Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Matty 12/16 Sale Announced: Castle Grayskull«, Ghostbusters Wand, Standor & More

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    $50 at Big Lots soon......
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    haha don't I wish.
    That may not be far-fetched at all. As I recall, the 200X Castle Grayskull was at Kay-Bee Toy Stores with a $20.00 clearance price back in the day. I know this because I bought mine there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    That may not be far-fetched at all. As I recall, the 200X Castle Grayskull was at Kay-Bee Toy Stores with a $20.00 clearance price back in the day. I know this because I bought mine there.
    It would be interesting if they did put the Classics Castle on sale for a huge drop in price how the rest of the early adopters would react to such a move. Mind you, early adopters of many expensive items such as the latest video game systems and even Sideshow pieces have to contend with this possibly happening too.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Is this stuff still gonna be for sale when the next sale items go up on Jan 15?
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    Is this stuff still gonna be for sale when the next sale items go up on Jan 15?
    It will most likely all magically disappear, like all the things that never sell out right away do.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Well, Strong Or and Plundor are still available. It looks like all the theories about them pulling figures off the site early when they're not selling fast enough don't have a leg to stand on. Wonder when/if they're going to actually sell out?
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenĺt absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donĺt collect toys to be miserable. So Iĺd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Well, Strong Or and Plundor are still available. It looks like all the theories about them pulling figures off the site early when they're not selling fast enough don't have a leg to stand on. Wonder when/if they're going to actually sell out?
    Not doing it once does not mean that it has never been done. The availability of figures during things like 'Mad Matty" or previous years' Cyber Mondays that had previously been pulled supports the theory.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    They're still for sale, but you have to search for them to find them. They aren't on the main sale page, only on the MOTU shop page. My guess they're not going to sell a bunch more when they are essentially hidden from the casual Matty customer.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation: Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Not doing it once does not mean that it has never been done. The availability of figures during things like 'Mad Matty" or previous years' Cyber Mondays that had previously been pulled supports the theory.
    +1 ^ This.