Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics CASTLE GRAYSKULL Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics CASTLE GRAYSKULL Video Review by Pixel Dan

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here is my in-depth 40 minute look at the Castle Grayskull playset! I hope I covered everything...there's a LOT to this thing!

There is also a large gallery of images over at Pixel-Dan.com if you guys want to see more!

I'm off to spend the next two days with family, so I'll do my best to follow up over the weekend to answer any additional questions.

Enjoy!!

Last edited by Pixel Dan; November 28, 2013 at 11:55am.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thank you sir for this review in this day!

My best wishes for your Thanksgiving with your family!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    I been waiting for weeks. Yes. I now know what I'm doing for the next 40 mind instead of getting ready. When I'm late, you will now get the blame. I'm always late but this time I'm blaming your awesomeness rather me taking forever to get ready..

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Holy crap! 40 minutes! It's like a movie...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Awesome review, Dan. Thanks for all your quick, yet thorough, work.

I can't help but to think it does look a little small in height, particularly when compared to the 200x version (which the look of it has always sucked in my opinion). But the width and thickness seems to be spot-on.

I can't wait for this thing. Hopefully there are no errors or anymore delays in shipping.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

thank for this would like to see o me 80 motu in grayskull and see tytus in there to but thanks for this now I wont mine even more now come on dec or jan I wont to see my grayskull

Hey Dan great video. My 3 year wants to play He-Man toys with you

Wonderful in-depth review Dan, one of your best, made for a nice Thanksgiving treat!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

HAHAHA!!! YES! YES!! YES!!!

THANK YOU DAN!!!!

...OMG, I gotta go and download this video with keepvid and go watch it on my HDTV in the living room.. I cant wait.... YAY!!!

Oh my Globb!!!

I'm driving around my neighborhood (stopped at the park, not actually driving now, mind) to get Hermione to sleep before family invades. I'm so excited to eat and toss everyone out on the curb so I can watch this!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybodeee!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome. I too was questioning the height when compared to the vintage. It only seems like 6 or 8 inches higher. But whatever, this thing is as perfect as we are getting and I'm ecstatic. Great review as always.. oh one more thing, so if you got one for review, did you pre-order one? If so, you will have two, you lucky devil.

Can't wait to watch this! Thanks a lot Dan and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Very Nice! Thanks Dan. I'm really looking forward to getting this. I'm sure it is well worth the wait! My kids are also very excited, especially my 4 year old. We are going to have a lot of fun!!!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Thank you for the nice long review video Dan! A great way to start off the holiday. Thank you for mentioning the shipping box. Toyguru fortunately reported the pawn piece was designed to be pulled out after fears the design would be a safety hazard and was originally set to be permanently attached. Worth mentioning, unlike the pawn, the handle is permanently attached! You won't have the same luck you did with the pawn in getting the handle off, and the prongs will be much more likely to break. Gorgeous stickers! Best part of the video was the size comparison with other playsets! That TMNT set made Grayskull look like a baby!

* The sword holder, is it a tight fit? Are you concerned at all that the holder will damage one or both of the swords?
    * The elevator, will it comfortably fit Ram Man or another heavy character, or does it drop down? Any concerns of the elevator becoming loose overtime and losing its ability to stay put instead of falling down to the floor of the set?
    * Dan, how hopeful are you that we will potentially see the other half of the Battle Ram, or a second playset whether it's smaller like the Slime Pit, or a larger set like Snake Mountain?
    Last edited by AdultCollector; November 28, 2013 at 01:21pm.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    how hopeful are you that we will potentially see the other half of the Battle Ram, or a second playset whether it's smaller like the Slime Pit, or a larger set like Snake Mountain?
    I want all of those!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Wow! What an awesome review! Thanks for filming this!

Judging from the review, there are two things I'm not too happy with:

1. The sculpt of the throne! It doesn't look one bit like the throne of the vintage toy. Why go with the prototype design? It's the only part of the Castle that doesn't create that warm nostalgic feeling because it looks totally different from the vintage toy (I don't mind that the Sorceress can't sit on it. Why should she? This is the pre-Filmation castle. The throne is for the rightful ruler, not for the guardian). Also the throne should be facing sideways like the vintage one
    2. I wish the dungeon walls were removable so that, if Mattel (or a customizer) make the dungeon grate, it could actually be displayed exactly where the dungeon is now. Or is there a way to remove the dungeon walls without ruining the Castle?

I'm also still hoping for that furniture pack. I want the candle holder and I also would love to have the shields to plug in next to the front door that were shown in the first mini comics. The plugs are there, now they just need to release the shields.
    But really the candle stand is the most important thing to me. I can't really explain why. It's njust a feeling I have.

This picture was posted here on the org in one of the Castle threads. It shows what's still missing IMO. I did not create this picture, just reposting it here:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    wow; i watched this a bit tired; fell asleep around the jet sled to wake up and still running. I rewind it but it was nice to know it was long enough to fit a nap

It's really perfect. I loved this review... best Thanksgiving dessert (before the main course) ever!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Now it's much harder to wait on this thing to arrive. Thanks for the in-depth look!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Getting ready to start the movie.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Great review, Dan! That's a beautiful playset.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you so much Pixel Dan! My children and I can not wait to play with this! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Best video review, yet.
    Does Galactus fart?

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    anyone noticed the scaley boots of skeletor? minute 05:36

40 mins, let me get some popcorn!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.