Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article about the possible director.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    What's Joe Cornish like as a director? - I've not seen any of his work.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    What's Joe Cornish like as a director? - I've not seen any of his work.
    He’s still an up and comer. He’s only directed one film (before that he did loads of TV work), but it was very well received. It’s an English film called Attack the Block. It’s a sci-fi comedy about an alien invasion of an estate in London. Quite a fun film. Small and simple, but he does a lot with a very minimal budget. It has a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. He’s also a writer. He had a hand in the Tintin script and he co-wrote Marvel's upcoming Ant-Man.

He would be a good pick, IMO. No disrespect to Jon Chu, but I much prefer Cornish’s resume, however short it may be, to Chu’s before he came on board MOTU. I think Cornish is capable of delivering a far superior film.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    He’s still an up and comer. He’s only directed one film (before that he did loads of TV work), but it was very well received. It’s an English film called Attack the Block. It’s a sci-fi comedy about an alien invasion of an estate in London. Quite a fun film. Small and simple, but he does a lot with a very minimal budget. It has a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. He’s also a writer. He had a hand in the Tintin script and he co-wrote Marvel's upcoming Ant-Man.

He would be a good pick, IMO. No disrespect to Jon Chu, but I much prefer Cornish’s resume, however short it may be, to Chu’s before he came on board MOTU. I think Cornish is capable of delivering a far superior film.
    Cool thanks for that. AOTB doesn't sound that great but I'll give it a go.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Well, we can also now strike off Phil Lord and Chris Miller from the list. Someone just asked Devon about them on Twitter and this was his response:

they like the script but they aren't avail right now, they are on 22 jump street
    A shame. I was really hoping for these two. Their track record thus far has been great. The LEGO Movie is also getting incredibly good reviews.

A bit miffed they didn't get it, the Lego movie is getting positive reviews, it would have been nice for some of the positivity to rub off onto MOTU.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Obviously Sony wants a director as soon as possible, they will not wait until June,a good thing.

Update.

1-Joe Cornish (ATTACK OF THE BLOCK)
    2-Rian Johnson (LOOPER)
    3-Andy Muschietti (MAMA)
    4-Kirk DeMicco & Chris Sanders (THE CROODS)
    5-Phil Lord and Chris Miller (21 JUMP STREET)

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Obviously Sony wants a director as soon as possible, they will not wait until June,a good thing.

Update.

1-Joe Cornish (ATTACK OF THE BLOCK)
    2-Rian Johnson (LOOPER)
    3-Andy Muschietti (MAMA)
    4-Kirk DeMicco & Chris Sanders (THE CROODS)
    5-Phil Lord and Chris Miller (21 JUMP STREET)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...22981728_n.png
    I'm sorry did I miss something, what do you mean they will not wait until June? Did Sony release that info?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    I'm sorry did I miss something, what do you mean they will not wait until June? Did Sony release that info?
    I mean June is the month of 22 JUMP STREET premiere, directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller would be available after that date but apparently Sony will not wait for them until that date, DeVon said they aren't avail right now.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; February 6, 2014 at 01:05pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I mean June is the month of 22 JUMP STREET premiere, directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller would be available after that date but apparently Sony will not wait for them until that date, DeVon said they aren't avail right now.
    I got it now. Thanks for clearing that up. I was really hoping you had some "insider knowledge".

As of now, I think Joe Cornish is quite likely. Hell, he could already have the job for all we know. We all saw how long it was before an official announcement was made about Terry Rossio working on the script, when Devon casually let it drop on Twitter about a month before.

Heroic Warrior
    hope this is the right place.

Jump to the end.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...l-motu-rumors/

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    hope this is the right place.

Jump to the end.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...l-motu-rumors/
    Thanks for the link. Well, it’s certainly not a rumour, as Devon Franklin himself confirmed that they “like the script”, which would mean Sony definitely approached them.

This is all so exciting!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!