Thread: need a little 3d modeling help.

need a little 3d modeling help.

I am trying to learn the craft but there are some things I'd like fixed and help with to prep for shapeways, any skilled board member willing to help me out? I can pay a bit or in installments, but I'm definitely not able to pay a lot in one sum at the moment. I'm a long standing member so I'm not going to scam anyone. PM me - if I'm in the wrong section I apologize.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    What program are you using?

What are you trying to model?

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I can help you.
    awesome, can I PM you my email address so I can send you what I've done for some tips etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    What program are you using?

What are you trying to model?
    I have sculptris, sketchup and blender. i've used sculptris the most as I had it first and though I'm still very green with it, I have gotten used to how it's a bit like sculpting clay. haven't gotten the hang of the other two yet.

I am trying to make characters as well as weapons for them. the weapons are giving me a huge problem.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Despite all the models I've made and posted here, I am not an expert, mainly because I don't think I can animate if I tried, but I am not done making models yet.

I am using Blender, it was free, and there are tutorials on youtube.
    I am definitely not programing.
    (I'd love to turn this stuff into an on-line chess game of Masters of the Universe.)
    (if I could)

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    awesome, can I PM you my email address so I can send you what I've done for some tips etc?

I have sculptris, sketchup and blender. i've used sculptris the most as I had it first and though I'm still very green with it, I have gotten used to how it's a bit like sculpting clay. haven't gotten the hang of the other two yet.

I am trying to make characters as well as weapons for them. the weapons are giving me a huge problem.
    I just downloaded Sculptris, and I'll see if I can figure it out.

cool. thanks man

Fear is faith in failure