Thread: Who were you voting for?

Who were you voting for?

Being a Galatic Protector proofed to be tough last year and the fans had to vote for one out of three.

The choices were though to make and i really hated that idea since the NA fan base isnīt the biggest anyway and than force them to vote against each other wasīt cool.

I wanted to unite them again and drew them as a team.

And here they are my NA trio:

Mara Tuskador and Darius

I have drawn Mara before once and gave her one of the Galactimytes prototype weapon than already but this time around she comes with her shield as well. She is wearing her toy bikini outfit with some cartoon elements and some new details.

Tuskador is kept pretty much vintage toy figure like with some extra detailing on his paints.

And Darius as also very close to his prototype look. I only took the liberty and made him a little bit Ulysses since he always reminded me on him and now he has long hair(also very early 90īs) and a force field shield together with his mace which is also on a force fielded string.

The space ship window and Primus in the back were fun to do since i have never done something like that before.
    Last edited by Niki; January 11, 2014 at 01:21pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

…weird.

Itīs not that every picture of mine has gotten plenty of replies but this is the first (i think) with no reply. I really like it but none else seems to and it canīt be because of NA.

No answer is also an answer

I guess i simply have to get better
    Last edited by Niki; January 18, 2014 at 02:16pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

OwO This is just awesome. I'm loving how you drew Darius, makes him look more like a spacefaring warrior-king. Mara looks slightly derpy, but otherwise she looks very slim and beautiful. And the background kicks ass, making these three futuristic characters pop even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    OwO This is just awesome. I'm loving how you drew Darius, makes him look more like a spacefaring warrior-king. Mara looks slightly derpy, but otherwise she looks very slim and beautiful. And the background kicks ass, making these three futuristic characters pop even more.
    Oh thank, your comment really made my day..well night since itīs 2am here, i almost deleted that picture from the board this afternoon.

The word derpy is new for me i really donīt know what it means but the slim and beautiful sounds good, thank you.

All in all i really thank you for your kind words!
    Last edited by Niki; January 19, 2014 at 10:20am.

I appreciate you tackling characters that are normally out of your element Niki, we don't see NA art enough around here, for this image I like Darius & the background the best.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I appreciate you tackling characters that are normally out of your element Niki, we dn't see NA art enough around here, for this image I like Darius & the background the best.
    I know NA isnīt the most appreciated fraction but they are visible striking if you ask me. With their space themes they are a bit off when it comes to classic MOTU but MOTU itself stepped away from that starting with FILMATION and near to the end vintage releases where a Rodeo guy or a ninja.

And if we look at the latest comic incarnation there is no warrior vibe there anymore He-Man for me looks like a blonde baby face in an Ironman like uniform and Teela looks like G.I.Joes Scarlett more than anything.

Darius was fun to do. As always i started out with Mara but in the end i had more fun working on Darius. Tuskador is still on place four since i really enjoyed working on the background and most of all Primus.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I've just found out about your drawing and I like it a lot. It's very cool to see NA group pictures: these characters are so underrated and it's nice to see these guys together. Out of the three characters you've drawn, I guess I prefer Darius. Not only because he is one of my favourite NA character but also because I enjoyed his posture and his look. Thank you for giving us reinterpretations of characters we don't usually see in the forums and keep up the good work!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I like it! Especially Tuskador.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Same here. Well done. I like Tuskador best.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Now iīm really glad i havenīt deleted this picture and i didnīt expect all those kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I've just found out about your drawing and I like it a lot. It's very cool to see NA group pictures: these characters are so underrated and it's nice to see these guys together. Out of the three characters you've drawn, I guess I prefer Darius. Not only because he is one of my favourite NA character but also because I enjoyed his posture and his look. Thank you for giving us reinterpretations of characters we don't usually see in the forums and keep up the good work!
    I really like NA and iīm glad there are more people who think and feel the same about it as i do. NA introduced me to another strong female character and so iīm glad Mara inspired me to do this picture and thanks to Mattel and their horrible voting against members of the Galatic Protectors this piece happened. It proves good things can come from bad ideas.

My version of Darius isnīt to far from his original design but i gave him some extra things and i had fun recreating him. Iīm filled with joy that you as a fan of his approve

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Thank you, normally iīm not the best when it comes to big stocky characters but my…well… sometimes stiff style makes characters like him more believable
    Iīm really glad you like him he is one of my favorite Galatic Protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Same here. Well done. I like Tuskador best.
    Thank you very much, your words made me very happy
    Last edited by Niki; January 19, 2014 at 08:10pm.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    A great representation! I generally prefer Mara's cartoon look over the prototype outfit, but you make it look really nice. I hope that we get all three of them before MOTUC ends, they are some of the best galactic protectors

Sorry you didn't get a lot of responses. I think it just might be the time of year, January has seemed a bit slow.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    A great representation! I generally prefer Mara's cartoon look over the prototype outfit, but you make it look really nice. I hope that we get all three of them before MOTUC ends, they are some of the best galactic protectors

Sorry you didn't get a lot of responses. I think it just might be the time of year, January has seemed a bit slow.
    I donīt think itīs personal, i get the feeling in general lately that the Fan-Art section is not as popular as to used to be. I always loved to look at others works and talk about their interpretations and styles and enjoyed when others said things about my works and give advises or critiques. Everything helps to get better.

Iīm simply missing that and also i simply like it when i could make someone happy by choosing his or her favorite character.

Sure, iīm very POP orientated since thatīs my most favorite fraction but lately i have drawn Draego-Man, Snout Spout, the Fighting Foe Men(Sherrilyn and Dawg-O-Tor), a Fan commission or Evil-Lyn as well.

I canīt wait to see Maras MOTUC figure and Tuskador and Darius deserve their figures for sure.

Thank you for your words and even though Mara is not wearing your preferred outfit iīm glad you enjoyed the whole picture

Hope we eventually get all three. I voted for Mara and hope we get her cartoon ambassador look best.

Great job! I love your work.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Hope we eventually get all three. I voted for Mara and hope we get her cartoon ambassador look best.

Great job! I love your work.
    As you can see i like the asymmetrical design her ambassador has but iīm just a fan of bikini designs so i simply have to go for it. I donīt like the collar or the sleeves the cartoon outfit has but maybe the FOUR HORSEMEN surprise me…

And since we donīt know what her figure will look like we simply have to wait and keep on speculating

Thank you for your kind words, i simply enjoy to draw MOTU/POP pictures and i hope as much as i enjoy doing them people enjoy looking at it