have the tutorial ready.

About the hair: i just bought that color, didnīt dye anything.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Wow! My wife would love some of those! Bravo, mi amigo!
    Thexxwatcherxx's Needs List 2016:

MOTUC SDCC Exclusive Rotar Vs. Twistoid;
    Super 7 MOTU MUSCLE Lavender NerdBlock edition MOC
    My Vintage Needs List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...23#post3685723

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post

Sure, but will take me a little to have the tutorial ready.

About the hair: i just bought that color, didnīt dye anything.
    Thank you.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

OMG! Just seeing your lastest updates. I need these in my life! They're like the prototypes from the 80's. I want these so badly!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    OMG! Just seeing your lastest updates. I need these in my life! They're like the prototypes from the 80's. I want these so badly!
    Thanks!

Is that true? Because i put them on sale and nobody bought them; actually my work always sell so bad, it is a lot more the time and money i invested over the years, than the money i earned, thats why i loose enthusiasm.

I whish people appreciate the work involve, my prices canīt be lower due the figures i made cost me a lot, just to give you an example: for americans a figure over $20.00 is expensive, here in México you wonīt get a Motuc figure under $40.00 or so, He-man figure is always around $100.00 dlls… and we earn money in "pesos" not "dollars", that means a lot of money; a hobby just for the wealthy people... just to make figures like these cost me more than $20.00 per figure but how can i make people realize about that?... what iīm doing right now is making the figures just for my pleasure, i have some stuff for sale, but iīm not making any expectations... is like my never ending story: staying depending on my parents to help me out with my bills, rent… For my family my "talent" is more like a curse than actually a talent, being over 30 and still trying to do what i love for living is just not working.

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Thanks!

Is that true? Because i put them on sale and nobody bought them; actually my work always sell so bad, it is a lot more the time and money i invested over the years, than the money i earned, thats why i loose enthusiasm.

I whish people appreciate the work involve, my prices canīt be lower due the figures i made cost me a lot, just to give you an example: for americans a figure over $20.00 is expensive, here in México you wonīt get a Motuc figure under $40.00 or so, He-man figure is always around $100.00 dlls… and we earn money in "pesos" not "dollars", that means a lot of money; a hobby just for the wealthy people... just to make figures like these cost me more than $20.00 per figure but how can i make people realize about that?... what iīm doing right now is making the figures just for my pleasure, i have some stuff for sale, but iīm not making any expectations... is like my never ending story: staying depending on my parents to help me out with my bills, rent… For my family my "talent" is more like a curse than actually a talent, being over 30 and still trying to do what i love for living is just not working.
    Really sorry to hear this! It's a shame you loose enthusiasm. These figures are too good an example of the work you can clearly do! Keep at it, but stay sensible! (money wise)

Amazing job, and all the best!

They think $20 per figure is expensive? Honestly, I've re-rooted She-Ra heads and that is worth more than $20 to me. You do really good work. Years ago, Darth Hordak made me a beautiful set for $80 and I still think he should have charged more and I think yours are just as lovely. You made blank bodies for me once and though two have disappeared, I still have one which I made into Granita and she is magnificent.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    Really sorry to hear this! It's a shame you loose enthusiasm. These figures are too good an example of the work you can clearly do! Keep at it, but stay sensible! (money wise)

Amazing job, and all the best!
    Thank you… Sometimes i get a little dramatic Money is still an issue but i keep positive.

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    They think $20 per figure is expensive? Honestly, I've re-rooted She-Ra heads and that is worth more than $20 to me. You do really good work. Years ago, Darth Hordak made me a beautiful set for $80 and I still think he should have charged more and I think yours are just as lovely. You made blank bodies for me once and though two have disappeared, I still have one which I made into Granita and she is magnificent.
    Thanks… I would love to see that custom.

No pics this time but as an update, the figures will be articulated; i solve all the issues with it, hope that helps to make them more attractive… Iīll also be selling more stuff, so be aware.

Post duplicated

Almost four years later i was able to completely finish Starla figure as i really wanted her to be.

Here the photos:

Last edited by octavio; December 14, 2017 at 10:14pm.

That's some amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    That's some amazing work!
    Thank you guys!

Some more pics...

Last edited by octavio; December 15, 2017 at 04:58pm.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    wow she looks great! do you have a group shot?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    wow she looks great! do you have a group shot?
    Thank you!

No i still havent take any group shot, due i donīt have any PoP collection myself, i only have some incomplete figures for future customs, and the other two sisters are still WIP and wonīt be ready any time soon due the same reason i donīt have any collection or took me this long to have this one ready, and that is money issues.

Iīm mexican, i live in country on wich the money i earn words a lot less than dollar or euros, so always keep that in mind.

If you want to support someone with love and passion for his art work, but with all this conditions mentioned just above; that donīt help at all to develop all the potential (i feel i have), please buy my work when i place it on sale, that is the only way i have to keep working... iīm so sure all this situation one day is gonna change, and you can help to make it happend earlier.

Hate to talk about this, but i want to be completely transparent and give you a real perception, i donīt like to show myself as a "martyr" that is not the case, and iīm always optimistic, but things are not always as easy for all of us, so i wont lie about my finantial situation, actually i was able to complete this figure after three years due the last time i posted on this thread just few days later was as well the last time i have a house, since then iīve been renting rooms and just got to one on wich i can work again, no longer have the space one time i had to work, but at least more space than the latest rooms on wich i was living just recently.