Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

Hello!

Well, I first go into TMOTU back when the very first commercial came out for the toy-line, I'm guessing this was 1982, but I remember the first and second commercial as if it were yesterday and recently was able to relive those days on Youtube. Brought back all kinds of memories from back then.

Anyway, I'm 41 now and very sorry that I didn't keep my collection, although I have all the comics and cartoons again now. For those who watched He-Man back when the Filmation cartoon first aired in 1983, wow, things were alot different back then, we had only 12 channels, no cable TV back then, no VCR, basically cartoons in general were shown up to 5PM on weekdays and after that you were out of luck till the next day. If I remember correctly, the Filmation cartoon aired at 4PM Mon-Fri Eastern Time in New York which is where I grew up. Saturday morning cartoons rocked back in those days though.

I was around nine or ten years old when I saw the first commercial, my math isn't prefect, but I remember it so clearly because at the time I was looking for something very specific. I started playing Dungeons & Dragons at a very young age, I was introduced to D&D when I was in third grade so it was a year or two before the He-Man toy-line became available to me, but I was looking for some action figures that were sword & sorcery based big-time. So when that commercial aired I was instantly hooked, I had found what I was looking for. It was the prefect escape, as so many can identify with. I really enjoyed the minicomics that came along with the figures, great idea. I was also a fan of the original Filmation cartoon, but I have to admit that again, I remember like it was yesterday seeing the very first episode since I was eagerly awaiting it. I must however admit, that I was left somewhat disappointed, since the storyline was a bit outside what I was expecting, since as we all know it was different than the original mini-comic run, which in retrospect was understandable, after all, if you take Star Wars which of course was a movie, and then base a toy-line after the figures, it's different than starting from the other way around. Ultimately it comes down to choosing your favorite origins that you prefer because they do differ. I could accept the whole Prince Adam story-line, but wasn't a big fan of the Orko or Cringer characters, although the 2002 remake corrected some issues and went a little deeper with origins which was appreciated. The only other criticism I had of the Filmation cartoon, was the lack of air time the evil warriors got, it was like they had only cameo appearances and I would have like to see more one on one battle time with He-Man and more airtime and expansion on the heroic warriors. All in all though, it was still great. Now, with the 2002 remake, I found myself missing the original portrayal of the Filmation He-Man and Skeletor. So, I think if you take certain elements from the first cartoon and add them to certain elements of the 2002 remake, it would have been prefect all around. Still, the imagination is the most powerful, and nothing could match my own adventures with it, lol.

I have a few questions about the future direction of TMOTU, and where it will go from here, since there are people here who will know, but I will direct them to the appropriate forum(s).
    Last edited by joe113; February 6, 2014 at 03:37pm.

Court Magician
    I think that a lot of us are wondering (and rather dreading) where MOTU's future direction will lead. Present indications are far from encouraging.

But be welcome here - from one newcomer to another.

Alan.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, joe113!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

Yes, do post your MOTU questions in other forums, you will receive a much greater response.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Welcome to He-Man.org. Hope you enjoy your time here.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Many thanks friends! This past week I've been reliving season 2 of Filmation on HULU. I surprised how much I'm enjoying it!