Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEADS UP counterfeit Laser Power He-man and Laser Light Skeletor on the market !

So what about the wonderbread "customs". I guess if you feel Mattel actually made that figure then all of the customs are illegal counterfeits????
    "Were does he get those wonderful toys.....Oh, eBay!

Heroic Warrior
    thats what i was saying about the repro eternia track , no one complained about that at all , thats exact and very nice quality,i myself have made and sold a few WB he man figures just because they are so easy to make. so thats why im laughing at the notion of reporting this ,
    the only way i can see anyone not liking these figures is , when we buy a collectible say $1000 for a laser he man , we add it to our collection with the hopes of it at least holding that value, should we ever need to sell it off, and we even hope as some time goes by it increases in value , but as quality replicas like this are made the value and demand of the $1000 each originals goes down. and like i said bfore ,i would rather pay $400 for both of these in this quality perfect working condition than close to $2000 for 2 old ones with battery corrosion and paintwear , i do agree that the maker should make a simple small tell spot like leaving the print mattel off of the figure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayskull View Post
    So what about the wonderbread "customs". I guess if you feel Mattel actually made that figure then all of the customs are illegal counterfeits????

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9:3380218
    i do agree that the maker should make a simple small tell spot like leaving the print mattel off of the figure thou
    Yup, this is the least that should be done.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    That's a little bit different isn't it?
    Yes, was only a joke. As far as the custom reproduction stuff, I can definitely understand both sides of the issue. High end collectors want the piece of mind of said item to at least retain the value they purchased it at, if not increase in value. However, it is great for all collectors to have that opportunity to have that super rare item at a price that they are more likely able to afford. They won't mind if its a custom if its a well done job that fills that otherwise unfillable void in their collection. As long as the artist explains that it is in fact a custom, his hands are clean. Now as far as someone who tries to resell a reproduction claiming its legit, that's an altogether different beast. Its really all up to the honesty of the seller and the scrutiny of the buyer. Unfortunately you can't trust everyone.

There's at least one tell on the arm piece of the armour. The bit that fastens seems to be a separate piece (black) whereas the original is one single piece.

fake:

I would totally buy repros of these

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    This debate reminds me of this picture I made for this thread.
    Yes! I want that as well.... make it so!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Widget
    Hello, I'm the seller on ebay for this figures, they was made by a group of french artist (metal-custom) in 2010 in a very limited quantity. I have some figures yet, if you have questions just PM me.
    Regards from France.

Quote Originally Posted by sssqueze View Post
    Hello, I'm the seller on ebay for this figures, they was made by a group of french artist (metal-custom) in 2010 in a very limited quantity. I have some figures yet, if you have questions just PM me.
    Regards from France.
    hey there sssqueze anyway of telling these are fakes?

I just received one from sssqueze. A really nice custom. Some real craftsmanship. but if your trying to spot the differences from the real thing it's not hard. First they use different kind of batteries. The originals use AA while the customs use large button batteries. Up close you can see the paint strokes on the back pack and laser power he-mans silver gloves and belt. And finally the figure isn't a smooth finish like a regular he-man figure. Its a bit rough with loose joints especially at the waist. So up close you will tell right away it's a custom, but on a shelf it looks ridiculously good! The sword lights up really nice and bright to! I love it since I can afford it! Unlike a non-custom laser power he-man which sells for twice the price. I have a original laser light skeletor, so it's a nice set up on the shelf.

Just remember, if you plan on getting one, it's a custom not a toy. But a great piece of art
    Great Traders :Wrathofskeletor,Patrick Bateman,Malakai9999,Baron Karza,Jacob,Toyjesus,Norvel33,NilsorII,Cjbol,Corbe e99,Skeledeuce,Hemanlives,TrozBloodbone,Mikescab,S pikor66,MEKANOSE,MOTU,Orko32,Fugitoid,BattleCatsMy Daddy,Domercon,slgcmg,Royalt1us,Bob,Sanctitas,Bone head,Lee,hogwart727,bengali94,Greyskull Guardsman,woo,Bigdaddy51200,Troy-Klops,ThePuzzler,ledmanno