Thread: MOTUC Bios

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Bios

So, I've never posted anything in this thread before--but I do have a pretty extensive personal canon (don't we all) worked out. My kids have really started to enjoy the property, and my 5 year old loves hearing stories at bedtime about his favorite toys.

After explaining the concept of the MOTUC bios to him, and how it is supposed to tell one big story, he asked me to create something similar for him.

It seems like a project that will be a fun challenge, and I figured why not post my progress here for public consumption. All feedback is welcome--happy to answer questions, too, if it turns out anybody actually reads/cares.

I was going to try to follow the MOTUC release schedule, at least to some degree, but my first writing session didn't work out that way. The first three bios are for first year releases, so I guess that will have to suffice.

Heroic Warrior
    Faker Bio

Faker is the product of one of Skeletor’s most twisted and ambitious schemes. Utilizing the combined magical might of the Havoc Staff, Evil-Lyn, and himself, Skeletor created an evil clone of He-Man to do his bidding. Taking the name Faker, the artificially created powerhouse did serve Skeletor for a time, once battling He-Man to a standstill, before eventually striking out on his own. Faker now calls no man his master and what he plans next only he knows.

Heroic Warrior
    Scareglow Bio

After becoming Queen of Despondos, Evil-Lyn used her newfound mastery of infernal magic to re-animate the spirits of the accursed dead. She gave the name Scareglow to each of these powerful wraiths from beyond the grave. They are aptly named, as the Scareglows radiate an eerie light that strikes terror in the hearts of those who have the misfortune of crossing their paths. Filled with loathing for all living beings save their dark mistress, the Scareglows comprise Evil-Lyn’s most loyal and fearsome servants.
    Last edited by chrisware; December 24, 2013 at 09:09pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Zodac Bio

Karak Nul quickly achieved notoriety as one of the most feared bounty hunters in all the nine worlds—renowned for his cunning, cruelty, and deadly aim. It was his skill as a treasure hunter, however, that helped him become one of Skeletor’s most powerful allies. During a mission that took him deep within the caverns of Snake Mountain, Nul fortuitously discovered the weapons once used by the ancient hero Zodak. Nul donned the still functional helmet and vest, changed his name to Zodac (spelling was never a strong suit), and returned to the surface more dangerous than before.
    Last edited by chrisware; December 28, 2013 at 01:25am.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, the outpouring of heartfelt responses has stirred the creative juices. So, I present now for no one's consideration in particular:

Dawg-O-Tor Bio

Hordak was less than pleased when his union with an Eternian woman produced a son that displayed none of his Infinitan father’s characteristics. He gave to the boy the name Dawg, the old Infinitan word for an unwanted ******* child. Hordak was all too happy to send his son to live in Eternia in exchange for Adora, King Randor’s daughter, to seal the pact that ended hostilities between the two worlds. Dawg eventually came to despise his father and chose to call himself Dawg-O-Tor, the ******* who seeks vengeance. He now fights on the side of the heroic warriors. Unfortunately, before disowning his son, Hordak harvested the child’s genetic material and has subsequently created a division of cloned Horde warriors he derisively refers to as his Dawg Soldiers.

Heroic Warrior
    Destroyor Bio

Destroyor is one of Hordak’s most valuable, and cruel, servants. He and Hordak grew to adulthood together, and Destroyor helped his dark master to seize control of Infinita. After spending time learning the secrets of techno from a clan of Trollans, Destroyor returned to the side of the one living being he calls friend and began to design weapons for him. Destroyor’s only joy in life is wreaking havok and causing suffering—and as a member of the Horde he is given ample opportunities to do just that.

motuc 042.jpgmotuc 043.jpg

Nice bios. I'm really digging Dawg-o-Tor's new bio and how it ties into solving the hostilities between Randor and Hordak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Nice bios. I'm really digging Dawg-o-Tor's new bio and how it ties into solving the hostilities between Randor and Hordak.
    Wahoo! Someone commented on my bios!

Surely, fame and fortune will soon be mine. I can't wait to move out of my parents' basement.

Thanks for the kind words, Joker95. Though I must admit that inspiration for the idea, like nearly everything else generated by anyone post 1975, came from Jack Kirby.

I liked the idea of Adora being raised by Hordak, but the kidnapping angle didn't work in my canon. Thus, the exchange of hostages.

Heroic Warrior
    Dekker Bio

Dekker has long been Randor’s closest friend—first fighting by the future king’s side during the Great Wars and then serving as his most dependable advisor. Dekker is considered one of the most formidable fighters in all Eternia, and he has taught many heroic warriors the art of personal combat. Dekker also served as Randor’s ambassador to the Etherians and played a pivotal role in establishing the alliance between Eternia and Etheria. Later in life, Dekker spent years wandering the nine worlds in search of knowledge, ultimately returning to Randor’s hall with a reputation for wisdom that equals, or exceeds, his fame as a warrior. He now serves the realm as the personal tutor—and protector—of Princess Adora.

Heroic Warrior
    I wanted to start filling in some of the big picture to complement the bios, so here's what I've got so far for "Preternia."

Preternia Bio

• The Nine Worlds are created
    • Three primordial beings are formed: Granamyr, Procrustus, and Skytree
    • The Star Seed arrives
    • A race of magical beings populate the Timeless Dimension
    • A race of snake men populate the Nameless Dimension
    • Procrustus has two sons: Tytus and Megator, who are the progenitors of the Eternian and Infinitan races
    • The Eternian and Infinitan races soon flourish
    • The first leader of the Eternian race is Vikor and Veena is his queen
    • An Infinitan named Demo-Man rises to power and precipitates centuries of intermittent strife between the Eternians and the Infinitans
    • Zodak arrives from the Timeless Dimension at the court of Vikor and the two become fast friends
    • The Unnamed One sends an army of snake men to conquer Eternia
    • Zodak discovers Castle Grayskull and magically ascertains that it is, paradoxically, older than the Nine Worlds
    • Vikor’s Eternian forces, aided by Zodak and several Infinitan allies, ultimately defeat the Snake Men invaders

I really like how you've given mysterious origins back to Castle Grayskull. I feel that the current MOTUC bios took all of the magic away from the Castle. Sure, the Elders/King Grayskull/Veena GAVE it magic later, but that pretty much just makes it a simple building that THEY chose.

Nope, not buying it, lol. The Castle needs to be mysterious and larger than life in its history. Glad to see you're giving it that treatment! MOTUC should have had King Grayskull name himself after the mysterious castle (something along the lines of, "I am the King of Grayskull!")...not have him build a castle and give it HIS name. Blah.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!