Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mattel doesn't care what you want but perhaps Hasbro does? (not a toy thread)

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    GI Joe back in the day wasn't selling in it's current size any longer, and I'm sure Vietnam didn't help Soldier toy sales.
    Fact: The original G.I.Joe line only ran 4 years. 1964 - 1968. The war backlash occurred almost immediately, and existing sets were retooled as 'The Adventures of GIJoe" in 1969, and in 1970 a completely new play pattern was marketed with GIJoe - The Adventure Team. Non-military world-touring romps in the jungle to rescue/recover/explore. No war. It ran until 1976, when the oil embargo made it too costly to manufacture 12" figures.

But Madison Carter is wrong. GIJoe came back in 1978 as an 8" "SuperJoe" Star Trek rip-off. Hasbro may not have found success with SuperJoe, but the point is they tried.

And G.I.Joe has come back again and again. In 1982, as we all know. In 1994 as a 12" line again (which ran until around 2004). The 4" figures came back in 2002 (after 8 years of on-and-off retailer exclusive repaints of the originals). An 8" anime-inspired line came in 2005 (Sigma 6) that tried to reinvent the concept. And since 2007 we've had a collector's line, a web series (Resolute), 2 movies, and a new cartoon series (Renegades).

Many of these revamps failed to win over the kids, and GIJoe is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary in relative obscurity, but Hasbro *keeps* trying.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    No offence to TC, but name one Brand Manager at Hasbro.
    Aaron Archer. He was even parodied on Transformers: Animated.

Name one or two sculptors or artists that have directly worked on the toy lines at Hasbro.
    Emiliano Santalucia. Guido Guidi. Marcelo Matere. Pat Lee. Don Figueroa. Derrick J. Wyatt. And most of these guys were fan artists who were hired by Hasbro.

Have you ever had any kind of dialogue with them? Does Hasbro have an interactive Company-Fan Exchange?
    You can hit up many of these guys at deviantart or their respective Facebook pages. Some do podcasts too. As far as Hasbro themselves, they do hold Q&A's at conventions just like Toyguru does. The difference is that TG answers questions ALL THE TIME, even when he's off on weekends and holidays.

Not sure about all Mattel brands, but I know that MOTUC brand has the most accessible employees I have ever seen. We are really spoiled in that we have near direct access and on some level, INPUT to the people who create the products we buy. I can't say I have observed this with any other toy company.

If I am wrong, I apologize, but I think Hasbro is a lot less accessible and less concerned with niche brands and more concerned with mass market retail brands.
    I saw this with the original SOTA and it's Street Fighter line. Every Friday night, Jerry would come onto the forums at Action-Figures.com and answer fan questions and concerns.

Ironically I saw this at the TFWiki entry for Hasbro...

Relationship with fandom

Hasbro showed they love the fans by giving a tour of their offices during BotCon 2007. Hasbro showed they hate the fans by including this!

Fandom's relationship with Hasbro is as paradoxical and confusing as our relationships with our parents. They are an incredible source of joy and happiness, as well as the focal point of rage and blame for pretty much everyone in the Transformers community. To much of the fandom, Hasbro's actual involvement in the Transformers franchise is rarely acknowledged when not negative. Many view their activities to consist entirely of:

• Slapping fans in the face.
    • Getting things all wrong.
    • Screwing up Takara's toys.
    • Being lazy.
    • Trying to make money.
    • Ruining everything forever.

When they found the time to create and maintain a successful, celebrated franchise that was the basis of 30 years of obsession and happiness for the exact same fans is unknown.
    I see alot of parallels with our fandom.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    The sculpts by the Four Horsemen in Masters of the Universe Classics fax exceed anything I've ever seen Hasbro do.
    There are the Masterpiece figures. The Classics/Generations figures are hit-or-miss, but the good ones are some of the finest retail-priced versions of the characters we have (or ever will) get. Last year's Springer toy has been heralded as one of the nicest toys of the year from ANY line.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think it's tough to compare MOTU and GI JOE or Transformers.
    Sure, but these are the most apt comparisons, as these are the properties directly owned by the companies and not just properties that are contracted out by Marvel, DC, or LucasArts.

YES... MOTU took a few years off in limbo. GI Joe has been going steady for 30 years, but what have we gotten in that line? FORTY NINE versions of Duke. FIFTY THREE versions of Cobra Commander... 49 snakes eyes, even 17 versions of shipwreck for goodness sakes...

and of course SIXTY SEVEN versions of Snake eyes...

How many optimus primes have we seen over the year? forty?? Bumblebee?? probably at least half that...
    When you release wave after wave after wave of retail figures, you are going to mix in the "popular" characters. How many He-Mans came out in a few waves of each version of MOTU?

In addition to those "mainstream" guys, you get the obscure characters. Yes, an Orion Pax and Bumblebee came out in the recent wave of Transformers: Generations. You know who else is coming out? Waspinator. Rhinox. Scoop. Rattrap. TANKOR?!?!

The point is that when you are able to continually release wave of toys, the main guys are going to be released. Kind of like how Classics alone has released a total of 12 He-Mans and Skeletors in a little over four years of MOTUC.

So the question is... which one is BETTER??

do we really WANT 50 versions of He-man? Transformers has missed more then it's hit over the years too...

I'm really of the thought that He-man has ONE good story in him. Pre-filmation is a bit over and done with... New Adventures sucked. Son of He-man has no interest to me at all.. Even when the snakemen and horde start stealing Skeletor's thunder it started to wane a bit... Pre-eternia?? Dinosaurs are cool, but I didn't like where the story was going...

I think I kind of prefer the 'focused' approach that Mattel did with this line, and 5-6 years from now, I'd rather see it start over here, than 'constantly evolve' into something I DON'T like...
    Hasbro continuing to push its properties has resulted in two of the most beloved versions of Transformers- Beast Wars and TF: Animated. If Mattel showed the same determination in pushing MOTU, maybe we would have had a fiction renaissance like TF has had.

It seems that you have one and only one version of MOTU that you are a fan of. I think that's a little short-sighted, but I'm not going to tell you what to like. But I will say that your idea of how to run the line will absolutely ice out the possibility of other fans coming across versions of the property that could become THEIR new favorite.

I'm not going to go as far as to say that Hasbro cares 'more' about their properties. I will definitely say that they are more determined to get them out to retail, which has resulted in far more mainstream awareness for their lines than MOTU has had. Whether you like the movies or not, they make it easier to produce toys and fiction based on other segments of the TF and Joe universes. More awareness is always better than obscurity.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; February 6, 2014 at 08:40am.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A few points:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I do not agree with your arguments. I see the exact opposite. I have never seen the amount of fan interaction and genuine concern for customer concerns that Mattel and the MOTUC crew have shown.
    Actions speak louder than words. When fans complained about the elimination of the "o" ring joint in the new GI Joe vs. Cobra line, Hasbro went back and altered the molds for the second wave and thereafter. How many times has Mattel heard consumer complaints that involved less re-working and responded with "we can't do that" (female skirts, anyone?). How long did it take for a simple thing like Keldor's swords to get a green light despite demand simply because it didn't fit Mattel's ideas? One can make a case Mattel talks more with us, which is laudable, but as for actually listening...

And there are a whole slew of hurdles that must be cleared for any film to be made. Mattel is not a film production company. They can not simply will a movie to happen, no matter ho much they care or not.
    Hasbro made it happen for Transformers and GI Joe, and has their own cable channel. It's not that Mattel cannot; it's that they aren't willing to put up the capital and resources needed to do it. Their idea of getting a movie made is going from studio to studio begging them to make a movie. Hasbro took a bolder step and helped make the movies happen, and, despite what some fans may think of them, said movies made a lot of money.

And you argue that Mattel gave up on MOTU, as if Hasbro never bailed on GI Joe in the 90's. Mattel is on it's 3rd revamp of MOTU since 1987. That tells me they are pretty committed to the brand.
    But Hasbro, for over a decade, has kept their properties going almost without a break. The whole thing is actually a very simple difference between the companies. Hasbro looks at a long term vision; Mattel basically looks at maximizing the short term profits. I've seen Mattel basically sink a whole line so they didn't have to eat some loss on a single wave (the 6" Batman line went down like this, basically ending the line's iffy chances of continuing so Mattel could pawn off the last wave overseas and to the direct market). Mattel's idea of vision is "get out the last vintage figures before the subs die out." Hasbro treats its properties as that: properties. Entertainment properties, not just toy lines. Now, Mattel has dabbled in that idea, most recently with their Monster High stuff, with webisodes and the occasional straight to DVD movie. But that's the exception with Mattel, and it's an idea not used where it could do the most good. Most of their outside the toy aisle efforts are aimed at Barbie, which is probably their strongest line, and really doesn't need the extra boost. Mattel's approach is scattershot, and way too focused on short term profit instead of long term vision. How many times in the MOTUC line did TG intimate that one, single MOTUC figure not selling out could have a major impact on the line? And relying on the sub model ensures a minimum of new customers coming in to replace old ones being chased away. Mattycollector was exactly the kind of forward thinking, long term vision enterprise that one would hope Mattel would pursue, but a combination of poor choices likely driven as much by penny pinching as business sense and he resultant problems with DR hurt that venture immeasurably. The same kind of cost cutting mentality led to the recalls and QC problems across a broad spectrum of their product (the first waves of Monster High were famous for falling apart because of cheap construction).

Now, admittedly, Hasbro is not perfect. Googly eyed figures are almost a staple, and an increased reliance on poorly articulated Happy Meal figures that aren't selling is a growing problem. But they do have a vision, and, most importantly, put their money where their vision is. it may not always be a rousing success (the Hub has struggled some from what I've heard), but the company is moving forward rather than stalling. I would be very surprised if they didn't surpass Mattel over the next decade and take over the top toy maker slot. Mattel can't depend on Barbie, Fisher Price, and Hot Wheels forever...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Just because GI Joe 3.75 and Transformers have remained pretty consistent on store shelves for 30 years doesnt mean the oys are still any good. GI Joe is all but gone from retail-probably forever, I think the new film doomed all future of it at retail an the most recent Transformers have been pretty bad, the quailty has been going down hill fast since Energon I think. There are a few good ones, Metroplex, for example. But TF glory days are LONG LONG behind them. and SW has become a joke with the Mission/Black Series. MOTUC is the ONLY new line I collect. I stopped TF with Metroplex and GI Joe I only have my vintage collection- sold off everything made after the line folden in 1994.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    Just because GI Joe 3.75 and Transformers have remained pretty consistent on store shelves for 30 years doesnt mean the oys are still any good. GI Joe is all but gone from retail-probably forever, I think the new film doomed all future of it at retail an the most recent Transformers have been pretty bad, the quailty has been going down hill fast since Energon I think. There are a few good ones, Metroplex, for example. But TF glory days are LONG LONG behind them. and SW has become a joke with the Mission/Black Series. MOTUC is the ONLY new line I collect. I stopped TF with Metroplex and GI Joe I only have my vintage collection- sold off everything made after the line folden in 1994.
    Are you serious?

1. GI Joe is not "gone from retail forever". That is a joke. Hasbro's whole deal is that they don't let one failure prevent them from pushing forward with new product.

2. "The TF quality has gone downhill since Energon"? Wow. I guess the Alternators line, Masterpiece line, TF: Animated, and the Classics/Universe/Generations lines don't exist. While I certainly won't say that every figure has been a home run, but as I said before-the "Classics" lines have provided us with some of the best versions of beloved characters that will ever be released at a kid-friendly retail price.

3. To say that the TF Glory days are long behind them is basically admitting that you just haven't been paying close attention for about a decade.

Transformers quality gone down since Energon?

Really?

I guess we'll just chalk this up to a difference of opinion, because Classics/ Generations And many of the ROTF toys especially the Leader Class Prime, were really well made. The Deluxes now may suffer from cutting back, but the Generations Voyagers are very nice.

Not sure what you're talking about other than a few flops like Universe Galvatron. But every toy line has a few duds.

I also guess the Masterpiece line is crap too....They are Transformers, and to also say Transformers quality has decreased is to also blame Takara, not just Hasbro. They are both responsible for designs and engineering of the modern lines.

And how is Star Wars Black a joke? The 6" line is a good line, and thus far the only issue is maybe Leia's eyes, which I don't have a real issue with.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 6, 2014 at 10:07am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I bought all the RID/Armada/Energon/Animated...etc, even the movie lines, but compare that garbage to the G1, you just cant, the hard plastic, the die cast, its all gone, today there too many snap-on ball joints, hollow plastic, snap-on limbs have really made the figures really cheap looking. There have been a few gems in TF, i bought all the Classics-a great line, but the TV show lines are pretty weak overall.

no one I know is buying SW they are just retread after retread, SW has dried up. and going back to 5 POA was a bad idea for Mission series.
    after having 500+ modern SW in my collection- the appeal is gone. I will buy a new figure if its one that hasnt appeared in the films before, and a sucker for droids and Jedi Lukes though.

Masterpiece are good but way over priced. Hasbro is playing off the adult collectors for that line. And its funny that this is the line people always bring up when defending TF, because all the others have become junk.

You can't tell me that 60.00 for Beast Hunter Optimus Prime is worth it? lol! its just a mess of plastic, Most Beast Hunters are kibble crazy messes.
    And yes GI Joe has just become an overprice subscription line now-much like Masters. the movie line was just bad, the only thing i bought was the Eaglehawk for vintage reasons.
    Last edited by Spikor1982; February 6, 2014 at 10:45am.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I brought up Masterpiece because you said there weren't any good TF toys being made. I started with the first, most obvious flaw in your statement. I backed that up with the Classics line, which you yourself just agreed with. Classics turned into HenKei, Universe, and Generations. Each of those lines has had some truly fantasic toys that easily overshadowed the duds like Galvatron.

Nobody is doing die-cast anymore because it is cost prohibitive, and many times won't pass safety standards. Also, those ball joints are intended to make sure that if a kid-the actual target audience for these things-twists it the wrong way, he doesn't ruin they toy.

As for the Beast Hunters, the Voyager Prime is a great toy. As is the Voyager Shockwave. I can't speak on the Leader class stuff, as I don't often buy them anymore.

And I am noticing a "everything new is terrible because things from before are better" tone to your argument. Sure, the materials used today aren't what were being used back in the 80's. However, you simply can't compare the engineering that has gone into these things with that which came 30 years ago. Stand Generations Springer next to G1 Springer and tell me the latter is a better toy. Either you can't, or you are kidding yourself.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    [SIZE=1]

This thread is about Marketing.This thread is about Fiction that drives the franchise and FAN INVOLVEMENT not customer relations. This thread has almost nothing to do with toys.

I was talking about the gap between the era between the comics and the novels. This thread isn't about Toys. It is about marketing and stories in relation to toys. It is about fan empowerment, and the ability of a corporation to work with it's knowledgeable dedicated customer base, not against it.
    Then this thread and the entire argument are extremely misleading, as Hasbro had ZILCH to do with keeping Star Wars marketing going and in the public eye for years. That was all LucasFilm/LucasArts. It's not apples/apples comparison or even an apples/oranges comparison, you're trying to compare an apple with a jetliner.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    And G.I.Joe has come back again and again. In 1982, as we all know. In 1994 as a 12" line again (which ran until around 2004). The 4" figures came back in 2002 (after 8 years of on-and-off retailer exclusive repaints of the originals). An 8" anime-inspired line came in 2005 (Sigma 6) that tried to reinvent the concept. And since 2007 we've had a collector's line, a web series (Resolute), 2 movies, and a new cartoon series (Renegades).

Many of these revamps failed to win over the kids, and GIJoe is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary in relative obscurity, but Hasbro *keeps* trying.
    You forgot the "GI Joe is taking a new direction" with that Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles. Remember that? Great concept, (around mid-90's if I recall correctly), but it totally failed to take off.

If you talk to the folks supporting Hasbro's product they are considered by fans to be just as 'evil' (if not more so) as you are portraying Mattel to be here. There is no perfect scenario for supporting adult fans as we are so divided over what we want. Kids are fairly all in when a line hits, but adults are always chasing the rainbow of trying to recapture their youth, so are extremely picky. Just read through any of the various subscription threads when they crop up and fans are divided over nearly every thing.

Given the landscape of adult collecting I think Mattel does an okay job. Their biggest Achilles Heel is and will always be the ineptness of Digital River. If they could just drop those butt clowns they'd be that much better off in sealing the breech with fans. Hasbro doesn't have to contend with DR which I suppose makes them better than Mattel, but not really.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

This is one of the most ironic threads I have ever seen here. If anything, I feel the exact opposite of this --habro from what I've seen has NO interaction with fans on what they want,etc.. At least MOTUC has TG who comes on here asking questions, has panels to discuss what we want,etc... I have YET to see anything remotely like that with Transformers, GI Joe or Starwars.... So, cliff notes version: I think this thread is off base....

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    And I am noticing a "everything new is terrible because things from before are better" tone to your argument.
    They don't....make em like they used to.

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I bought all the RID/Armada/Energon/Animated...etc, even the movie lines, but compare that garbage to the G1, you just cant, the hard plastic, the die cast, its all gone, today there too many snap-on ball joints, hollow plastic, snap-on limbs have really made the figures really cheap looking. There have been a few gems in TF, i bought all the Classics-a great line, but the TV show lines are pretty weak overall.

Favoring the G1 characters over others is one thing, but the G1 figures were almost all "bricks", a Transfandom term for being non-poseable except for the arms moving up and down. Nowadays TFs can transform into action figures. Not to mention G1 characters snapping in half like Mirage and Metroplex, or the car hoods breaking off the Datsun Autobots. Today, if a TF's arm comes off, I can put it back in it's socket. If it were G1, the figure was gone.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Tangent: What's so bad about Universe Galvatron? With his strong roles in the original UK comics (which I'm finally getting to read) and Regeneration 1, I've been thinking of picking up a representation of the character to go up against my G1 Ultra Magnus and Powermaster Optimus Prime. I'm leaning towards trying to track down a G1 version, but if there's a compelling reason to avoid UniGalvatron, I'd like to know about it.

EDIT: And looking at Amazon reviews, it's looking like he falls apart easily. G1 or Energon Megatron it is, then.
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; February 6, 2014 at 02:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    This is one of the most ironic threads I have ever seen here. If anything, I feel the exact opposite of this --habro from what I've seen has NO interaction with fans on what they want,etc.. At least MOTUC has TG who comes on here asking questions, has panels to discuss what we want,etc... I have YET to see anything remotely like that with Transformers, GI Joe or Starwars.... So, cliff notes version: I think this thread is off base....
    How much have all of those questions TG asked really made a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Tangent: What's so bad about Universe Galvatron? With his strong roles in the original UK comics (which I'm finally getting to read) and Regeneration 1, I've been thinking of picking up a representation of the character to go up against my G1 Ultra Magnus and Powermaster Optimus Prime. I'm leaning towards trying to track down a G1 version, but if there's a compelling reason to avoid UniGalvatron, I'd like to know about it.

EDIT: And looking at Amazon reviews, it's looking like he falls apart easily. G1 or Energon Megatron it is, then.
    He's tiny and not particularly well articulated. Some folks weren't happy that his alt mode was a tank instead of a space cannon. I don't have a big problem with him, but that's because I don't play with him a lot and his diminutive size is less obvious next to Rodimus.

no one I know is buying SW they are just retread after retread, SW has dried up. and going back to 5 POA was a bad idea for Mission series.
    after having 500+ modern SW in my collection- the appeal is gone. I will buy a new figure if its one that hasnt appeared in the films before, and a sucker for droids and Jedi Lukes though.

Masterpiece are good but way over priced. Hasbro is playing off the adult collectors for that line. And its funny that this is the line people always bring up when defending TF, because all the others have become junk.

You can't tell me that 60.00 for Beast Hunter Optimus Prime is worth it? lol! its just a mess of plastic, Most Beast Hunters are kibble crazy messes.
    And yes GI Joe has just become an overprice subscription line now-much like Masters. the movie line was just bad, the only thing i bought was the Eaglehawk for vintage reasons.
    Wow....

I guess you have your opinion, and we all have ours, none are junk as you say, but hey whatever.

Masterpiece is still Transformers, and you never once gave a specific type of line to compare to, all you said was "since" Energon, and Masterpiece is "since" Energon.... And it's only your opinion that all others have become junk, and Star Wars is not worth collecting. the Black 6" line is a new scale line that Star Wars has never head, and I for one, am for the first time having a SW collection because I hate 4" figures....so again, your opinion.

And yeah, possibly modern Transformers at that price point that aren't Masterpiece are just a mess, and destined to shelf warm. But at $40 back in ROTF, the Leader Class Prime was money well spent. But this new AOE Leader Prime for $55....hell no, and Movie lines since DOTM, not standard lines like Classics have suffered from cut backs, but Classics thrives.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 6, 2014 at 03:01pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Wow....

I guess you have your opinion, and we all have ours, none are junk as you say, but hey whatever.

Masterpiece is still Transformers, and you never once gave a specific type of line to compare to, all you said was "since" Energon, and Masterpiece is "since" Energon.... And it's only your opinion that all others have become junk, and Star Wars is not worth collecting. the Black 6" line is a new scale line that Star Wars has never head, and I for one, am for the first time having a SW collection because I hate 4" figures....so again, your opinion.

And yeah, possibly modern Transformers at that price point that aren't Masterpiece are just a mess, and destined to shelf warm. But at $40 back in ROTF, the Leader Class Prime was money well spent. But this new AOE Leader Prime for $55....hell no, and Movie lines since DOTM, not standard lines like Classics have suffered from cut backs, but Classics thrives.
    ROFLMAO! You're skipping AOE Leader Prime too? That back kibble makes him look like a Voyager. But that's because Hasbro is trying to make TF's easier to transform. ROTF Prime is the gold standard for movieverse Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post

Yeah, Universe Galvatron was supposed to be a Voyager, but scaled back because of costs to a Deluxe, he was supposed to have a Canon styled alt mode combined with the ability to turn into a tank, making him a slight Triple Changer....which is why those little feet are on his back, leftovers from the full gun mode the Voyager was to have.

Needless to say the scaleback didn't translate too well to the figure being tight....it never should have been released if you ask me. That thing was the epitome of a QC nightmare.

The Deluxe is and was a floppy ass mess, I hated taking it out of the package. As was the Voyager Animated Blitzwing, his legs flopped in tank mode because there was not one tab to hold them in place. Since then, I see they are tab crazy now, which is a good thing, at least they are far more solid than before.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 6, 2014 at 03:08pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    How much have all of those questions TG asked really made a difference?
    Well, we had the black plastic issue resolved, we got Castle Greyskull (after fans begged for years), we got Keldor's duel swords and MAA arm cannon after fans begged, we got protective boxes after fans complained about damaged packaging, were getting a 200x head addon package after fans begged for that for years (which honestly should have been inculded with the figures themselves like they were at first--but hey...), and I'm sure I missed a few things too. So, let's be fair here.... BTW, I'm still waiting on a Galvatron figure (after fans have complained since that deluxe reveal a few years back...) that doesnt look like something you'd give to a dog to chew

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ROFLMAO! You're skipping AOE Leader Prime too? That back kibble makes him look like a Voyager. But that's because Hasbro is trying to make TF's easier to transform. ROTF Prime is the gold standard for movieverse Optimus.
    I did make a pact with myself after seeing what they did to the DOTM toys....I would never buy another movie toy again. I bought DOTM deluxe Thundercracker, and Ratchet....and that was it. My ultimate movie Bumblebee is Battle Blade Bee, and my Ultimate movie Prime is the ROTF Leader....so I'm all good, and I have what I consider the best versions of the other characters, scale be damned. Plus, I hate the Prime redesign.

But, yeah, that new Prime....eh. For what he is, for $55....easy pass even if I did collect movie toys now. $55.... for that....not even for my kid. If I was going to pay $55 for an upscaled Activators Class without the transform mechanism, I'd just buy him a MP Prime, the price point would match....$120 for the YOTH Prime with trailer and full detail and full articulation vs half for a Transformers Nesting Doll Prime....Which my YOTH Prime should be getting here any minute....my first MP-10 mold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Well, we had the black plastic issue resolved, we got Castle Greyskull (after fans begged for years), we got Keldor's duel swords and MAA arm cannon after fans begged, we got protective boxes after fans complained about damaged packaging, were getting a 200x head addon package after fans begged for that for years (which honestly should have been inculded with the figures themselves like they were at first--but hey...), and I'm sure I missed a few things too. So, let's be fair here.... BTW, I'm still waiting on a Galvatron figure (after fans have complained since that deluxe reveal a few years back...) that doesnt look like something you'd give to a dog to chew
    They should have waited until now in the Generations line to release the Voyager he was supposed to be, instead of scaling it back and making a crap ass Deluxe. Judging by the pics I saw of his Prototype a few years back, he would have been between Springer and Blitzwing in size and bulk.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Whatever may be said---Leader Class Sentinel Prime (rotf) is an absolutely FANTASTIC figure
    Even though his portrayl in the movie was not so great, I've grafted him into my own TF canon due to how much I love the figure

Yeah, Universe Galvatron was supposed to be a Voyager, but scaled back because of costs to a Deluxe, he was supposed to have a Canon styled alt mode combined with the ability to turn into a tank, making him a slight Triple Changer....which is why those little feet are on his back, leftovers from the full gun mode the Voyager was to have.

Needless to say the scaleback didn't translate too well to the figure being tight....it never should have been released if you ask me. That thing was the epitome of a QC nightmare.

The Deluxe is and was a floppy ass mess, I hated taking it out of the package. As was the Voyager Animated Blitzwing, his legs flopped in tank mode because there was not one tab to hold them in place. Since then, I see they are tab crazy now, which is a good thing, at least they are far more solid than before.
    I heard that Galvatron was a deluxe because they already had a Voyager tank Transformer out for that year.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    If these are "just toys" then they would have dissipated with our childhoods. The simple fact that they are still alive, still marketable. That people like you and me keep them alive means that we have an emotional investment in them.
    This said it all for me Lord Fallen Eldor. Great statement.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.