View Poll Results: When did you start?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Been here since the beginning in 2008!

70 50.00%
  • Got on board shortly after things started in 2009

25 17.86%

9 6.43%

7 5.00%

18 12.86%
  • This is my first year - 2013

11 7.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you start MOTUC?

When did you start MOTUC?

So looking at the Cyber Monday thread, it seems like a bunch of collectors are missing older figures. I've been in since it started in 2008 and maybe incorrectly assumed that most collectors were in the same boat. So I'm curious - when did you start into MOTUC?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I remember reading about the figures coming out in 2008 - saw ads for He-Man and Beastman in the He-Man DVDs I think. Then I forgot about them until January or February 2012. I've been playing catch up since then. I have everything I want at this point minus a few of the original 8 back MOC.

Heroic Warrior
    The very first day the very first figure came out. First year subbing was the 2nd chance we got this year. Been motuc wsod stress free since that day. And let me tell you, it feels great...

missed the first couple in 2008. Got them via ebay and started (and never stopped) early in 2009.

gotta late start end of 2009-ish... then made tracks nabbing missed figures and subbed up soon as i could...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

This was a difficult one for me to answer. Technically I was there at the start in July of 2008 when I ordered the SDCC King Grayskull from Mattycollector.com. I did not pick up any other MOTUC figures after KG. I had some personal issues that prevented me from collecting for a while and eventually I actually forgot about MOTUC for a long time. A few months ago I bought the He-Man 30th Anniversary Commemorative DVD set and that reignited my interested. So, even though I was there for KG in 2008, I voted for 2013 as the year I started.

Been here since the fall of 2008. Snagged my King Grayskull (SDCC) from a pal here and went to SDCC the next year for He-Ro. Been buying monthly (and then subbing for every possible subscription) since and never had any real problems with Matty, DR (beyond high shipping), or my pal, Scooter! (Yeah, I'm a happy camper.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

July 2011, I bought He-Man who was still on sale after the All-Star sale, then a week later I bought Trap Jaw from Matty who was still also available from the AS sale.... He-Man took 11 days to get to me once he shipped....I was like....Holy hell! But then Trap took 6....now the norm is 5.

I bought some from Ebay in between. My first DOS I wanted something from, after missing MEF in August was November with Swifty and BP She-Ra. Then after months of longing for a cheaper Teela, MAA & Tri-Klops....the BF/CM sale came....bam, Teela $18, MAA & TK $10 each....I was like hell yeah! The rest is history.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Didn't get the first release of King Grayskull but was there for every figure after that release...so whenever that was, that's how long I've been buying MOTUC figures.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I couldn't buy the first King Grayskull because of the electronics in the package and me being abroad, but I started in December 2008 with He-man and Beast-man and I'll stay until the very end!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Vintage NA characters in MOTUC! After Vintage and POP this era needs to be completed!!

Battle Cat is the one that pulled me in, so February 2010.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

June of 2011. The month Catra came out, She-Ra was re-issued. A friend of mine in the UK asked me to order her two She-Ra's, one loose and one on card. They both came to me with the mask askew on her face. Since she wanted one MOC I emailed Mattycollector and told them what happened and they sent me a new one. Since they didn't ask for a return I kept the other one for myself and was hooked from there...only intending to get a select few...that didn't work out so well. I now have almost every figure.

I had been following the releases from the beginning of the line. I saw the King Grayskull SDCC exclusive on the exclusive list and saw all the pictures of upcoming figures but I avoided them because I was already collect Buffy and Doctor Who figures and didn't think my wife would be very supportive of another line. Now that Buffy is dead and Doctor Who is dying this is really the only line I currently collect and I love that I get new figures every month!!!

I started last year. I had always liked the MOTUC since they came out, just didn't collect them. Then Matty announced the Castle Grayskull pre-order and decided it was just to much an iconic piece that I couldn't miss out so I started collecting last Cyber Monday. To date, I am only missing about 30 figures. not to shabby (I think) for a years worth of collecting.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    since very beginning, when that he-man prototype was shown i knew we were about to get something big

Started from the bottom.......
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

From the very beginning! I remember picking up the Toyfare issues showing off King Grayskull, He Man, Beast Man and Skeletor.

I started in Late 2011...That was the year that Mattel transferred the WWE Legends from retail to Mattycollector. WWE was the only thing I was collecting at the time but then I discovered MOTUC on Matty.

I remember seeing Shadow Weaver revealed as the sub exclusive, and the 2012 sub still being open, but I passed on it. I only thought I'd buy a handful of MOTUC figures but by the end of 2012, I was all-in!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

My first figure from Matty was Tri-Klops in August 2009. Since then, I have been able to pick up everything that I wanted.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

Heroic Warrior
    First figure was Randor. Though I would have like a classic version of the Randor from 2002 series. I never subbed and was able to get most of the figures I wanted.

From the first day I saw that He-Man prototype snuck into a case at...whatever toy show that was. I freaked the heck out and came to the .org to see if anyone knew anything about it (I wasn't a member back then). I kept a close watch on the news surrounding it and have been with it ever since!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    From the very beginning!

Thanks in LARGE part to the wealth of information being passed around the .org boards at the time....

I had always been a lurker on these boards - and continued to be until a certain thread impassioned me to sign up!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Late 2012. Bought a couple of vintage and Classics figures off ebay. Been collecting both ever since.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    I started last year once CG got the necessary preorders to be made. And in 3 days it will end with the arrival of the castle. What a great 1 year it has been where I managed to secure by buying, borrowing and stealing, all the figures that I wanted.

Mid 2012. Walked In to a local comic shop and I saw them and did a double take. He had 8 figures and I bought them all lol. Demo man, Icaris, BG Teela, Webstor, Hurricane Hordak, Snout Spout, Chief Carnivus, and He-man.

July of 2012 when Spikor was released. Now I'm around 45 figures, 3 beasts, and 1 vehicle in with a CG on the way and a 2014 sub coming down the pipe. Damn this stuff multiplied quickly
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!