View Poll Results: Is the bulky armour an issue to you?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed RIGHT NOW!

117 71.78%
  • Not an issue, I like the bukky armour.

2 1.23%
  • Not an issue, whatever comes, i'm ok with it.

44 26.99%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the bulky armour an issue to you?

Yeah, I'd love for Mattel to put the effort into "slimming down" the armor on a lot of the male figures that have come out recently (or are coming out in the months ahead). There is a marked difference in how Prince Adam, Buzz-Off, Palace Guards, Dekker look compared to Sea Hawk, Hydron, Snake Face, and Sky High
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yeah, I'd love for Mattel to put the effort into "slimming down" the armor on a lot of the male figures that have come out recently (or are coming out in the months ahead). There is a marked difference in how Prince Adam, Buzz-Off, Palace Guards, Dekker look compared to Sea Hawk, Hydron, Snake Face, and Sky High
    Even Mekaneck, who has the most boxy, uncomfortable-looking armor of any figure, can rest his arms down at his sides. If they can do it for Mekaneck it should be easy to do it for Goat Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is Scott's answer to my question (or actually design via Scott):

2. Lich Leech: Sky High, Sea Hawk and a few others have very bulky armor at the sides, giving them an overstuffed look that detracts from their appearance (they look awesome otherwise). It appears to be a problem with putting the connectors at the sides and under the arms, making the armor much thicker there than anywhere else, which in turn makes the arms stick out and gives the figures an overstuffed appearance. Any thoughts on keeping the armor slimmer in the future, especially under the arms?

Scott:

Designed asked to pass this along directly:
    • We have started moving armor tabs further back in order to not add the extra wall thickness to the silhouette
    • The last couple of figures have been full bodied armor which means the extra wall thickness runs all the way down to the waist, not half like- Too Bad, King Grayskull, Sky high so they don't seem as wide

First point sounds good, I'm not sure I understand what they're getting at in the second point. Two Bad and KG have no armor at all in the effected area, but Sky High has very thick armor directly under his arms and is one of the problem figures. What am I missing?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    What Mattel should do is create an "Armor Pack" with slim versions of the armors that are affected by this problem. I would certainly buy an armor pack that had fixed armor for Sky High, Sea Hawk, and Goat Man, and any other characters from 2012/2013 who look "extra-wide" on my toy shelf. Add a Jitsu belt and some other armor pieces that people want, and they would sell well. They know fans are not happy with what they are getting, and this would be a good way to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; November 16, 2013 at 12:48pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I been ok with it
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I'm more than a little irritated that I can't pose some of my figures with their arms down. There's no rational reason they can't put those huge tabs in the back like they used to. Plus they're making the figures ugly. I'm happy to have Sea Hawk in my collection, but sad every time I look at him and see this:
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Projected chest armor look once Mattel design gets through with NA Skeletor:

Looks about right.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I showed my husband the Sea Hawk figure this morning. He has no real idea about who Sea Hawk is. I explained that he's a pirate and Adora's love interest. He looked at him and said, "Huh. He's chubby."
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Well considering that if he was made back in the vintage Masters he would probably look a lil robust as well, I'm not too bothered. But it is sad that on key figures the lack of concentration falls short...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

it was really noticeable in the dekker vs sea hawk photos, but now that sea hawk is in hand, I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    it was really noticeable in the dekker vs sea hawk photos, but now that sea hawk is in hand, I don't really care.
    i do, to me it looked worse when I opened him.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah there aren't too many QC issues I care about. Mantenna's neck, blastic, skirts, etc. But this one does really bug me.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It has started to bother me a lot tbh, it ruins the overall look of the figures.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I voted that's it's an issue. Ideally I would like it to be fixed for all future figures, but I can live with it if it doesn't. I don't think it looks terrible on all figures. Hydron doesn't look that bad honestly. Seahawk on the other hand looks chubbsey wubbsey. But maybe that's how Adora likes her men, who knows?
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I agreed that this needs to be fixed on figures.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Projected chest armor look once Mattel design gets through with NA Skeletor:

Attachment 90208

When you show it like that, it does show the drastic differences we are seeing in the final results. Hope this gets resolved ASAP
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Yes, it's a problem and they need to fix it.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    It's a non-issue to me. These are "HE-MAN figures". They are supposed to be big and bulky. Yeah, I know certain characters originated in the She-Ra toyline/cartoon or the less bulky NA toy line and don't look as bulky in their original form, but they're getting Classicized™ by the Classiciz-0r®!!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    It is an issue for me, but a very minor one compared to other potential CQ issues. I do see it as something that needs to be looked at for future figures though

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    I didn't vote because there was no, "Yes, I think it's an issue that needs to be avoided going forward, but not at the top of the to-do list" option.

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal to me. I dislike the way it makes the figures look, sure - especially Seahawk there - but I'm not up in arms over it. (See what I did thar? Hurhur.) But yeah, I agree that it does need to be looked at more carefully, unlike the skirts on the female figures, which I like the way they are.
    Same with me, I'd like to see it changed so it doesn't continue as Hydron looks to be the bulkiest ever. But I'm not losing sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    The polls being put up lately never have an acceptable option for me to choose. While I do think it's an issue that needs to be addressed, it's not going to stop me from enjoying what we get and for me to stop buying these figures.
    I'd agree with this also, so many times I don't find an option I am in agreement with.

Not an issue for me. I just find it very hard to get upset that my...toys...don't look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Not an issue for me. I just find it very hard to get upset that my...toys...don't look right.
    Well, if you care enough to spend the $ on these, why wouldn't you care if they didn't look right to you?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I'm paying too much for these things to have them not look right, or as right as they possibly can....can't agree with any part of this statement whatsoever. A billion dollar plus company's design team can't come up with better solutions (can't make flexible things they did way back 30 years ago, can't make transparent plastic not break that other companies do, can't design a slim armor anymore, can't design a proper leotard, purposely swaps perfectly fine and originally correct forearms....)? Come on....sorry, not OK with something that should be cake for these guys, and for what we're paying for them.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Not when you collect MOC. I hardly notice it.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, don't really care about the bulky armor. This is a non-issue for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

This hasn't really bothered me too much on figures that actually have armor, but SeaHawk looked so bad I had to trim up the sides to make him look decent.