Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will We See Princess of Power 30 Year Anniversary Figures?

Will We See Princess of Power 30 Year Anniversary Figures?

Will there be any Princess of Power 30 Year Anniversary Figures. If so, which ones will Mattel make.

Will Mattel base their decision as to the 30 Year Anniverasy Figures for Masters of the Universe. Maybe also a figure contest, fan vote and a Mattel PoP Figure?

What do you guys think?
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    Will there be any Princess of Power 30 Year Anniversary Figures. If so, which ones will Mattel make.

Will Mattel base their decision as to the 30 Year Anniverasy Figures for Masters of the Universe. Maybe also a figure contest, fan vote and a Mattel PoP Figure?

What do you guys think?
    I highly doubt it, as they don't seem focused on POP in the least. I doubt you'll see a similar thing to the 30th MOTU anniversary. Even Scott is dead set on counting the Horde figures in Classics as POP figures that have been released, even though they were released as Vintage MOTU figures, despite being used in the cartoon. So, I don't foresee a special effort.

We may get a sticker or a burst!
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's possible that we'll see:

- Barbie as "She-Ra: Princess of Power"; and

- Toy-design She-Ra vs. Toy-design Catra in a special two-pack (since the toy variants have otherwise been excluded from Toyguru's promise to release all vintage PoP by the end of 2015).

But, unfortunately, it seems unlikely that we'll see a PoP mini-sub. And I'm not sure we'd see much more than the above possibilities.

It would be nice to see at least one concept PoP character and my preference would be for the protoype She-Ra (generally referred to as He-Ra) with the black bikini. Both of He-Man's prototypes/original concepts (Vikor and Vykron) have been released and it would be cool to see She-Ra's prototype/original concept also released.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think it's possible we'll see an add on sub of POP figures, like last year's Filmation sub. I had forgotten that this is the 30th for She-Ra (feeling old again), and it seems it would be the perfect way for Mattel to commemorate it. I doubt we'll see much outside that, as we saw relatively little for the Masters 30th outside the add on sub, but I'd settle for filling out the Etherian ranks a little faster with six extra figures.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    It would be good if the POP fans have something to mark the occasion. The thing with the MOTU thirtieth, though, was it didn't really represent MOTU. It was just half a dozen new figures. A POP batch might be equally unrepresentative.

Although I really liked a couple of the MOTU thirtieth figures, I still think special editions of known characters or early minicomic characters would have been a far better way to mark the anniversary.

If a POP thirtieth is on the cards, I hope for the POP fans it does better justice to their faction than the MOTU one did.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Seriously doubt there will be anything on the PoP front. PoP is sort of the stepchild of MOTU. Honestly that Mattel even chose to include it is nothing short of a miracle. Im content with the representation we already receive.

Maybe in the least, they can put Swift Wind back into production and sell him and a version of She-ra in a discounted gift set, like they did for He-Man and Battle-Cat on what was considered the actual 30th anniversary day.

I think they're going to unofficially count this year as the celebratory year, probably starting in about 10 days.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think they're going to unofficially count this year as the celebratory year, probably starting in about 10 days.
    The early toys are labelled 1984 after all...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    They should give out commemorative tiaras at SDCC or at least party hats. And a cake boss cake of course!

Let the celebration begin!

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    Will there be any Princess of Power 30 Year Anniversary Figures?
    No........
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I don't know if there'll be a POP anniversary figure, yet I hope we get to see the remaining POP vintage figures and a few Filmation guys (Vultak, Twiggets, Granita, Hunga, Sunder for example) in the next two years.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Duke... You always make me smile.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing things like this. Nostalgia overload. What wouldn't I give to be able to go back to the early - mid 80's for just one day, and do nothing but spend the entire day in my old Toys R Us. *sigh* I really hope they do SOMETHING commemorative. PoP deserves it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I was referring to the ad^
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Heroic Warrior
    Must contain excitement. Must lower expectations. Must prepare for disappointment.

But otherwise, WOO HOO!

I think I like where this is going.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Does that mean a POP 30th Anniversary add-on sub will be announced at NY Toyfair?
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Roll on NYTF! Sounds like it's going to be amazing for POP fans hopefully.

I had been forcing myself not to look up the Toy Fair dates (had never heard of it before), so I wouldn't have such a long time to build up anticipation. Only ten days?!? Woo hoo! Now I can get excited!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Maybe as a SDCC exclusive and could be Starburst She ra???
    I'm FINN The human... Watch me laughing

I like the way you think.

I really hope we get at least a toy version of Catra. I LOVE the style guide/Filmation version we got but the toy version has it's own charm. Actually, I'd love a Shower Power Catra even more but I doubt we'll ever get one.

I think the celebration will be the announcement of a Pop mini-sub. It's really the only way I can see us completing Pop vintage. Some Pop inspired Monster High dolls would be awesome, but that will never happen.

I agree since you seem to know things and your fun hints are always correct
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    If there is a PoP mini sub do you think it'll be all GR members or will the Horde increase its numbers as well. I think an exclusive Dylamug or Filmation Hordak with Imp may entice a few more subs than the likes of Perfuma....don't ya think?