View Poll Results: Would you use preorder system?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would use a preorder system for MOTUC!

70 78.65%
  • Nope, I have no need/interest for a preorder system.

19 21.35%

Thread: Super7 MOTUC preorder system, do you want it?

Super7 MOTUC preorder system, do you want it?

Since we are finally getting new shop system, do you want to be able to preorder MOTUC individually months in advance? This would be in addition to a subscription. If it was enough in advance, they might adjust factory quota based on this too?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Yes, definitely wouldn't mind a pre-order as long as there is no risk of sellouts during the pre-order system. It's fine if it's up only for a limited time. I just think everyone who wants a shot at these figures should get them in the timespan.

Yes, it has long been overdue. Now that the vintage MOTU and POP lines are finished, let figures sink or swim on their own.

Yes, but don't rely toooo much on the pre-orders. It happened over and over that people disliked/didn't want/complained about figures and when they finally had them in their hands, they totally changed their minds and loved the figures. (Same the other way around).
    So my opinion is:
    You say: We'll produce this or that figure. Then we can pre-order. That's o.k.
    But not: We only produce this or that figure if we get enough pre-orders.

P.S.: @Firefly: POP isn't finished

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Yes, definitely wouldn't mind a pre-order as long as there is no risk of sellouts during the pre-order system. It's fine if it's up only for a limited time. I just think everyone who wants a shot at these figures should get them in the timespan.
    I agree. I'm hoping the point of this preorder would be to gage interest and produce accordingly (but not solely on preorder numbers). I hope the figures then would be made to order like 4H's Kickstarters with no Sell outs, with some extra for DoS. But I'd prefer a Preorder to Subbing.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Yes, of course!

This would:

A.) Ensure that everyone who wants one - gets one.

B.) Give Super7 an idea of just how many to produce, thus saving money in the long run.

C.) Give some really obscure characters a chance of being made.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Mini-Sub!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The only thing I would worry about is figures not being made if it didn't sell enough. I know a lot of my favorites could be included in a subscription model, but not might make it as a pre-sale.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian & Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey & Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound Catra Grot Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Heroic Warrior
    I would much prefer a preorder system over subscriptions.

I voted "Yes." In addition to a sub model, this could allow additional figures to be added to one's "cart." For instance, I might only wang one sub, but might decide later that I need more than one Skeleteen or Great Black Wizard or Hawke or (I could go on...!) figure. Also, anything outside a sub could be added, though if prefer the subscription be truly All-Inclusive.

Like others here, I worry that certain figures might not get made unless they hit the proper quota, so I'd hope that such wasn't the case. I don't want to miss out in some of the odd, less popular choices because they weren't adored by enough of us. (Me, I'll take anything in the Classics line. I'll pass on the Filmation/Club Grayskull offerings though.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Pre-Orders would be ideal. But in order for them to ensure that there is enough demand it would require a subscription. They would have to setup a Pre-Order for each figure something like 6-10 months ahead of time to get proper production numbers. It just causes more delays.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    The only thing I would worry about is figures not being made if it didn't sell enough. I know a lot of my favorites could be included in a subscription model, but not might make it as a pre-sale.
    This

I dont really know anything about pre-order systems. I dont like pre-ordering things because I want to pay for it now and get it. If it is "not enough preorders we are not making it" then no, I do not want pre-orders.

I still very much believe in the sub system in as much as anything I have not wanted I was able to sell and I can only see these figures being more rare and easier to sell to come.

If it is something like Snake Mountain or a vehicle, something large that they cannot afford to waste money on if the market isnt there, sure. I did that with Castle Grayskull. I also liked the price break for pre-orderers with a slightly higher price for those that buy the general release. I can understand that.

But pre-order on figures? Seems like a bad idea, but again I dont really know how it works or would work. If they explain what it would mean to them, how it would work for us, I am definitely open to the idea.

I think they need to just make the figures or dont. Dont leave it up to us what gets made. For instance I know about NA and infamy and such, but like NA or not it would be not only insulting to make a few of them but not others because preorders failed and have an incomplete collection that could have been finished but also just wrong. I dont even like most of the NA Heroes but if they are going to make more MOTUC and some of them are NA, they need to finishe NA. I would buy each one because I love MOTUC and want the collection to be filled out. I do not personally like Dragstor (though he turned out pretty good and fills the back of my horde shelf pretty well) or Blast Attack but had they not made them and I knew I would never get them in MOTUC? Horrendous.

So to continue with that idea I really like my NA Heroes as they stand. If no more get made I can live with that. NA He Man (both versions) the two most common heroes from the toon, the Mara I really wanted, the Darius I grew to love, and an awesome NA She Ra? Now that is a roster. But I know that though I would rather get NA Teela & NA Sorceress to fill out the roster (and I do hope they get their chance) clearly the rest of the vintage toy team deserves their time in the sun and if they failed some pre-order test I'd rather they not do that. Dont make this line if they only way to do it is force us to do some monetary gladiator battle. Just make a line and sell it.

Just too soon to say excepting things like expensive pieces like Mounts, giants, ect. Put up a pre-order for the comic Gargonne female Giant and I am on board. On the other hand I would hate to think I could have had a character but will not because fans "made it fail". I'd rather not have the choice.

As is too often the case the poll is too black and white. Go big or go all in or go away. And give us a chance to prove something very expensive will sell if they have doubts.

Luckilly this doesnt seem to be a problem. Super7 seems to understand how to move forward.
    Last edited by baronterror; August 6, 2016 at 03:25am.

Sorry but this poll is skewed in favor of your preference. It did not offer the choice of a subscription or preorder system to anyone. Not that it really matters since Brian Flynn already stated Super7 is going to be offering subscriptions for 2017.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Personally I do not see myself ever subscribing. I only want selected figures.

However with preorders hopefully there was no 5 minute sellouts with day-of-stock. If you wanted 100 horde troopers you could pre-order them too.

Are you suggesting Super7 offer up a preorder for individual figures?! That is ridiculous for the obvious impracticalness of the concept. So Super7 is going to offer up a figure at a time and if not enough people buy, they scrap the figure and move on? You're talking about a massive delay in production. A good portion of the past subs have been sculpted and into production prior to any sub offering. NOw you want Super7 to offer up single figures at a time, hoping that they hit the magic number for each figure. That will never happen. Just like in the ToyGuru days, the sub worked because every faction had to chip in together to help out. You may not want every figure offered, but every group gets something. And at this point in the line, practically every figure is niche now. I doubt any single figure would hit the magic number to produce on its own. I say it again, this preorder idea for individual figures is completely impractical, if not impossible to make happen. Prepare yourself for the return of subscriptions.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

I am not suggesting removing subscription, I am saying it has never served me. With preorders they would know how much to produce on top of the subscription, which would sounds like pure win for them (more units sold, not too much extra produced). I am sure they continue with subscription as it almost certain sell for them (excluding people who cancel their credit cards and what not).

However, one could additionally ask, should figures that do not carry themselves be produced? Are figures like Chef Alen would be force sold to majority of subscribers that would never buy it individually?

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I am not suggesting removing subscription, I am saying it has never served me. With preorders they would know how much to produce on top of the subscription, which would sounds like pure win for them (more units sold, not too much extra produced). I am sure they continue with subscription as it almost certain sell for them (excluding people who cancel their credit cards and what not).

However, one could additionally ask, should figures that do not carry themselves be produced? Are figures like Chef Alen would be force sold to majority of subscribers that would never buy it individually?
    a prerorder costs resources, People need to set it up , run it etc And if Mattel who was a huge company NEVER offered why do you think a much smaller company like super7 should? If you are only interested in one or two figures and have no intention of subbing then go buy the one or two you like on the secondary market or take your chances on day of sale like the other cherry pickers do. It's not to super7's advantage to offer a Preorder system on figures on top of the subscription. The only time a Preorder should be done is for a large Item like Snake Mountain and even with that Brian Flynn said it would require a Kickstarter to see how much interest there was to have it made.
    Last edited by mjw41; August 9, 2016 at 08:48am.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would use a pre-order system.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Just playing Devil's Advocate....what if SUPER7 decides to add a pre-order service? How will people that don't want it react? If it has no affect on any Subs, what does it matter? None of us really know how SUPER7 is going to handle things. It could be no different than MATTEL, slightly different, or a whole new ball game.
    Evil Robot Manager of Weenie Hut Juniors

A thousand times YES!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

I voted "NO" because a sub guarantees more obscure characters getting a chance. Also, POP is not finished nor is NA. A preorder system would eliminate some people from signing up for subs at all. So, after 9 years, I am still 'All In' and will sign up for the next sub in a heartbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    a prerorder costs resources, People need to set it up , run it etc And if Mattel who was a huge company NEVER offered why do you think a much smaller company like super7 should? If you are only interested in one or two figures and have no intention of subbing then go buy the one or two you like on the secondary market or take your chances on day of sale like the other cherry pickers do. It's not to super7's advantage to offer a Preorder system on figures on top of the subscription. The only time a Preorder should be done is for a large Item like Snake Mountain and even with that Brian Flynn said it would require a Kickstarter to see how much interest there was to have it made.
    Yes! I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Are you suggesting Super7 offer up a preorder for individual figures?! That is ridiculous for the obvious impracticalness of the concept. So Super7 is going to offer up a figure at a time and if not enough people buy, they scrap the figure and move on? You're talking about a massive delay in production. A good portion of the past subs have been sculpted and into production prior to any sub offering. NOw you want Super7 to offer up single figures at a time, hoping that they hit the magic number for each figure. That will never happen. Just like in the ToyGuru days, the sub worked because every faction had to chip in together to help out. You may not want every figure offered, but every group gets something. And at this point in the line, practically every figure is niche now. I doubt any single figure would hit the magic number to produce on its own. I say it again, this preorder idea for individual figures is completely impractical, if not impossible to make happen. Prepare yourself for the return of subscriptions.
    This. Exactly.
    Last edited by Donimo; August 11, 2016 at 03:11am.
    If anyone has a Queen Marlena cardback for sale, please let me know. Thanks!!!!

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100

People not wanting it, mainly do not want it for other people because fear of less obscure figures. Is that selfish or not, I cannot decide as people wanting pre-orders are accused of the same thing. . Perhaps the truth is that when it comes to collectables, most are selfish as it is about their own personal preferences.

Still its 80% for preorder at this point. It would be model that would fit me personally, does it fit Super7? I cannot answer for them.

Snappy Threader
    I would prefer a pre-order over a sub.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    A pre order system does sound promising
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Personally I do not see myself ever subscribing. I only want selected figures.

However with preorders hopefully there was no 5 minute sellouts with day-of-stock. If you wanted 100 horde troopers you could pre-order them too.

100 percent this!!! there are two figures and a 3 pack I even slightly care to have so a sub will not fly with me, but if one wants to pre-order several Horde Troopers we should have that option. I mean, Super 7 shouldn't care either way, it's just money in the bank.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.