Thread: Which countries carried "He-Man" toys?

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar

Which countries carried "He-Man" toys?

Hey all. I'm building a MotU database on a toy collecting website (shmax.com, since you asked ), and I'm having trouble finding info about which countries outside of the US the New Adventures toys were sold in. Going by the languages on the European cards, it appears that NA toys were sold in the UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, and the Netherlands; did any other European countries sell NA toys on the standard Euro card? What about Canada and Mexico; did they get NA, and if they did, did they get them on the US English-only cards, the multilingual Euro cards, or did they get their own English/French and Spanish cards? Is there a website that has all of this info and more that I haven't been able to find? Grayskull Museum was a big help, but there was no info on Canada and Mexico releases that I could find.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon

Finland did, on multilanguage euro card. What we had interesting was promotional material. The line was called Super He-Man on every ad, magazine, sticker and video. As seen on my profile pic.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    Finland did, on multilanguage euro card. What we had interesting was promotional material. The line was called Super He-Man on every ad, magazine, sticker and video. As seen on my profile pic.
    What an odd way to market the line. Thanks!

Anyone have any info about He-Man releases in other countries?

Former Yugoslavia had He-Man toys on european cards. Yugoslavia was a federation of states today known as: Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia Hercegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Kosovo. Mattel was represented by local distributors, I can't remember what the name of the company was though. I know that the company was based in Rijeka (now Croatia), I remember calling them and they were so cool, they were sending me all the catalogs.

Awesome! Did Yugoslavia and Finland miss out on any toys, or did they both get the entire series?

Not 100% certain but I think the last wave of figures never made it here.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

We got NA in Norway. I still have my Icarius somewhere. They weren't super popular, but consider that they competed with Transformers, TMNT, G.I. Joe, and Dino Riders (that actually was a big thing). When they appeared, I had a hard time believing they were legitimate He-Man toys.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Master of New Adventures!
    This is enough to get me momentarily out of hibernation: Crita in Croatia.

I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Former Yugoslavia had He-Man toys on european cards. Yugoslavia was a federation of states today known as: Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia Hercegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Kosovo. Mattel was represented by local distributors, I can't remember what the name of the company was though. I know that the company was based in Rijeka (now Croatia), I remember calling them and they were so cool, they were sending me all the catalogs.