View Poll Results: Are you ready to sub up again for Snake Mountain priced at $350?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yea! Sub me up this coming year!

81 37.16%
  • Hell yea! Sub me up but not until 2015.

20 9.17%
  • Love to! but not at $350

78 35.78%
  • No way! im done with playsets,

39 17.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you ready to paye $350 for a Snake Mountain Classics playset?

I wouldn't be willing to pay much for Castle Grayskull. $125 maybe $150 shipped. So probably even less for Snake Mountain. I have no interest in paying high prices for these castles. Really all I want is Castle "Fronts" to put my figures on. These full on "Playsets" drive the price up way too high.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I had to vote for the last one. While, I'm not really done with playsets.....I'm done with playsets until all of the figures/subscriptions are done.

Having a subscription of monthly figures + quarterly beasts/variants + an added mini sub + a holiday item like a Windraider or Jetsled + a playset = way too much money.

With the playsets being that expensive, they need to hold off until the end when the figures are done, and many more people would be able to afford just a playset, without worrying about paying for figures also.
    that's very selfish imo. It s not because you cannot buy you have to wish nobody can have this great item.
    Even if I didn't have enough money to purchase one I would love to see one and see a lot of collector fellows get one.
    So the way you think is incomprehensible for me
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I would want Eternia before Snake Mountain. I just think Eternia is a better play set. The one thing I didn't like about the snake mountain play set; is they had a door on top of the mountain that went to no where.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    For getting this,i DEFINITELY would!!! Attachment 91620
    If they could actually design and deliver something even remotely close to this, I would. Not for $350, but for the same cost as Grayskull. Snake Mountain doesn't need to have as many moving features, IMO, but should be just a touch bigger or wider in some areas than it is in that mock-up just so that the figures can stand on certain areas without teetering over (like the stairs, for example). But I do so love that mock-up! And to have it so that you could spread the whole playset out like that, rather than having it just open at a 90 degree angle like Grayskull, is a fantastic way to fully represent both the Filmation and the classic toy version of the mountain all at once
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I would love to get a Snake Mountain but $350 sounds a bit steep. For that price, i'd assume it'd have a few more extra features or something in which case I would buy it.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

The reason I set the price so high on this playset was to make sure any offical eyes might gauge fan reaction. I know $350 is very expensive but I for one dont want futher mistakes like we saw with GRAYSKULL. The size issue really threw alot of stuff out scale wise and those extra inches would have made for a more perfect playset. I dont wanna hear about scale issues with Snake Mountain due to price. I also think its asking way too much to get a Bone Throne and table as in Filmation. The Throne alone is a big complex bit of plastic to do it right and alot of detail..I know this from making my own....that piece alone done right might cost $50 in todays market.. Please remember to be realistic when answering..

I cannot imagine how cool Snake Mountain would have to be to get me to spend 350. I would if I had that much free money to spend, but I dont.

Heroic Warrior
    Went with 'sure, but not till 2015.'
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Well there is a much smaller statue that people are going to buy for $300 coming out this year. $350 for a full sized playset is a steal compared to that!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I would like to but I can't even if I could afford it. It took me a lot of thinking to get Castle Grayskull and I don't know if I'll be convinced to get it.

Yes, I'd pre-order it now, for payment in a year or so, if it's well-done.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    After purchasing 15 Castle Grayskulls to help out, of course I would be down for Snake Mountain.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I would buy a Snake Mountain, but I don't think it's going to happen. But yeah if it goes down then I'm in
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I'm so down.. let's get it rolling already, and a battle ram to go with it..

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Sign me up, my wife wants the castles more then me getting the figures. But the snake mountain should be based off filmation or a hybrid of both.

I'd give Mattel my money.

Heroic Warrior
    If they went with the same design as the Icon Heroes statue (likely) we'd be talking $500 for a MOTUC sized playset. I personally can't stand that design, and would only pay for something that completely ignored the vintage toy and melded aspects of Filmation and 200X.

In Italy we pay 450 Euros for the little mountain will be made this year...the one of Icon of Heroes...

Yes, but this time I want a more accurate playset, with also Skeletor's bone throne and scrying table.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

At 350 no way. It's just not worth it. Despite my love of Masters there is no way I would do it at 350. CG was overpriced and after I got it out of the box it was a bit underwhelming, the value wasn't there. I don't think Mattel will produce a Snake Mountain before this line ends. The price is just out of control and completely unrealistic.

Just stop for a minute and think about that: 350.00.

Thats a lot of cash for a mass produced piece of plastic. The over-inflated prices of new toys is just starting to wear me down. It's tiring.
    Last edited by Spikor1982; April 3, 2014 at 01:59pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would, but I must see what it would look like & if the price is well worth it.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Snake Mountain doesn't have nearly as many accessories at Grayskull had so I don't think it should be that expensive. But, it'll depend more on the cost of plastics and if they do the microphone as well.
    True, although I can see many improvements being made to Snake Mountain, up to and including a complete redesign to fit the Filmation theme. Skeletor's throne room would look amazing on the inside! Or the Slime Pit featured in the episode where he intended to create an army of skeletons to terrorize the villages of Eternia (maybe this could be an addon much like the Wind Raider's ability to snap into Castle Grayskull's base?) Perhaps Snake Mountain could be given a hiding hole to place the Golden Disks of Knowledge in, as a nod to the cartoon. How about a trap door in the form of the transport portal (giant snake in the floor) that ate Skeletor and was later used by him and his minions to escape to the lower sections of the mountain when the mountain was transformed into Serpentos? Or a sticker on the floor representing the portal in which the Snake Men broke free from their prison in Despondos?
    Last edited by AdultCollector; April 25, 2014 at 11:05pm.