View Poll Results: Are you ready to sub up again for Snake Mountain priced at $350?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yea! Sub me up this coming year!

81 37.16%
  • Hell yea! Sub me up but not until 2015.

20 9.17%
  • Love to! but not at $350

78 35.78%
  • No way! im done with playsets,

39 17.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to paye $350 for a Snake Mountain Classics playset?

Are you ready to paye $350 for a Snake Mountain Classics playset?

Ok so everyone has or will be recieving Castle Grayskull classics by now and I thought Id get the ball rolling on who wants Snake Mountain in classics.
    Most people seem to want this as soon as possible but im gonna give a few options. Im also setting the virtual price ubove the pre-order price of Castle Grayskull as Im sure we need to allow for a playset thats even larger in height than Grayskull and extra features.. We dont want scale issues with this bad boy, now do we?
    So vote and lets give Scott and the FourHorseMen our offical response.

I had to vote for the last one. While, I'm not really done with playsets.....I'm done with playsets until all of the figures/subscriptions are done.

Having a subscription of monthly figures + quarterly beasts/variants + an added mini sub + a holiday item like a Windraider or Jetsled + a playset = way too much money.

With the playsets being that expensive, they need to hold off until the end when the figures are done, and many more people would be able to afford just a playset, without worrying about paying for figures also.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, I'll pre-order a Snake Mountain for $350. But then again, I'm criminally insane....
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Not at 350.00. Just because Snake Mountain doesn't have nearly as many accessories at Grayskull had so I don't think it should be that expensive. But, it'll depend more on the cost of plastics and if they do the microphone as well.

I'll have to see a prototype first and all included and costed out. But most likely.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

If its like the vintage toy I will pass on it. If its like Filmation or 200x I will definitely buy it!!!!

I didn't want to pay $250 for Grayskull, I sure as hell am not paying $350 for Snake Mt. I have Masterpiece Transformers, Star Wars Black and a MOTUC sub to buy.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I had to vote for the last one. While, I'm not really done with playsets.....I'm done with playsets until all of the figures/subscriptions are done.

Having a subscription of monthly figures + quarterly beasts/variants + an added mini sub + a holiday item like a Windraider or Jetsled + a playset = way too much money.

With the playsets being that expensive, they need to hold off until the end when the figures are done, and many more people would be able to afford just a playset, without worrying about paying for figures also.
    I have to agree with this. Only after the figures are done should they start on playsets. At least finish the battle ram and an evil vehicle. My vote is for land shark.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

Give me Snake Mountain NOW!!!

I'd be fine with paying $350 if it has significantly more than Grayskull, but I think they can make it for about the same cost as Grayskull.

Vintage playset style all the way!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I voted, "Yes," but I expect it to be a $350 value playset for that price.

Yes, if it is bigger than Grayskull.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

i'm looking forward to icon heroes snake mountain playset

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Not at 350.00. Just because Snake Mountain doesn't have nearly as many accessories at Grayskull had so I don't think it should be that expensive. But, it'll depend more on the cost of plastics and if they do the microphone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Give me Snake Mountain NOW!!!

I'd be fine with paying $350 if it has significantly more than Grayskull, but I think they can make it for about the same cost as Grayskull.

Vintage playset style all the way!!
    I think Snake Mountain could be the top Four Horsemen masterpiece of this line. I love the vintage playset, and would be more than happy with a direct representation, but I bet we see a merging with the famous Filmation style. I think the outside will be great (if the Icon Heroes is any indication), but can you imagine the inside? What kind of goodies would the Four Horsemen add? How much room would we have for display? Even if it's mainly a hollow inside, I think it'd still come out great with little things the Horsemen could do. It is a mountain!

Snake Mountain has so much potential. And not only could it be a base for Skeletor and the Evil Warriors, but perhaps for your Snake Men? People may want to buy multiples.

We need to see the design/sculpt first before settling on a $350 price point, which I feel is a little too high. But whatever the price point, Masters fans will pay for a good item. We've proven that time and time again.

snake mountain

I would most defiantly order one. If it was made like the snake mountain statue that is coming out, that would be awesome!! I think it would represent both film action and 200x versions. We have already seem what the horseman are capable of. BUT!!!,, I would like to pay for it I'm the spring and not so close to Christmas. I'm sure the would also have some nice accessories and the interior would be to satisfaction. YES! I would preorder one. I'm die hard.!!!'
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Nope, not my cup of tea. Didn't get CG and would not get this either. I would love to see that amount of resources going into finishing the different factions (figures only).

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not at $350.00, it doesn't come with as many features or accessories as CG does. It needs to be BIG though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I was priced out of the Grayskull playset, so unless I suddenly come into money it's going to be out of the question for me again. It's enough for me buying all the figures. HOWEVER, I do hope they make one for everyone who wants one. Grayskull looks sweet and I'm sure Snake Mountain would be equally sweet.

I couldn't justify the money for Grayskull so doubt I will for Snake Mountain even though I want that more as there has never been a decent one made before. I'd only be interested if it were Filmation style.

For $350 it better be some good stuff with no subject to change bull if so ill probley buy.

No idea where I'd put it.

No real flexibility in spending.

I say...?

BRING IT.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

$350 is too much. $250 for Grayskull was hard enough to swallow as it is.

How is anyone expected to comment on this, when we have no idea what it would look like, what it would include, and how big it is? This kind of question doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    How is anyone expected to comment on this, when we have no idea what it would look like, what it would include, and how big it is? This kind of question doesn't make sense.
    Agreed. As much as I would love a Snake Mountain playset It would have to be costed out first and now that they did Grayskull they know what size they would need to do Snake Mountain in and add a Dungeon, Skeletors throne room complete with Bone throne & Bone Table. No need for microphone and it should be more filmation than vintage or a hybrid of the two "when and if Mattel ever offers us one for preorder
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    As long as it isn't $350.00. For it to be that expensive it better look just like the Filmation version, or the MYP/200X version.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    For getting this,i DEFINITELY would!!! 1531827_10152092286184494_138748161_o.jpg